PDA

View Full Version : Are Mags dead or what?

wlgorman
02-23-2007, 02:02 PM
ok so I played with a mag back when i did the tourney scene...I quit in 2000...just bought a Mag classic from a buddy of mine...I dont realy like the setup but I consider part of the fun being building your own marker...

Ive been looking online and in local proshops for parts & upgrades and they seem very hard to come by...is AGD still making the mag? and are the distributors still selling them? I havent seen ANY new mags for sale on websites...whats with this???

Also, at my local field, everyone seems to look down their nose at the 'old school mag' and make comments about how 'ghetto' it is...I dont really care b/c I know its a badass gun...

give me some feedback...

P.S.-this is my setup as I got it from my friend

Mag classic powerfeed left (chrome), 12" barrel (looks like older DYE model), 12" barrel (rifled porting, very light), some type of chrome trigger frame (no trigg, guard, anodized double trigger). Bottle adapter is mounted on rail under the valve (I know, very uncomfortable)

turbo chicken
02-23-2007, 02:07 PM
all im going to say is "not this one again"

and i rarely say this ... use the search there have been at least 2 other post exactly like this in recent weeks ... search the title of your thread you should get something ...

and no they aren't mainstream anymore ...

##edit### came back to post links but someone else beat me too it ... the local shop has parts for me ... but i can usually find a better deal online ... the extra couple of dollars is worth the convience of having it now ...

rawbutter
02-23-2007, 02:11 PM
Ive been looking online and in local proshops for parts & upgrades and they seem very hard to come by...is AGD still making the mag? and are the distributors still selling them? I havent seen ANY new mags for sale on websites...whats with this???

You ARE asking a question that has been asked too many times, but since I'm newer, I'm not as annoyed by that.

Check out...
http://www.airgun.com/
http://www.themagsmith.com
http://www.tunamart.com/

All these sites have pretty much anything you could look for. (I'm currently drooling for an RPG Paradign Classic at themagsmith.)

Also, at my local field, everyone seems to look down their nose at the 'old school mag' and make comments about how 'ghetto' it is...I dont really care b/c I know its a badass gun...

Yeah... I really don't care when people look down at my "old school mag" either. They shut up pretty quick when they get shot by it.

Tao
02-23-2007, 02:17 PM
ok so I played with a mag back when i did the tourney scene...I quit in 2000...just bought a Mag classic from a buddy of mine...I dont realy like the setup but I consider part of the fun being building your own marker...

give me some feedback...

Mag classic powerfeed left (chrome), 12" barrel (looks like older DYE model), 12" barrel (rifled porting, very light), some type of chrome trigger frame (no trigg, guard, anodized double trigger). Bottle adapter is mounted on rail under the valve (I know, very uncomfortable)

Well there were a couple of AGD dealers here, but they didn't do much business with them after awile because AGD was getting to be a pain to deal with (hey I am just repeating what I was told).

You pretty much have to buy any parts straight from AGD. They seem to still be producing guns in their line, but not designing any new ones.

Classic mags may be ugly, but AGD products still get the "WTF is that????" namely my warp fed emag. :clap:
I am aspiring to get a Z grip RT, which will be even better :dance:

trevorjk
02-23-2007, 02:30 PM
TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS.... YES. MAGS ARE DEAD :ninja: <-thats the sarcasm ninja

with that being said a run of 25 custom frames sold out in less then an hour last week. and sales are still remaining solid

robnix
02-23-2007, 02:51 PM
TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS.... YES. MAGS ARE DEAD

with that being said a run of 25 custom frames sold out in less then an hour last week. and sales are still remaining solid

I'm angry I was traveling the day those frames hit preorder.... :mad:

Hoping for a second run soon! :clap:

rawbutter
02-23-2007, 02:55 PM
I'm angry I was traveling the day those frames hit preorder.... :mad:

Hoping for a second run soon! :clap:

I second that... although I'll need a few months to save up the $175 that the frames cost. :wow:

REDRT
02-23-2007, 03:01 PM
For us people that still care mags are not dead. To most of the PB world they might as well be.

