PDA

View Full Version : Mini-Morlocks back?

BigEvil
02-27-2007, 05:58 AM
http://www.predatorelectronics.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=2

THANK GOD!!

Lenny
02-27-2007, 06:11 AM
Dual solenoid control? Does that mean it'll work with shoeboxes? Giddy! :D

behemoth
02-27-2007, 06:25 AM
So when they say Martch 7th, 2007, they really mean March 7th, 2009 right?

BigEvil
02-27-2007, 07:07 AM
So when they say Martch 7th, 2007, they really mean March 7th, 2009 right?

LOL. Good question. Let's see.

Edit**

Oh yeah, people can probably thank Rudz for this. His rampage brought the Dmag mess to TAG's attention and I would guess that re-releasing these is a direct result.

turbo chicken
02-27-2007, 07:54 AM
OMG ... i can see my next project ... sleeper of a BLM spyder ...I need measurements :)

Even still it'd be nice to have around ... i want to build an electro after the pump mag is done.

cyrus-the-virus
02-27-2007, 10:15 AM
yay my e-pneu mag dreams can finaly be realized :D

rkjunior303
02-27-2007, 11:11 AM
Dual solenoid control? Does that mean it'll work with shoeboxes? Giddy! :D

colin from deadlywind did this already - they're mechanically capped at 9bps.

BigEvil
02-27-2007, 11:39 AM

I admittedly know nothing about the shoeboxes but there has to be a way to overcome that. New noids? I dunno?

rkjunior303
02-27-2007, 11:42 AM
I admittedly know nothing about the shoeboxes but there has to be a way to overcome that. New noids? I dunno?

why bother at that point. for the cost of the new noids, modification work to fit them, and the mini-morlock you can most likely find a 04 shocker lol

cyrus-the-virus
02-27-2007, 11:50 AM
why bother at that point. for the cost of the new noids, modification work to fit them, and the mini-morlock you can most likely find a 04 shocker lol

but then you don't get the joy of bunkering a kid with a 20lb 4,000 BPS brick :ninja:

y0da900
02-27-2007, 11:52 AM

Tinkering doesn't need a point, that's why it's tinkering. As for why bother, the typical answer is because you can.

Dewok82
02-27-2007, 12:49 PM

That must have been a direct result of the board (which I don't see how it could be).

From Ydna's site (www.zdspb.com)
"Q: What is the Shocker Sport's maximum rate of fire?
A: This is different between DS and LS boards. With DS boards, you can adjust the Shocker to fire 11.25-bps using the fastest settings, whereas the LS board can be adjusted to 13-bps using its maximums. The rate of fire will decrease, however, if your bolt speed is not set to its fastest settings (which it usually is not). "

surfbum
02-27-2007, 02:17 PM
TAG says the mini-morlocks are back...

but knowing TAG... ill believe it when they actually ship

Smoothice
02-27-2007, 03:41 PM
Oh yeah, people can probably thank Rudz for this. His rampage brought the Dmag mess to TAG's attention and I would guess that re-releasing these is a direct result.

Thanks RUDZ

txaggie08
02-27-2007, 04:03 PM
shoeboxes are mechanicaly capped at 11.75, not 9.

So when will we know a cost?

Lenny
02-27-2007, 06:24 PM
I doubt the 'noids would help anything (though you never know). I think their biggest factor with speed is simply the size of their parts and dwell control. They could've been made to be VERY fast and VERY efficient as well as relatively compact, they just never were. Why? I dunno. SP has some kind of stigma against innovation. :rolleyes:

Tinkering doesn't need a point, that's why it's tinkering. As for why bother, the typical answer is because you can.
QFT

Ydna
02-27-2007, 11:49 PM
The 2001-2002 brick Shockers are generally capped around 13-bps. (the speed varies between 10-13 depending on how fast the hopper feeds).

The limiting factor for the speed comes from (1) the horribly inefficient valve, and (2) the time it takes for the bolt to move. The solenoids and electronics can handle it just fine, but the parts take a buttload of time to vent, especially the bolt.

You can speed the gun up if you connected the bolt using QEVs, and redesigned the valve system a bit, and you'll have a faster shooting system. I'm wokring on that but it's not a priority of mine. But until then, they're still great for tinkering.

