PDA

View Full Version : staining on the clear flex-7

shupore
01-03-2002, 02:19 AM
Hi, im thinking about buying the clear Flex-7 and was wondering if anyone owns one and knows if they stain easily. I used to have clear dye stickies and they turn colors after a few days of paintball and I dont want a yellow or pink flex 7. Thanks!

Chaos
01-03-2002, 03:01 AM
Over time they will get a yellowish tint to them. I'd suggest getting a different color, especially since the clear's arn't all clear (they have some black, which personally I dont like..)

shupore
01-03-2002, 02:06 PM
anyone else have experience with it?

Magsrule3
01-03-2002, 02:51 PM
Try using RIT dye on them. I know people use it on their Dye sticky grips to add custom colors to it.

TITAN
01-03-2002, 03:13 PM
or instead of buying one and dying it you could just get one of the ize series, but if you dont like any of those colors im sure you could use the powered rit dye

Smokee_2_7
01-03-2002, 03:26 PM
well, as far as the ize bottoms go. . . ive got 2 and know several people with them also. Personally, i dont like them. They are more flimsy than the original flex bottoms, and they get out of shape very easy. usually the bottome of my ize masks looks pretty messed up. Also, I had to trash my blue one the other day. . . I was cleaning it, and while working with it, it kinda tore (i guess). There is some places where the flex stuff is coming apart and ripping. not cool. So, not wanting the same problem later by replacing it with anothe ize bottom, i figured id get a clear one or a black. a buddy gave me a used clear one for free. Its a little stained, but i think im gonna clean it up a bit, then try some rit dye to see if i can get it to match up a little better, and to beat the staining. Ill post pics when I get it done.

mac2k4
01-03-2002, 04:01 PM
if it gets hit by somin like hellfire, or ultra evil, they kinda stain, i hit someone in the lens and its staind i was shootin inferno too.

The Mag Man
01-03-2002, 04:42 PM
I would suggest a black mask. Won't give you away during woods play. But if you don't play woods, then grab whatever you want.

shupore
01-03-2002, 07:19 PM
I usually play speed or hyperball and my mask color really doesn't matter. Does anyone have any of them that changed to different colors?

DYE-BaLLeR
01-03-2002, 11:00 PM
yea clear is ok, mine is green tho, well it was clear but now its green cuz the paint but i like the tintinsh color