PDA

View Full Version : The emag advantage - and how it helped at Blanding

flyboy
02-22-2007, 09:36 AM
Those of you that have emags have had it happen. You get ready to go out, set the fire select on "E" and "click".. nothing. Dead Battery. Not a problem, switch to mech and go play.

Well that happened to me at Blanding for the early morning battle at the chrono station. I chronod on mech and left the battery charging in the car while I went out, sans battery and played. On mech I was still able to get a pretty good rof. I got some quizical looks from people because of the look of the gun without the battery.

I know that if I had a pure electro I'd carry lots of exta 9 volts for this situation, but it was cool to not even worry about having to changing it in a hurry.

BigEvil
02-22-2007, 09:40 AM
I have had emags since they came out, and never once had a battery die on me. Did you just forget to charge it or is it bad?

MANN
02-22-2007, 09:43 AM
I have had emags since they came out, and never once had a battery die on me. Did you just forget to charge it or is it bad?

He is probally like me and forgot to put the yellow pin back in it. I cant tell you how bad at remembering that I am.

BigEvil
02-22-2007, 10:04 AM
He is probally like me and forgot to put the yellow pin back in it. I cant tell you how bad at remembering that I am.

HEHEHE :-) That would suck.

RRfireblade
02-22-2007, 10:09 AM
Cool for you. :)

Unfortunately that switch is one of the reasons I don't ( or haven't been able to ) use an Emag at some Tournys. All my E/Mags have the trigger rod out now so I just stay on top of my battery maintainance. ;)

slasherdan
02-22-2007, 10:10 AM
Yeah that yellow pin ... I keep seeing people with those attached to elastic "phone" cords ...

Robbie
02-22-2007, 10:24 AM
Big E it must be real easy to make a statement like The batteries in guns dont go dead.
They might get bored to death sitting waiting for some action but i think it would be ruled a suicide.
Bhahaaaaha
We missed at the Blanding game.
I am tring to put together a van trip for the viper one for memorial day weekend.

BigEvil
02-22-2007, 10:34 AM
Big E it must be real easy to make a statement like The batteries in guns dont go dead.
They might get bored to death sitting waiting for some action but i think it would be ruled a suicide.
Bhahaaaaha
We missed at the Blanding game.
I am tring to put together a van trip for the viper one for memorial day weekend.

Hey man you know me, im always on top of my stuff..

robnix
02-22-2007, 10:37 AM
Those of you that have emags have had it happen. You get ready to go out, set the fire select on "E" and "click".. nothing. Dead Battery. Not a problem, switch to mech and go play.

Well that happened to me at Blanding for the early morning battle at the chrono station. I chronod on mech and left the battery charging in the car while I went out, sans battery and played. On mech I was still able to get a pretty good rof. I got some quizical looks from people because of the look of the gun without the battery.

I know that if I had a pure electro I'd carry lots of exta 9 volts for this situation, but it was cool to not even worry about having to changing it in a hurry.

I've done it as well. It's nice knowing your marker is it's own backup.

flyboy
02-22-2007, 11:05 AM

I used it all day on Saturday with no problems but I had not given it a full charge so it was my bad. I should have charged it again at the hotel to make sure, It spent most of the day Saturday with the pin out. I know it was my goof.

Super_Stalker
02-22-2007, 11:22 AM

QFT

StygShore
02-23-2007, 09:49 AM
Im a creature of habit...

Playing at the Michigan Monster Game last year, using a Friends barrowed E-mag. Played all day Sat, and abut 1/2 day Sun, and it starts flaking out on me, I discern battery is dead.

Being used to the standard - crap battery is dead, I am now fodder for my team, I did the usual and sucked up about 70 hits charging across a log bridge so the rest of my team could get across ( OK, maybe I stood there at the end absorbing a few more hits before I properly walked off the field... )

as I'm walking off paint covered and hurting from the cranked up guns... I look down and notice the switch.... that tiny switch that had my brain been even moderately engaged I would have hit and continued playing....

Lesson learned :)

Styg

SpitFire1299
02-23-2007, 12:46 PM
I <3 Hybrid mode :D

Tao
02-23-2007, 02:20 PM

I just have the cerimonial battery charging a couple days before I go out...

1 emag bat
2 9v (for egg)
8 AAA (for warp)......

Takes about a day to get all that done

Vanced
02-23-2007, 04:10 PM
Cool for you. :)

Unfortunately that switch is one of the reasons I don't ( or haven't been able to ) use an Emag at some Tournys. All my E/Mags have the trigger rod out now so I just stay on top of my battery maintainance. ;)

...Yep ... No trigger Rod... but got a couple in the Box just in case... ummm along with the extra battery... extra charger... extra sear... extra level 10 kit... 2 extra mags cause ya never know... ummm :rolleyes:

RRfireblade
02-23-2007, 08:42 PM
...Yep ... No trigger Rod... but got a couple in the Box just in case... ummm along with the extra battery... extra charger... extra sear... extra level 10 kit... 2 extra mags cause ya never know... ummm :rolleyes:

Oh I take my share of extras, believe me , typically enought to outfit a full 5 man X Ball team . . . and I have had to thanks to plenty of less than estute team mates. :)

SR_matt
02-23-2007, 08:48 PM
you went to the mout game? man i wish i could have gone. Davi (coyote, he generaled one of the sides) had been ragging on me for not going but meh, school and cash make it hard. he said it was a great time down there.

-matt

punkncat
02-23-2007, 10:16 PM

Luckily the Mag is so easy to repair that it rarely takes dratic measure to sort it out.