PDA

View Full Version : new technology? or hype?

don miguel
02-24-2007, 05:51 PM
watch this video: mini vid (http://invertpaintball.com/?page=minivideo2)
when the guy starts to talk about the hoses, he eventually gets to the trigger... then he says "we use a hall-effect sensor...which is completely new technology" then he talks about how there is no trigger switch. Has he and the rest of invert forgotten about THE XMAG?
http://www.airgun.com/museum/text/JPG/x-mag_zz.jpg

the xmag has a hall effect sensor trigger as well... hmmm new technology, or hype crazy reps? I like the mini alot, but this is just another example of HYPE OVER KNOWLEDGE!!!!

what do you think?

wjr
02-24-2007, 06:06 PM
:rofl:

I doubt Manike forgot about the xmag, seeing as how he helped design it.

I didn't actually watch the video, so I'm not going to make any judgements yet...

RvB Caboose
02-24-2007, 06:07 PM
Promoting the HES as "completely new technology" just helps to size up the Mini as pure innovation. Paintball manufacturers love to make sure players have the latest and greatest technological improvements.

don miguel
02-24-2007, 06:09 PM
Promoting the HES as "completely new technology" just helps to size up the Mini as pure innovation. Paintball manufacturers love to make sure players have the latest and greatest technological improvements.
yeah, so true. The mini is nice, but I can see that this could have been a slip of the tounge.

skriptal
02-24-2007, 06:11 PM
not only does the XMAG use hes, but the EMAG uses it also.

Also in the video he says, "it (HES) has not been seen for a long time." as hge does sorta acknowledge that it has been used before.

and Manike knows that he is not the first one to use HES

LFD92
02-24-2007, 06:16 PM
If you actually listened to what he said, he clearly states, and I quote:

This isn't entirely new technology, it's just that no one has brought it out in a long time

Pneumagger
02-24-2007, 06:28 PM
Why did you post Xmag stats in an AO thread as if it's informative.

Part of being a member here is worshiping the Xmag and knowing it's construction thoroughly. It's a membership prerequisite, if you must.

/psst, the emag uses hall sensor too.
//the mini uses it as a novelty - there's no necessity warrenting the excess power usage of a Hall effect switch. <--- basically it's there to cater to the AAGites (and moonenites)
///Manike knows it's not original

Mind'sEye
02-24-2007, 07:34 PM
One of the primary objectives in the Mini's design was to eliminate air lines and wires. I can't vouch for the reliability of the components but the overall install is very clean. The HES is direct mounted to the upper board which eliminates the need for exposed wires to connect a microswitch to the board. To that end it serves it's intended purpose:

https://home.comcast.net/~l.b.stanchfield/wsb/media/1870787/site1041.jpg

bentothejam1n
02-24-2007, 07:59 PM
watch this video: mini vid (http://invertpaintball.com/?page=minivideo2)
when the guy starts to talk about the hoses, he eventually gets to the trigger... then he says "we use a hall-effect sensor...which is completely new technology" then he talks about how there is no trigger switch. Has he and the rest of invert forgotten about THE XMAG?

the xmag has a hall effect sensor trigger as well... hmmm new technology, or hype crazy reps? I like the mini alot, but this is just another example of HYPE OVER KNOWLEDGE!!!!

what do you think?
you can stop posting now

Super_Stalker
02-24-2007, 08:07 PM
yo're a little slow on the draw there cowboy. It's been disscussed.

snoopay700
02-24-2007, 08:09 PM
you can stop posting now
:headbang:

RvB Caboose
02-25-2007, 04:26 AM
I haven't seen the video, but if it is stated that the HES HAS been used before, and is not "completely new technology," then I stand corrected.

Compared to a microswitch, does a HES use more battery power. Why did AGD choose to use one instead of a microswitch in the E/X-Mag?

__Phoenix__
02-25-2007, 05:35 AM
I'm waiting for the mods to start doing their job.

CKY_Alliance
02-25-2007, 11:15 AM
I'm waiting for the mods to start doing their job.

• Do not use excessive colors, bold letters, or ASCII characters

Indeed...

don miguel
02-25-2007, 11:29 AM
• Do not use excessive colors, bold letters, or ASCII characters

Indeed...
geese people it's for effect. Watch the video, I think the guy was trying to make a point, but one little slip in speech can make you look like a liar.

thomas
02-25-2007, 11:40 AM
geese people it's for effect. Watch the video, I think the guy was trying to make a point, but one little slip in speech can make you look like a liar.
Or, make you look like idiot for not knowing who Manike is or his contributions to this forum and Mags in general. :tard:

I don't think it was a slip in his speech but rather a slip in your hearing or perhaps your brain doesn't process the english language properly?

