PDA

View Full Version : what can i do to my mini mag to make it lighter

kyle
01-03-2002, 12:03 AM
im not a weakling but i like being able to whip my markers around corners and murder m new minimag has alot of carp on it and it weigs about 10 pounds what can i do??:confused: :confused:

kyle
01-03-2002, 12:05 AM
hope these are better. sorry my camera was free:mad:

FooTemps
01-03-2002, 12:12 AM
This isn't for deep blue...

mountaindud
01-03-2002, 09:00 AM
You're pretty much out of luck. Maybe if you get a fiberwrapped tank if that one isn't. And a superbolt might free .01 lb off your arm, but you're pretty much stuck with that weight. My gun weighs 10+ pounds I actually do arm curls with it recuarly to the point where I can hold it like a pistol. BTW Nice Gun - Thats pretty much the same setup I have.

AGDmagman2001
01-03-2002, 10:59 AM
Besides getting a fiber tank there is not much you can do. Get a longer drop might make it balance better.

kyle
01-03-2002, 11:38 AM
yeah i figured that i cant do much ,but thats a carbon fiber tank do im stuck with that, ur talking about a superbolt . how much nicer are they im kinda new at automag upgrades. thatnks for oyur help:confused: :confused:

mountaindud
01-03-2002, 12:33 PM
Have you been keeping up with the superbolt fiasco that little kid started? They are nice, I ordered one but you might want to take a raincheck on it for now, AGD is still troubleshooting them.

They are a lot lighter and they chop less because they stay in the back position longer. That is the main advantage to them.

dorksquad
01-03-2002, 02:11 PM
you could cut down the body(cut off the shroud)it adds uncecessary weight, or you could just trade it for a classic body, it is ligter. if you felt daring enough and had enough skill you could also mill where the barrell is inserted after you cut the shoud off, as long as you dont remove too much materal and weaken it

brackis
01-04-2002, 03:32 PM
a micro mag body, aluminum is much lighter, then you can also have the option of annodizing it also for an even more custom look. This also makes it better if you own an autococker as well because of interchangeable threads.

Thanx,
Brackis

(man it has been a while since ive been here)

jog
01-04-2002, 11:53 PM
lift weights. May not make the gun lighter but it'll feel like it ;)

nutz
01-06-2002, 01:15 PM
macro line instead of steel hosing... might help a bit, no foregrip and fiber wraped tank :o

Cha0tic
01-06-2002, 05:54 PM
do not cut anything off your body. it will make an unnoticeable differnece. thanging the lines to macro will also not make any noticeable difference.

-if you are using an SS barrel, you may want to get an aluminum one.
-get a fiber wrapped tank. this will take off the most weight. i have the same weight problem with my 47ci flatline.
-lift weights or get a new gun :)

ThunderCock
01-07-2002, 06:42 PM
If you can still find them the diamond labs regs bodies where made of Aluminum and Titanium (only a few made I think) that will lighten it up a lot. Mind you these went the way of the dodo bird about 2 years ago I think.

-TC

Paintchucker
01-07-2002, 06:53 PM
If that is a nitrogen tank, you could lose the expansion chamber and get a smart parts gadget grip. Also, you could go remote and get the weight of the tank off the gun. That is what I did to my minimag and it seems to weigh about half of what my RT PRO with drop forward 68/3000...

If you really want to change the body out, I will buy your existing minimag body for $100 shipped. LMK...

SoupRman
01-07-2002, 07:49 PM
you have no options.
either invest in a remote
and/or
hit the weights and curl 25 lb. dumbells(?) on each arm.

Army
01-07-2002, 09:11 PM
Don't cut the body!! That will leave you with an expensive Classic!
:cool:

paintbattler
01-08-2002, 03:59 PM
u could get macroline to make a little lighter but mine leaks so i woodnt get it

SoupRman
01-08-2002, 04:09 PM
you can barely take out anything that will lighten up your gun. if you take off little peices that is just a couple of ounces. the only major things you can do is, get a remote and move the tank. change your SS body to a micromag and that may take off a few ounces maybe a pound. and get a different loader. i can't remember if you ahve a revvy bu tif you do, a 9volt would be less weight than a 12 vt. (by one battery) maybe even the new zap loader would be lighter. less paint on the gun, i.e. get 100 round loaders and use 100 at a time, keep carbon fiber frame and i htink thats about it. changing lines wouldnt do anythign except for taking 2-3 ounces maybe nto even that much off. umm also if you ahve a stealy then get a fiber. i don't remember your pics though :-P

SoupRman
01-08-2002, 04:11 PM
is that a pure e tank? 4500?

BTAutoMag
01-08-2002, 08:35 PM
sell it and buy a Brass Eagle Talon:D that will lighten it by about 9 pounds