PDA

View Full Version : Where the Golfers at ?

RRfireblade
02-25-2007, 01:30 PM
Short local course . . . 280 Par 4 just down wind , 3 wood . . . SNAP !

Ooh that looks good , slightly drawing back towards the pin ,go baby go . . . . bounce . . . roll.

IT'S IN THE HOLE ! ! !

:D

Yeah that's right.

Just had to share. 20 years of golf , first double eagle , pretty stoked.

You may now return to regularly scheduled programming.

Steelrat
02-25-2007, 01:48 PM
I've played for a few years, but only a few times, and pretty much went out there with crappy clubs and just hit the ball.

I started taking lessons this winter, and just picked up a set of Cleveland HiBore hybrid irons. Since I'm pretty much done with paintball for now, I'm going to give serious golf play a try.

It helps that the WAF on this is much higher, especially since I bought her lessons and a nice set of Adams clubs for Christmas.

RRfireblade
02-25-2007, 01:55 PM
Definately. Women love golf . . .actually I think it's the dressing in cute outfits, showing off pretty equiptment and gabbing with the other fems between holes . . . but yeah , still. :)

fire1811
02-25-2007, 08:27 PM
I play Tiger Woods 07 for the Xbox 360. Does that count?

RRfireblade
02-25-2007, 08:54 PM
Eh , why not. I play the PC version.

Speaking of which , have I mentioned Vista blows yet today ?

Steelrat
02-25-2007, 08:56 PM
Eh , why not. I play the PC version.

Speaking of which , have I mentioned Vista blows yet today ?

Why does it blow?

fire1811
02-25-2007, 09:00 PM
Really I actually like Vista.
I have the Ultimate edition.

behemoth
02-25-2007, 09:00 PM
Of course you play golf. You're from florida.

Thats why you have flocks of old people from ohio who've retired, moved to florida, and do nothing but golf and polka dance.

RRfireblade
02-25-2007, 09:07 PM
Of course you play golf. You're from florida.

Thats why you have flocks of old people from ohio who've retired, moved to florida, and do nothing but golf and polka dance.

Don't forget BINGO And NASCAR.

RRfireblade
02-25-2007, 09:11 PM
Why does it blow?

Eh , just doesn't like much not MS so far. I have a ton of stuff that 'should' run on it and doesn't. Some of it is MS by the way too. :)

It's shame that it takes some much space and resources too. They upped the partition for system Restore to like 15% and you no longer have control to back that off anymore. Your talking 15g on a 100g HD.

It crashes a little on one of my machines but it does crash 'nicer'. :) I'll give them that.

RRfireblade
02-25-2007, 09:15 PM
Really I actually like Vista.
I have the Ultimate edition.

I have that on one and Premium Home on the other.

It is pretty , the Wife loves it for that. :)

I didn't even think about the OS when I ordered the last couple Laptops and they just came with it. I ordered before the official release so I didn't even think it was an option.

It's just a pain if you have software from the last year or so you depend on and no one knows why it won't work or what to do about it. Some I use runs $3-5K a version. :wow:

MANN
02-25-2007, 09:20 PM
Congrats.

I love playing golf. I also love drinking while playing golf. Yep that pretty much sums it up.

turbo chicken
02-26-2007, 10:37 AM
Congrats.

I love playing golf. I also love drinking while playing golf. Yep that pretty much sums it up.

^ i read all of the post in an effort to not repeat... and what do i get at the very end of the thread??? this ...

so yeah ... me too ...

but i'm so bad that if i can't see the ball i don't look for it ... ill just play best ball with whoever i'm playing with ... i need to take lessons but paintball take presidence ...

neppo1345
02-26-2007, 02:29 PM
Congratulations.

My clubs are at home, where they have about 6 inches of snow on the ground :(

rkjunior303
02-26-2007, 03:08 PM
i plan on picking up some knock-offs so i can learn the game. i know how to play the game but i've never actually gone out there and learned to swing a club properly. i'll probably take a few lessons. i'm a hockey player, you figure i should know how to golf.

from what i heard, the clubs frmo these guys are actually pretty solid to learn on:

www.pinemeadowgolf.com

Steelrat
02-26-2007, 03:26 PM
i plan on picking up some knock-offs so i can learn the game. i know how to play the game but i've never actually gone out there and learned to swing a club properly. i'll probably take a few lessons. i'm a hockey player, you figure i should know how to golf.

from what i heard, the clubs frmo these guys are actually pretty solid to learn on:

www.pinemeadowgolf.com

They are probably direct rip-offs. They specifically mention what club they are copied from "If you like the Ping G5, you'll like this club" etc etc.

Dicks has a sale on Adams A2 irons. Good set to start with for a good price. You can also get the full Adams "Tight Lies" set for a good price, and that includes the bag, putter, driver, woods, and irons.

I used a Dick's 20% off coupon to get my set of irons. A bit pricier, but cheap compared to paintball stuff, and they'll last me a good long while. Plus, I think it's worth it to get the "super game improvement" stuff that will make it easier to be a casual player. Some clubs are not very forgiving of bad hits. Make sure you look for super game improvement or game improvement irons, as they will compensate for poor hits.

buzzboy
02-26-2007, 08:14 PM
Golf is frinkin sweet. My dad first took me out to play with some friends of his about 4-5 years ago. Throughout the years I have started playing more and more and finally this year for Christmas my grandmother got me a set of Golden Bear Clubs. I feel that this year(when the grass on the course comes back to life) I will start playing more. I just wonder how much it will end up costing me.