Pacifist_Farmer
02-23-2007, 04:06 PM
I don't understand what motivates people to come to a forum dedicated to a particular brand of marker, and ask if it's dead. What about that makes sense, if it was dead there wouldn't a forum, there wouldn't be people who posted there every day about all the new custom markers/equipment people are building.

A little searching and reading prior to posting might help some newer members.

On the other side of the coin it would be mildly entertaining to go post in Ion/Fusion forums about how those markers must be dead because no one walked up to us and offered to sell us one.

::sorry, long day, I feel much better now::

snoopay700
02-23-2007, 04:26 PM
I'm lucky, i live in northern illinois, so when i go to the field that i play at most often (paintball sam's) most people know what a mag is and respect it, although there are a few that i have to prove it's worth to, but the refs up there have a team and most of that team uses some kind of mag, like these twin brothers use different mags, i think one had an emag and the other had a retrovalved hypermag. Mags are far from dead, but they're no where near mainstream now, but i rather like that. Also, check out the xmag, that was their last big innovation, and i want one, but they're hard to find and expensive when you do.

kruger
02-23-2007, 04:36 PM
Mags are not dead. They also are NOT mainstream. They also are NOT advertised. They dont get the billing that a Dye or a SP or an Angel do. Dead, no. Very def. a specific market.

don miguel
02-23-2007, 04:39 PM
one other thread like this is on the first page of threads (a of when I posted this).

CKY_Alliance
02-23-2007, 05:06 PM
one other thread like this is on the first page of threads (a of when I posted this).

Trying to be helpfull, isn't too helpfull when you can't even type coherently.

Lupis Fidelis
02-23-2007, 11:15 PM
TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS.... YES. MAGS ARE DEAD :ninja: <-thats the sarcasm ninja

Is this the same ninja? http://www.askaninja.com/

trevorjk
02-24-2007, 01:36 AM
Is this the same ninja? http://www.askaninja.com/

boy do i wish!

RRfireblade
02-24-2007, 11:47 AM
Economically , yes it's dead.

In function , it's the same marker it ever was and is still available direct from the manufacture in any configuration you could possibly need.

If you liked it then and still like it now then I'm not sure what other info you need. ;)

Go shoot someone. ;)

robnix
02-24-2007, 11:49 AM

give me some feedback...

They're so dead I just bought a new Tac One. :clap:

snoopay700
02-24-2007, 02:36 PM
They're so dead I just bought a new Tac One. :clap:
In that case i hope they die even more so we might just get a new marker! ;)

don miguel
02-24-2007, 02:39 PM
my mags are dead, but I don't know about yours. Mine haven't been breathing for a while, and I can't seem to find a pulse.

:D

snoopay700
02-24-2007, 02:41 PM
my mags are dead, but I don't know about yours. Mine haven't been breathinbg for a while, and I can't seem to find a pulse.

:D
I have the opposite problem, mine actually ate my cat, and my dinner, and it took my bed. It's a monster that's taken over my house. Damn you Tom Kaye!

paintballfiend
02-24-2007, 07:39 PM
Mags just won't die. It has something to do with the Zombie technology Tom used to make them. :rolleyes:

snoopay700
02-24-2007, 08:11 PM
Mags just won't die. It has something to do with the Zombie technology Tom used to make them. :rolleyes:
Are you bringing the info that Tom used voodoo in the production of mags to the table like it's unknown? Everyone knows each and every mag is infused with the blood of little children.

EPIC_Vader
02-25-2007, 09:39 PM
Are you bringing the info that Tom used voodoo in the production of mags to the table like it's unknown? Everyone knows each and every mag is infused with the blood of little children.

you owe me a new keyboard :spit_take

snoopay700
02-25-2007, 11:16 PM
you owe me a new keyboard :spit_take
Really? Well that's a damn shame, isn't it, haha.

cyberave68
02-27-2007, 12:54 PM
my mags are dead, but I don't know about yours. Mine haven't been breathing for a while, and I can't seem to find a pulse.

Well of course your mags are dead, and you can’t find a pulse…
It’s called USER ERROR!!!

My Mags rock on and off the field, and Mags will never die, they just lurk around corners waiting to pounce!!!

PumpMag
02-27-2007, 04:44 PM
As proven by SoCal AO, Mags rule!

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=209254