I beileve when somebody said 9-bps, they were thinking of the older pneuventures Shockers, from 95-97. Those clunkers were pretty limited (lol)

Lenny
02-27-2007, 11:57 PM
The 2001-2002 brick Shokcers are geenrally capped around 13-bps. (the speed varies between 10-13 dpeneding on how fast the hopper is)

The limiting factor for hte speed comes from (1) the horribly inefficient valve, and (2) the time it takes for the bolt to move. The solenoids and electronics can handle it just fine, but the parts take a buttload of time to vent.

You can speed the gun up if you connected the bolt using QEVs, and redesigned the valve system a bit, and you'll have a faster shooting system. But until then, they're still great for tinkering.

I beileve when somebody said 9-bps, they were referring to the older pneuventures Shokers, from 95-97. Those clunkers were pretty limited (lol)
Thanks for the info. I had a feeling you'd chime in. ;)

I'd still give a kidney for a Cyber, though.

Ydna
02-28-2007, 12:09 AM
hah, let me tell you firsthand, a cyber will put you into dept in about 5 minutes time...

cyrus-the-virus
02-28-2007, 11:07 AM
How much did the morlock boards cost the last time they were released?

Dewok82
02-28-2007, 12:41 PM
$119 + shipping from KM2. You can still see the price on their old website (www.exarin.com)

A-Tach-One
02-28-2007, 01:33 PM
$119 + shipping from KM2. You can still see the price on their old website (www.exarin.com)
Yes, the minimorlock was 119, and the Predator'd/minimorlock from Tag was a little more. I want to say around the 150 area.

Aslan
02-28-2007, 05:36 PM
Can you still get the old one?

I was planning on adding the mini-morlock to my Prodigy E-grip but never felt like blowing that kind of cash on a VL marker. I'll be a little bummed if I can't by it anymore.

Dewok82
02-28-2007, 09:19 PM
Can you still get the old one?

I was planning on adding the mini-morlock to my Prodigy E-grip but never felt like blowing that kind of cash on a VL marker. I'll be a little bummed if I can't by it anymore.

No - don't send KM2/Exarin.com any money.

You can still find them used every now and again.

rifleman wi
02-28-2007, 09:47 PM
http://www.predatorelectronics.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=2

THANK GOD!!

hmm any luck theyl' let me trade in my preorder for the emag board for this? and how do u get a hold of them? i emailed them a few times with no responce....

Aslan
02-28-2007, 11:25 PM
No - don't send KM2/Exarin.com any money.

You can still find them used every now and again.

Why not give money to KM2? Am I missing something?

Dewok82
02-28-2007, 11:46 PM
Why not give money to KM2? Am I missing something?

Because they won't reply and/or confirm your payment.
You won't recive anything and your numerous follow-up emails will go unanswered.

pennywise
03-01-2007, 12:01 AM
Able to drive ALL solenoids
Can be used for sear trippers that require a capacitor
There's your E-Mag board. Now they can stop listening to everyone gripe about it. :eek:

BigEvil
03-01-2007, 05:04 AM
There's your E-Mag board. Now they can stop listening to everyone gripe about it. :eek:

They are the only aftermarket board that will work in emags, but they arent exactly drop in.

pennywise
03-01-2007, 05:06 AM
They are the only aftermarket board that will work in emags, but they arent exactly drop in.
However, anyone with a little soldering finesse and Google can figure it out. ;)

I'm just saying not to hold your breath for the E-Mag specific board anytime soon(er) now that this little bugger is being (re)released.

BigEvil
03-01-2007, 06:05 AM
However, anyone with a little soldering finesse and Google can figure it out. ;)

I'm just saying not to hold your breath for the E-Mag specific board anytime soon(er) now that this little bugger is being (re)released.

No one is. TAG said in the now defunct Devilmag thread that he would run these so that GaDevil can get the dmags done.

rifleman wi
03-01-2007, 07:54 AM
No one is. TAG said in the now defunct Devilmag thread that he would run these so that GaDevil can get the dmags done.
hey, do u know how i can get ahold of tag other than email? i want to change my emag pre-order to a minimorlock now so i dont have to wait forever to use my gun..

BigEvil
03-01-2007, 07:56 AM
hey, do u know how i can get ahold of tag other than email? i want to change my emag pre-order to a minimorlock now so i dont have to wait forever to use my gun..

