PDA

View Full Version : Newbie just bought a used minimag setup, what do you think

psyop66
01-03-2002, 01:15 AM
First, I would like to thank everyone for their input on making a purchase. I saw this package on Ebay and picked it up for $560.01 plus shipping from a guy in NY. Here is a list of components, what do you think?

1)AGD R/t Valve Assemble For Automag
(1)AGD Minimag Comp. Black Powerfeed Body Left
(1)Jt Usa Racing Thermal Flex-7 IZE Glacier Blue
(1)Benchmark Double Trigger Frame
(1)114ci 3000psi Regulated Nitrogen Tank, Glass Fiber Wrapped
(1)Dye 12" Barrel
(1)12 Volt Agitated Blue Hopper w/ black cover
(1)3000 ACI PSI Remote Coil
(1)Hard Plastic Gun Case

Is there anything else I need? I'm hoping this was a good deal.

Jay

toymyster
01-03-2002, 01:46 AM
Looks like you got a sweet deal!!!! Enjoy!!!! You may find the 114cu. tank somewhat cumbersome, so you might want a diferrent tank and a drop forward!!! Other than that, you need paint, lots of paint!!!
Happy Shooting!!!

FooTemps
01-03-2002, 01:50 AM
Nice, when you get the money maybe you should invest in an intelliframe and a flatline n2 system. It is smaller than the 114 but it's worth it.

psyop66
01-03-2002, 02:04 AM
Thanks for the input. Yes, I will be buying many many boxes of paint.

I was actually thinking of selling or trading the tank for a flatline. I was looking for a harness for this badboy and couldn't find that would hold the tank. Any ideas? Also, thinking of upgrading to a Emag through AGD, is the upgrade program still running?

I can't wait for it to get here.

Jay

magman007
01-03-2002, 02:42 AM
Yes, i believe the e-mag conversions are still up and running, but the price you pay, you could have sold oyur mag and bout an e-mag. But its up to you.

psyop66
01-03-2002, 02:44 AM
Didn't really understand your post. Please clarify.

covadsucks
01-03-2002, 10:09 AM
Nice package, sounds like you got a sweet mag. Try the mag as is first. If you don't like it, you can part it out on here and make more dough than you can on Ebay. I'd be interested in the RT Valve if you do decide to sell your mag and get an Emag.

irbodden
01-03-2002, 10:37 AM
I doubt you want to run a tank that size remote, my advise is to get a REALLY large dropforward, and grin and bear for it for a while. Have you thought about a Warpfeed?

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
01-03-2002, 10:38 AM
I'm jelous :o
;)
But have fun and good luck with your new gun.....

Paintchucker
01-03-2002, 12:40 PM
As was already mentioned, that tank may be a little big for a remote. I had an old minimag with a 20oz. CO2 tank on a remote with Xpansion Chamber. I decided to goto Nitrogen when it got cold. I have a 4500/68 tank and still have it on a remote. It is much bulkier than the 20oz. tank and seems to bounce a whole lot more on your back as you run. I also have an RT Pro with a 3000/68 on a drop forward. After years of a remote tank, that takes some getting used to as well, but seems a better solution...

RaV3n_Pa1ntba||
01-03-2002, 02:02 PM
as much as i love the intellies...it seems im the only one that loves my benchy 2x frame. I would keep it its fine. But if you wanna infest in a nice tank...getta kapp drop zone II its adjustable and since you have that huge tank you can bring the neck all the way in and lock it down so it will be all the way foward so the tank would have a great balance and barely sticking out. But you could trade it for a flatline...or sell it and grab an nice 68/4500 off of ebay for 160...

[NA]WARLORD
01-03-2002, 03:35 PM
If ya want a decent harness for carrying the tank remotley, try REDZ comfort gear, not there flex-tech series, but actual comfort belt and harnes seperate. There will be less movement of your tank, due to cinch straps on side and when ya get a smaller tank you can buy a harness that holds only tubes and can interchange with the belt.