PDA

View Full Version : Xmag not firing

where am i?
02-22-2007, 01:01 PM
So I resontly got an Xmag and when I first tryed shooting in on electric after I charger it it didnt fire. The noid was clicking so I have no idea what is going on. Is the on/off to short?
I could use some help please.

flyboy
02-22-2007, 01:06 PM
So I resontly got an Xmag and when I first tryed shooting in on electric after I charger it it didnt fire. The noid was clicking so I have no idea what is going on. Is the on/off to short?

Try increasing the velocity for starters. I had to go a whole round and a half up once recently to get my etac to fire.

Pneumagger
02-22-2007, 01:10 PM

Better description of symptoms would be helpful. Is it electronic or mechanical?

I suggest sending it to Tunaman or atach and having them service it for a small fee. Better than getting risky and tinkering a Hot Xmag such as yours.

/If worse comes to worse, I'll take it off your hands for a twinkie

where am i?
02-22-2007, 03:36 PM
Better description of symptoms would be helpful. Is it electronic or mechanical?

I suggest sending it to Tunaman or atach and having them service it for a small fee. Better than getting risky and tinkering a Hot Xmag such as yours.

/If worse comes to worse, I'll take it off your hands for a twinkie

Electonic and how much would it coast for tunaman to tech it?

wjr
02-22-2007, 03:40 PM

Try emailing him?

Pneumagger
02-22-2007, 03:43 PM
$100.

Just send me the money and I'll be sure he get some of it.

flyingpootang
02-22-2007, 05:48 PM
Dose it fire in mech? If not your carrier maybe to tight. oil your on/off, be shure your velocity is up, you have a high press output tank with more than 900 usable psi in it, use the carrier that fits the loosest with out leaking, 2 shims, and the short gold spring. Also make shure the safety in the upper rear grip is off.

don miguel
02-22-2007, 05:52 PM

remeber what scripto said at BPS... "six months" before he got his Emag back from tunaman.

do you have a ULT in your xmag?

where am i?
02-22-2007, 06:02 PM
remeber what scripto said at BPS... "six months" before he got his Emag back from tunaman.

do you have a ULT in your xmag?

I know and no i dont have a ULT.

Pneumagger
02-22-2007, 08:10 PM
send it to Atach-one.

where am i?
02-22-2007, 08:47 PM
send it to Atach-one.

Does he do good work and doesnt take like 6 months?

StygShore
02-22-2007, 11:24 PM
A-tach break out wit the pictures... this kid don't know you obviously :)

Styg

psychowarden
02-22-2007, 11:36 PM
I had this same problem with my X-mag. I ended up sending to Tuna 2 times before I sold it, and then sent it again just before I sold it, and he sent it to the buyer. I don't know what the problem was, but he fixed it.

Skywalker
02-22-2007, 11:49 PM
I send my mag stuff to Tuna. He is quick and as reliable as they get.

Walrus
02-23-2007, 01:17 PM
If you are feeling up to a challenge then you can do what I did. I had a similar issue not to long ago. I had recetly put something on my Emag and went to fire off a few rounds just to only be able to hear the noid faintly click. First thing I tried to do was fire in mech mode. No problem. So, this ment there was something with the E mode. I was finally able to determine there was an issue with the noid (don't ask because I am sure it was unorthadox and I could never explain it again). After dissasembly of the grip frame to the point where I was able to get noid and plunger out (plunger still attached to the sear), I noticed that the plunger had some wear on one area. I cleaned out the inside of the noid (q-tip) to make sure everything was good there. Then I looked at the plunger. It wasn't loose so I didn't have to worry about the length, but the wear on that one spot made me curious. I put it back together and manually moved the plunger up and down. I was able to see that the plunger was rubbing and it happened to be on that area I was noticing. I took it out, "straightened" it ever so slightly and tried it manually again. Smooth! You know it is right when you can turn your grip upside down and the plunger moves freely. After reassembly I tried it in E mode again and it worked great!

Please note that the "Straightening" was only occurring on the threaded piece in the top of the plunger. I did not alter or mess with the piece that goes in the noid (long blackish gray piece). I was able to visually see which way I needed to bend the threaded rod piece to compensate for the rubbing. You could potentially really screw something up here, so it is best left to someone who knows what they are doing. {Luckily I only know what I am doing half of the time, so this happened to be during that half ;)}

You can easily tell if you need to do a similar "fix" by either turning your grip frame upside down or shaking it to see if you can hear or see your plunger moving freely in the noid. If is moving freely then you should be okay; if not then you may need some help. And as always, TRY IT IN MECH MODE FIRST :D

Pneumagger
02-23-2007, 01:22 PM
Yes, be sure the plunger and sear move absolutely freely.
Be sure your plunger is screwed out of the rod enough to produce the correct length of rod+plunger.
Be sure your ground and screw connections are good.
Your solenoid or board might be toast.

MANN
02-23-2007, 01:28 PM
Does he do good work and doesnt take like 6 months?

lol. Im pretty sure he knows how to tech an xmag. He ownes 100 of them. Word on the street is that he won powerball, and purchases every xmag that goes for bid on ebay. He also owns 20 of the 33 sfl emags. Honest.

Pneumagger
02-23-2007, 01:31 PM
lol. Im pretty sure he knows how to tech an xmag. He ownes 100 of them. Word on the street is that he won powerball, and purchases every xmag that goes for bid on ebay. He also owns 20 of the 33 sfl emags. Honest.

truff

flyingpootang
02-23-2007, 07:14 PM
Walrus has a great point. Make shure the noidand plunger are correctly adjusted and it's not loose. Go to Nidtech (the maker of the Xmod) log on and download the user manual. It has the specs of sear in it. Also the best software for the emag.