Their phone number should be on their website.

rifleman wi
03-01-2007, 08:12 AM
ok sweet, ill have to give em a call later..thanks :)

Ydna
03-01-2007, 11:31 AM
I don't think retrofitting other boards into the gun was the problem. People been doing that for millions of years with mags. but it only caters to a specific group of tinkerers, people that don't solder or just want a drop-in part need something different...

flyingpootang
03-01-2007, 12:27 PM

No need to google I wrote an install guide: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=193084

pennywise
03-02-2007, 01:46 AM
No need to google I wrote an install guide: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=193084
Nice job!

Tao
03-02-2007, 02:58 AM

shoeboxes? What?

nevtangle
03-02-2007, 09:03 PM
My HyperFrame has been waiting on one of these for a while now. Not holding my breath, but is good to hear that he's doing another run of these. Thanks Rudz!

txaggie08
03-03-2007, 05:19 AM
shoeboxes? What?

you realy dont know what he's talking about? :spit_take :eek:

LinearGoose
03-05-2007, 10:47 PM
Well today is the 5th of March and still nothing. I guess he still has 2 hours till 12:00 AM.

LinearGoose
03-05-2007, 11:28 PM
Well cant say it was a surprise. Guess its either a ape, chaos, or a tboard for me.

p8ntbal4me
03-05-2007, 11:37 PM
Well cant say it was a surprise. Guess its either a ape, chaos, or a tboard for me.

Or you could always buy one of my boards when they come out! :D

LinearGoose
03-05-2007, 11:46 PM
Or you could always buy one of my boards when they come out! :D
And when will that be...?

LinearGoose
03-06-2007, 12:28 AM
Well hopefully the end of this year I will have some more cash to put your board into use.

p8ntbal4me
03-06-2007, 02:22 AM
Yeah they wont be more than 150 but I cant confirm that now.

I think asking for more than that is too much. Its just a board.

The kits will obviously have the items prices, in a full order, cut some rather than purchasing the individual parts.

I can keep the price low if I dont offer a warrenty on anything too.

But that prooves to be a mistake now adays.

It should be an interesting summer for me as the comm. on here will slow some.

But in a year, I hope to have a final product. Videos hopefully the weekend of March 17th 2007!!!!! :clap:

Lenny
03-06-2007, 05:53 AM
shoeboxes? What?
You are joking, right? Right!? :eek:

cyrus-the-virus
03-06-2007, 10:16 AM
so it's 7:30 AM march 6th. I take it that it's a hopeless dream now?

nevtangle
03-06-2007, 12:30 PM
Whats up with Tag's site? Theres just a pic of some girl. Maybe they are updating... ;)

BigEvil
03-07-2007, 05:09 AM
I was just on TAGs web page.

What do you know,.. the REMOVED the release date of March 5th 2007 and just pasted in a bunch of features.

So much for meeting a deadline.

Surprise. They are too busy abusing Rudz.

A-Tach-One
03-07-2007, 10:12 AM
Must be why I am still waiting on my pre order Money Order refund of 2 boards. :p 1 month and counting. Was told the Post Office must have stole it the first time it was sent out. I'm so tired of all of this, just want it to be over.

p8ntbal4me
03-07-2007, 01:09 PM

Must be an inside joke, or I am way to drunk when Im on here to get this.

LinearGoose
03-07-2007, 04:06 PM
Ready this:
http://www.predatorelectronics.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=33&Itemid=2

maybe clear things up

surfbum
03-07-2007, 04:17 PM
"Every person on the preorder list was given a full refund when they asked for it."

not true, A-tach is still waiting for his, he just said so

p8ntbal4me
03-07-2007, 04:29 PM
Ready this:
http://www.predatorelectronics.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=33&Itemid=2

maybe clear things up

Hmm,...

Some of that makes sense to me some of it does not.

Only thing that I did not like (and Bob doesnt directly say it but "indirectly") is that the people whom agree with Rudz are "Idiots", since this issue covers ONLY AGD marker owners, I guess we are "Idiots".

I dunno. I think if you could wash away that post and all that is said between both parties, you come to the core arguement.

TAG dedicated themselves to making a board. Customers paid with cash and faith for delivery. The agreement was not made true, hence customers have the RIGHT to be mad at TAG.