Our course sux at the moment. Back in 03 hurrican isabel whiped out the 3rd and 4th holes.(which are also the 12th and 13th because it's a 9 whole course). Just this past november they finally oppened the 34rd back up. Other than that you pay some ridiculus prices to play on a substandard course. It costs the same as some of the nicer places that I have played in FL.

Army
02-26-2007, 08:25 PM
I hate that windmill though. I always hit a blade and it bounces the ball back to me.

The clown sucks too.

RRfireblade
02-26-2007, 09:59 PM
I hate that windmill though. I always hit a blade and it bounces the ball back to me.

The clown sucks too.

Then you just not hitting it hard enough. :)

master_alexander
02-26-2007, 11:04 PM
nice. i havent played in 2 years... took up.. biking. :)

taylor492
02-27-2007, 04:49 AM
Short local course . . . 280 Par 4 just down wind , 3 wood . . . SNAP !

Ooh that looks good , slightly drawing back towards the pin ,go baby go . . . . bounce . . . roll.

IT'S IN THE HOLE ! ! !

Yeah that's right.

Just had to share. 20 years of golf , first double eagle , pretty stoked.

You may now return to regularly scheduled programming.

Great Shot! One question:

It was a par 4 right? Was it your tee shot or from the fairway? If it was from the fairway it was just an eagle and not a double eagle. If it was from the tee it was a hole in one. Either way im jealous, great shot. :cuss:

RRfireblade
02-27-2007, 08:13 AM
Tee shot silly. I wouldn't be much of a golfer it I was hitting 3 wood as my second shot on a 280 yard hole. :p

buzzboy
02-27-2007, 07:14 PM
Shouldn't we be calling you silly. You are the one not calling it a whole en won. Personally I find a hole in one to be more awesomer sounding.

taylor492
02-27-2007, 08:52 PM
Tee shot silly. I wouldn't be much of a golfer it I was hitting 3 wood as my second shot on a 280 yard hole. :p

Yeah that would seem silly unless youve ever played with my uncle then it would seem routine. :p

A 280 yrd par 4 seems rather short though.

RRfireblade
02-27-2007, 11:07 PM
Yeah that would seem silly unless youve ever played with my uncle then it would seem routine. :p

A 280 yrd par 4 seems rather short though.

Yeah , it's a short local course. ;) That's why I said that. :D

It's only a par 70.

To me a Double eagle is beyond 'just' a hole in one. Anyone 'basically' has a shot at a hole in 1 (par 3). Even a hacker can reach any local course par 3 , get a roll , some luck and bingo.

Putting one in fron that distance on a Par 4 (even a short one) , that's a little more special to me. Much like internet ROF claims , there aren't many club players that can 'drive' that distance (all carry) never the less with a 3 wood hit off the deck AND put inside a yard of target. :ninja:

turbo chicken
02-28-2007, 08:36 AM
Yeah , it's a short local course. ;) That's why I said that. :D

It's only a par 70.

To me a Double eagle is beyond 'just' a hole in one. Anyone 'basically' has a shot at a hole in 1 (par 3). Even a hacker can reach any local course par 3 , get a roll , some luck and bingo.

Putting one in fron that distance on a Par 4 (even a short one) , that's a little more special to me. Much like internet ROF claims , there aren't many club players that can 'drive' that distance (all carry) never the less with a 3 wood hit off the deck AND put inside a yard of target. :ninja:

I sure as heck cant do that ... on any hole > 200yds ... infact i all but stopped trying to hit the ball more than that off the tee ... i just take an easy swing and try to keep it on the green ... which has actually helped out a lot ... i just can't rely on my unorthodox wing to get the ball that far accurately ...

I recently moved walking distance <100 yards from a par 3 pro shop ... lots of practice with the irons ... now i cant hardly hit my woods for crap ..

i figured out how to hit the ball with no instruction from a pro so yeah i suck ... but i'm getting better every time i play :) I can only imagine what some structured lesson would do for my game ...

RRfireblade
02-28-2007, 08:49 AM
Lessons here and there are good for sure but I do believe that a 'natural' swing is a good start.

I definately wouldn't call myself an intructor but I get asked from time to time and thats my approach.Main thing I don't like about most teachers is they try and turn everyone into a text book. Almost never going to happen with a player over like 5 years old. :)

Most peoples biggest problems are in thier arms/hands , as in too much of them in the swing. ;) On the back swing , all you have to do is make a turn with out bending your left elbow at all (no matter how little you can turn at first) and let your right elbow bend naturally, on the forward move keep that position till right at impact where at that point you should have both your elbows straight then right after impact , keep the right elbow straight from then till your at the top of your follow thru. If you can get that , it will force 75-85% of everything else to stay in line. . . if that makes sence.

Anyway . . .

Cool to see a few others here have an interest. Seemed kinda wierd posting a golf story on a pb forum. :D

taylor492
02-28-2007, 11:34 AM
Living in Arizona makes it easy to find a course close to home. Plus i worked at a golf course for about 2 years. It was great. Free golf, free range balls. What more can ya ask for? I got better at golf and whenever my car broke down i would play a round of golf with the mechanic that worked on the mowers and stuff. Wed bet on the round and id always end up winning and hed have to fix my car for free. :D

turbo chicken
02-28-2007, 12:10 PM
Now with all of this golf talk i'm going to have to play a round today ... i only have to pay 7.00 for 9 holes ... cheapest golf ever.

here's the weather outlook linky (http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/golf/weather/weekend/?clubId=1051211)

the property is apartments with a 9 hole course in the middle ... with water all the way down the middle ... one of the more difficult par3's i've played ...

i only lost one ball last time i played ...