PDA

View Full Version : Need help setting up my Reg

Sir. Foxalot
01-03-2002, 12:23 AM
Hey I want to make my preset crossfire adjustable to work better with my rt valve what will it take to get this done I dont have that much expirence with regs. So i need help from scratch like what reg and what i will have to get to make it all work. Thanx alot in advace!

Sir. Foxalot
01-03-2002, 01:25 AM
I was thinking taking off my gas through foregrip on my mini and put on a LAPCO two hole adapter with a DYE LP guage and an ergo reg . Hows this ? I want to reduce my pressure is this good?

Sir. Foxalot
01-03-2002, 11:58 AM
ppplease Help Someone outthere must have some advice. Thanx again

TheTramp
01-03-2002, 12:31 PM
There is only one way to really make a preset tank adjustable. Remove the reg and replace it w/ an adjustable one. No one does this because it isn't cost effective. Might as well but a new tank that comes w/ an adjustable reg like a Flatline system.

Now if you were shooting any gun that didn’t have a reg as part of the valve (cocker, sypder, ect) then putting a reg in between the tank valve and the gun valve would be a good way to get adjustable input. The problem w/ Mags is that the reg you would be adding will be a third reg. 1 on the tank, 1 in the Retro, and 1 in between. This is going to cause you two problems. Your pre-set probably puts out 800-850 psi. You want at least 600psi going into your Retro or there will be absolutely no reactivity (I have 800-850 going into mine). You should have at least 200psi difference on either side of a reg for optimal recharge time and in your scenario that forces you to have an input pressure of 600-650psi.

Basically if you try to make your pre-set tank adjustable by adding a third reg, you will either have very low reactivity in your trigger (due to low input to Retro) or serious shoot-down (due to poor recharge time because you don’t have the 200psi difference).

My advice is to keep the 800-850psi your pre-set is putting out. I know everyone has different preferences but I like that input. If you have extra cash or an extra in-line reg, by all means give it a try. I did it and had the problems I talked about.

Good luck w/ your gun. Let us know what you decide to do and how it works out.

Sir. Foxalot
01-03-2002, 12:41 PM
Bingo! Thats what I needed to hear. I am gonna go ahead and get a flatline. I want to lower my pressure from what it is at right now because The trigger as to stiff of a pull so just a little less pressure plus I just want the flatline for its consistancy. Thanks alot for that tech imput You saved me from making a costly mistake. SO Thanx AGAIN!:D :D :D