Who are these geese people you speak of? :confused:

FromTheBack
02-25-2007, 12:38 PM

You really should show more respect to such a good guy as manike. He's helped mags out and if you didn't know that you owe it to yourself to find out what he did.

snoopay700
02-25-2007, 02:07 PM
I finally watched said video and he says "which isn't entirely new technology" so clean out them ears.

Beemer
02-25-2007, 06:58 PM
Ya but wait. Isnt there a pat. pend. or Pat. applied for on the hes trig? Or is there? Who would know that?

d4m4don3
02-25-2007, 08:10 PM
Ya but wait. Isnt there a pat. pend. or Pat. applied for on the hes trig? Or is there? Who would know that?

If I remember correctly this has been discussed before, PTP gave AGD the patent to the HES Trigger. I believe AGD isn't enforcing the patent.

cyrus-the-virus
02-25-2007, 09:19 PM
If I remember correctly this has been discussed before, PTP gave AGD the patent to the HES Trigger. I believe AGD isn't enforcing the patent.

wwhich means E-mags arn't making a return....ever.

Don.....I give up... he's not going away....

SpitFire1299
02-25-2007, 09:41 PM
I love my mini!!!!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/PwrMugen/IMG_0022.jpg

:cheers:

Lohman446
02-25-2007, 09:59 PM
Agreed, I like mine so much I ordered a second one today :)

behemoth
02-25-2007, 10:03 PM
Agreed, I like mine so much I ordered a second one today :)

While youre at it, buy me one, and i'll get you back. okay?

manike
02-25-2007, 11:31 PM
That's actually not me guys, that's Avery Amaya. I have an English accent... well mostly, although it's being abused after 3 years of living in the states. :)

I've worked quite hard to make sure people know we weren't the first to have a Hall Effect Senor in the Mini and that the E-mag had one before. I do my best to give props where they are due, and not take credit that belongs to others.

Obviously if you actually paid attention to that video you would see that Avery quite clearly says it's not the first gun to use the technology, but that it hasn't been used in a while. Which is true.

:hail: To all those that did listen and realise what was actually said. :cheers:

Lohman, very glad to hear you like it. :shooting:

turbo chicken
02-25-2007, 11:47 PM
hmmm ... xmag or mini ... love the simplicity of the mini ... but AGD is where the heart is ...

eh ... must finish the pump mag first ...

FlawleZ
02-26-2007, 12:33 AM
Ya know, I was at the field today and two peeps were there shooting Mini's and while I gawked for a bit, I didn't even ask to shoot one. I'm wishing I did now.

Beemer
02-26-2007, 02:26 AM
Avery quite clearly says it's not the first gun to use the technology, but that it hasn't been used in a while. Which is true.

:hail: To all those that did listen and realise what was actually said. :cheers:

Desega
02-26-2007, 09:07 PM
Or, make you look like idiot for not knowing who Manike is or his contributions to this forum and Mags in general. :tard:

I don't think it was a slip in his speech but rather a slip in your hearing or perhaps your brain doesn't process the english language properly?

Who are these geese people you speak of? :confused:

You earn 15 cool points Mr. Thomas.

calebh
02-26-2007, 10:09 PM
so how many actually understand the hall effect? lol

Lohman446
02-27-2007, 10:34 PM
I like the mini alot, but this is just another example of HYPE OVER KNOWLEDGE!!!!

what do you think?

I think you, of all people, should not talk about people talking about what they don't have a clue about.

Beemer
02-28-2007, 02:10 AM
He just asked what ya thought. That is all.

keep asking the questions, thats what its all about. Like is there a Pat. pend. or Pat. applied for on the HES Trig and who would know that? And if you know it its still okay to use it. Well ya know what it is. Till it gets a grant you can do what ever ya want with it.

don miguel
02-28-2007, 04:13 PM
That's actually not me guys, that's Avery Amaya. I have an English accent... well mostly, although it's being abused after 3 years of living in the states. :)

I've worked quite hard to make sure people know we weren't the first to have a Hall Effect Senor in the Mini and that the E-mag had one before. I do my best to give props where they are due, and not take credit that belongs to others.

Obviously if you actually paid attention to that video you would see that Avery quite clearly says it's not the first gun to use the technology, but that it hasn't been used in a while. Which is true.

Sorry I must have misinterpreted it, it really sounded like he said it was brand new technology. I do love the mini, and I was sure you guys weren't all about hype.

Doobie
02-28-2007, 04:28 PM

***Warning off topic***

Simon...PM me. Trina and I are in NY and want to hear from you (and invite you to the West Point Big Game) but I can't because you are the hardest Brit ever to find even with your English/Jersy accent!