PDA

View Full Version : Got some E-mag Q's

Texas Ace
02-25-2007, 04:28 PM
OK, I am wanting to get some kind of eletro Mag. I am going to sell my Angel and want to get a mag for a backup since they never break. So here are a few Q’s…

1: What is the best E-mag out there? I think it is the X-mag? But those are $$$. So what is the best bang for your buck?

2: What prices are E-mags going for now days?

3: Any good places to get one cheap?

4: Anybody got one they want to sell? If so post it of PM me. (if this is in the wrong thread, sorry. Didn’t want to make another post until I got these answers and knew what I wanted…)

5: What are the barrel threads on the e-mags? Cocker?

6: I really would like one that has the basic up’s already on it, what are the most needed things besides a lvl 10/X-valve?

Thanks!

Thotograph
02-25-2007, 05:08 PM
OK, I am wanting to get some kind of eletro Mag. I am going to sell my Angel and want to get a mag for a backup since they never break. So here are a few Q’s…

1: What is the best E-mag out there? I think it is the X-mag? But those are $$$. So what is the best bang for your buck?

4: Anybody got one they want to sell? If so post it of PM me. (if this is in the wrong thread, sorry. Didn’t want to make another post until I got these answers and knew what I wanted…)

6: I really would like one that has the basic up’s already on it, what are the most needed things besides a lvl 10/X-valve?

Thanks!

the barrel threading is cocker... so long as it's a ule body or other (x-mag is cocker threads as well) it's possible to get an e-mag with a twist lock/powerfeed body but it's not exactly commonplace now-a-days. i would say it's a safe bet that the large majority of e-mags out today are cocker threaded, except for the first gen e-mags.

prices are great used, except the emags hold up in value a little bit better. internally (besides the level x) they are all just about equal. maybe the original e-mags vary slightly in valve design, but honestly besides materials used (ss vs. alluminum) and maybe a few tollerances not much has changed... buying used would be my suggestion because a $20 parts kit and some shims will make any x-valve perform about as good as the day it first saw the sunlight.

in all i think the x-mag would be the best one around because if i'm not mistaken it's the one that has the breech that can be either a warp breech or a vert feed depending on it's position... that sounds like a great option for many reasons... $$$ especially no need to get a second mainbody for warp feed,and it's a great backup if your warp goes down.

ok with an emag you don't really need any ups besides cosmetics like a feedneck or whatever else you want to make it look cool... the ult is pointless b/c you'll be running it in e-mode provided everything is working... i don't think they even recommend you use the ult with an e-mag. a barrel kit isn't a bad idea either but i can imagine you already had that in mind. i suppose if you even call it an up you might want an adjustable output high pressure tank. this way you can dial in the exact preformance characteristics that you desire for your mag... (i.e. speed vs first shot consistency etc.) also if you have to use it in mech mode for whatever reason you'll want to turn up the input pressure for some love from the reactive trigger.

with the level x you just want to make sure it's running as best as it possibly can... so read up on the level x tuning section if need be...

if you are going to/can make use of the different firing modes then the e-mag is an excellent choice... i personally think a level x/x-valve pneumag or level x rt ule w/ ult is plenty of speed but i'm oldschool. goodluck with your future purchase and i'm glad to hear you want to convert to imo the greatest pb gun ever designed.

:headbang: rock on!

peace

Texas Ace
02-25-2007, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the info! Yeah i already have an Air America adjustable tank and i also got a BOA barrel so i am set that way.

I have scanned all the forums i know that would have mags and have only found a few e-mags. They range from $450 - $600. That about right? But not one X-mag. Any idea where to look?

p8ntbal4me
02-25-2007, 05:22 PM

The best E-Mag is preference really. X-Mags and SFL X-Mags are probley the best but are no longer made. If you get your hands on one,.. hold onto it!

Order your custom E-Mag here on the AGD web store (http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=388&categoryID=86)

eBay or buy it new

Go here (http://www.automags.org/forums/search.php?), under the box labled "Search by Key Word" type "emag", under the "Search in Forums" box, select "Classified Forums - Buy/Sell/Trade"

Go to eBay and check there as well.

Barrel threads depends on the body. SS bodies take twistlock barrels, X-Mag/Karta/ULE bodies take cocker threaded barrels.

Depends on the valve you buy. X-Valves have Level 10 kits installed already, some E-Mag valves have them, some dont. Check before you buy.

Thanks!

Your Welcome! :)

Texas Ace
02-25-2007, 05:26 PM
Thanks again, i guess i should have said that i am going to get a used one. As it is for a backup i don't need a new one. I have looked on ebay and not one e-mag for sale right now and only like one has been sold in the last month. I have been looking through this site and saw a few that look interresting... We will see what comes out of it.

p8ntbal4me
02-25-2007, 05:36 PM
Thanks again, i guess i should have said that i am going to get a used one. As it is for a backup i don't need a new one. I have looked on ebay and not one e-mag for sale right now and only like one has been sold in the last month. I have been looking through this site and saw a few that look interresting... We will see what comes out of it.

There are 2 on ebay right now.

#1: http://cgi.ebay.com/AGD-E-MAG-PAINTBALL-MARKER-W-LEVEL-10-AND-EXTRAS_W0QQitemZ180089950776QQihZ008QQcategoryZ160 48QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

#2 http://cgi.ebay.com/AIR-GUN-DESIGNS-E-MAG-PAINTBALL-GUN-AND-WARP-FEED_W0QQitemZ190072854552QQihZ009QQcategoryZ47251 QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Make sure when you type "emag" into the search bar you pay attention to the other suggested spellings and "other possible searches" such as "e-mag" or "e mag".

There a nice olive drab military colored emag on the classifieds on the AO as well,.. and there are at least 4 other E-Mags. I would look to the AO before going to eBay.

Texas Ace
02-25-2007, 05:42 PM
Cool! thanks for the help/ I just searched for "automag" and "mag" and looked through all the listings and didn't see those. I can't belive they didn't have automag in the title!

thanks for the help! I have been looking through the AO and found a few. I will see what i comes from them...

Thotograph
02-25-2007, 05:46 PM

used is my prefered option but still make sure you get to see good detailed photo's and if someone voluntarily points out any flaws scratches etc this is a good sign that you're gonna get what you think you are paying for (as you well know). $450-600 is typical but occasionally you can find better deals than that... there's the e-mag lowers/put together your own complete route as well, but that could end up just as if not more expensive unless you really work it. still it's an option.

i should've known the x-mag etc. is out of production, good call paint... that one will cost you a pretty penny if the seller knows what he's got... good luck there. i'd say go for a regular e-mag because they're about the same functionally and fundamentally. since this is a back-up, as you mentioned, you should be perfectly satisfied with a standard. still i'm gonna warn you, this might end up as your primary... but hey that's not a bad thing now is it?

also don't forget tunamart can do some cool milling on the battery pack and other personalizations as well (also check out luke's customs)

goodluck on your search and let us know how it goes... don't forget you can always throw a different mainbody on later if you want to switch it up a bit... mags are so modular, i love em!

Texas Ace
02-25-2007, 06:41 PM
Ok, i have been looking around and found a few that i like. One problem is that i can't tell which ones have Cocker threads and which are twist lock. How do you tell? I don't really want to have to ask everyone. And since i already have a boatload of cocker barrels it makes sense to stick to them...