PDA

View Full Version : Trigger and Sear Question

PeterZ
02-25-2007, 09:57 PM
Hey guys...

Recently I have been wanting to not have such a loose feeling trigger on my mags. I have xvalves with rt sears.

My question is, how close should the sear pin (behind the trigger) be to the trigger itself? Should I basically unscrew the pin until it just meets the back oif the trigger? I know there should be some play there but how little can there be within the tolerance of the marker.

I have left the trigger stock until this point and I just would like it tighter.

Thanks all!

LiveWire
02-25-2007, 11:04 PM
i know the play ur talking about with the trigger, i didnt like it either. you could get one of those trigger with trigger stops, or get luke to put some in for you. for the side play you could get 2 1/8" ID X 3/16" OD X .004" Thick shims and put one on either side of the trigger. I havn't been able to find any locally, but you could probably find some online. Hope that helps!

PS i don't think ur supposed to adjust the trigger rod length, the above should get rid of all the play ur talking about.

PeterZ
02-26-2007, 01:36 PM
thanks!!!

athomas
02-27-2007, 08:52 AM
You can adjust the trigger rod. Just make sure that it doesn't make full contact while at rest. Leave a tiny gap. Any gap will do, even if it is only a paper width. The gap ensures that the on-off pin opens all the way every time.

Putting shims in beside the trigger to remove side to side movement is very easy with the right size and number of shims. It will give the trigger a nice crisp feel because it ensures your pull is always in one direction only and not deflected to the side.