PDA

View Full Version : Styx frame

CONFIRMEDKILL
02-24-2007, 07:19 PM
http://www.firstcallpaintball.com/pages-productinfo/product-3648/power-lyte-powerlyte-grip-styx-frame.html?zenid=3ebb3c6f805cd0b18350ab390c6ce1b6

Does anyone know about the quality of this frame? Is it worth the 20$?

CONFIRMEDKILL
02-25-2007, 12:45 PM
Somebody has to know...

buzzboy
02-25-2007, 12:53 PM
From what I ahve seen on here some people love the Styx and others don't really care for it. Seems to me to look kinda like it has the same feel as a benchmark but I have never held either so I really don't know. And hell, I'd get one for only $20

dogEmedic
02-25-2007, 12:53 PM
If it means anything, the one my friend got for a spyder was the worst thing he ever bought.

Very long trigger pull, and the saftey has a button you had to pull out to safe, not push.

craltal
02-25-2007, 12:58 PM
They're not bad. An Intelliframe feels a bit nicer to me, but they definitely are a good deal at that price.

RRfireblade
02-25-2007, 12:59 PM
It's really nothing like a Benchmark but regardless . . .

Powerlyte make very good products , good quality and at a good price. Thier frames are well made IMO.

Whether you will like it or not only you can answer but I've had and shot them in the past and thought they were fine if you like that style/look.

snoopay700
02-25-2007, 01:59 PM
My questoin, can you put a viper trigger on one, have it function fine, and make a good pnueframe out of it or would i be better off getting an icd frame?

RRfireblade
02-25-2007, 02:15 PM
Don't know but pretty rare for you to be able to put one branded product in another brands product. ;)

Why would you use an ICD frame on a Mag ?

behemoth
02-25-2007, 02:17 PM
Don't know but pretty rare for you to be able to put one branded product in another brands product. ;)

A few people have put b2k4 frames on mags, and slapped pnues in 'em...

snoopay700
02-25-2007, 02:18 PM

make a good pnueframe out of it or would i be better off getting an icd frame

To answer you directly though, to make a pnueframe for cheap, because i'm a little on the poor side and don't have enough money to buy a new frame and the parts to make a pnuemag.

RRfireblade
02-25-2007, 02:20 PM
So you have a ICD frame to use then ?

RRfireblade
02-25-2007, 02:21 PM
A few people have put b2k4 frames on mags, and slapped pnues in 'em...

I was just think why buy one over the other , a mag one would be an easier start.

behemoth
02-25-2007, 02:24 PM
I was just think why buy one over the other , a mag one would be an easier start.

We know this.

They obviously dont :cool:

snoopay700
02-25-2007, 02:30 PM
So you have a ICD frame to use then ?
No, i currently have an intelliframe but i don't want to take the chance of screwing that one up and i'd rather have the option of taking off the pnueframe if it had a problem and slapping on the intelliframe so i can still play. And again, i'm looking for an ICD frame because they are much cheaper than a mag frame and i know they work on mags. Money is an issue for me in this instance, as i don't have much.

behemoth
02-25-2007, 02:33 PM
No, i currently have an intelliframe but i don't want to take the chance of screwing that one up and i'd rather have the option of taking off the pnueframe if it had a problem and slapping on the intelliframe so i can still play. And again, i'm looking for an ICD frame because they are much cheaper than a mag frame and i know they work on mags. Money is an issue for me in this instance, as i don't have much.

by the time you FIND a ICD Frame for the right price, you could have most of your pmag done.

RRfireblade
02-25-2007, 02:37 PM

Honestly , there really isn't much to hurt the frame doing a pnue mod to it if your smart with your layout. Anything minor like a screw hole "should" be under a grip. I have quite a few pneu proto frame that are back on guns and unless I looked closely I probably could even tell you which.

AGDRetro
02-25-2007, 02:41 PM
I have a Powerlyte frame on my pump Mag and love it. I use a 12 gram or 3.5 oz CO2 on the vert ASA though, a bottomline on that frame feels weird...

snoopay700
02-25-2007, 03:00 PM
Honestly , there really isn't much to hurt the frame doing a pnue mod to it if your smart with your layout. Anything minor like a screw hole "should" be under a grip. I have quite a few pneu proto frame that are back on guns and unless I looked closely I probably could even tell you which.
Well it's also got to do with if it ever screws up and i'm not able to fix it quickly i'd like to slap a normal double trigger on there.

And as for having my pmag done by now, i wouldn't because i lack money for a new frame made especially for mags.

RRfireblade
02-25-2007, 03:28 PM
Well I'd say 20 for the PL frame is the way to go then :)

turbo chicken
02-25-2007, 05:18 PM
i like mine ... i need some panels for it though ... even considering keeping it for my final pumpmag conversion(unless i can get a good deal on a single trigger one) ... i like the feel and look ... i did have to make a spacer for the back hole on the grip and the twist lock is a little long for the hole that is drilled .. still need to see if i can shorten the twist lock assy so it will fit properly

guess i should mention i got one that goes on a classic RT...

http://www.geocities.com/bijmo410/mag.JPGhttp://www.geocities.com/bijmo410/tightsetup.JPG