TAG did offer the refund when asked. Which is a plus on their part. But they could have offered information about what the hold up was. I remember seeing time and time again "we are getting them in a few months, a few weeks, couple days, the harnesses are not complete yet, etc".

All the information on that post is new to me, I have never seen it before in my 2 years of waiting. I might live in a bubble or something, but thats my issue.

Its just my opinion, but I think TAG can not use this issue between Rudz as a reason for the faults which were layed on the customers of TAG. I still have my order in for my board, I still re-send my information in all the time when asked. I think its more of the "following through with your commitments" moral issues than anything. They offered, we commited, they deliver. Anything more than that, I think is letting the real issue get fogged over with who said what and what we didnt do was because of this person.

Personally I think that sounds like High School Talk.

Mind'sEye
03-07-2007, 05:54 PM
"Every person on the preorder list was given a full refund when they asked for it."

Before this turns into another TAG hate fest and gets deleted, let me clarify the situation as it stands. ;) A-Tach-One and I have been associated with each other for almost 32 years so we often do things together in paintball. On Feb. 8 Tag told us that the refunds were going out ASAP to my address. When they did not arrive by Feb. 26 I contacted them again. I was told that "somebody" at the post office is stealing their packages and that another refund would be sent out ASAP. I reconfirmed my address and once again said, "Thank you". As of today, Mar. 7, the refunds have not arrived. I don't think we are to the point of going on a rant a la Rudz or Bob. I don't like to take "business" into an open forum, but it's getting very strange. Never the less, I'm trusting that it is the mail and we are still waiting...........I will post here WHEN the refunds arrive.

BigEvil
03-07-2007, 06:02 PM
Before this turns into another TAG hate fest and gets deleted, let me clarify the situation as it stands. ;) A-Tach-One and I have been associated with each other for almost 32 years so we often do things together in paintball. On Feb. 8 Tag told us that the refunds were going out ASAP to my address. When they did not arrive by Feb. 26 I contacted them again. I was told that "somebody" at the post office is stealing their packages and that another refund would be sent out ASAP. I reconfirmed my address and once again said, "Thank you". As of today, Mar. 7, the refunds have not arrived. I don't think we are to the point of going on a rant a la Rudz or Bob. I don't like to take "business" into an open forum, but it's getting very strange. Never the less, I'm trusting that it is the mail and we are still waiting...........I will post here WHEN the refunds arrive.

So now the boogy man is stealing packages? I guess it happens.

punkncat
03-07-2007, 06:22 PM
I would love to see these boards materialize, as it would compliment my Hyper frame quite well.......but already have an Ion board I am working on converting for fun.

cyrus-the-virus
03-08-2007, 12:49 PM
anyone order one yet?

cyrus-the-virus
03-08-2007, 01:07 PM
I jsut checked,. still no way to order. :mad:

boo

EDIT:500 posts.....woot?

nevtangle
03-08-2007, 03:10 PM
I posted on their forum and was told to calll the shop and see if they have arrived. I think I already know the answer.

cyrus-the-virus
03-12-2007, 11:48 AM
I'm guessing since it's been a week since they were suposed to be released that they are not coming out :(.

Lenny
03-12-2007, 12:03 PM
EDIT:500 posts.....woot?
W00t!!

:cool:

nevtangle
03-12-2007, 01:07 PM
I'm guessing since it's been a week since they were suposed to be released that they are not coming out :(.
I found out that they have arrived, but they are waiting on some micro switches to include with the boards.

Sounds like the beast is actually back...

A-Tach-One
03-12-2007, 03:24 PM

I am happy to say, after requesting my refund on 2-08-07( was told my refund would be sent in a day or two) and again on 2-26-07(told it was re-sent) and then finally posting on AO 3-07-07 that I still hadn't got my refund, I recieved it today. It was shipped 3-09-07. Yay, it's over. 3rd time was the charm I guess.

warbeak2099
03-12-2007, 03:30 PM
I found out that they have arrived, but they are waiting on some micro switches to include with the boards.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Bob sounds like Chris now.

BigEvil
03-12-2007, 04:30 PM

Cool... Curt said he would send me the one he owed me. Hopefully it arrives around when my Air-walk frame does.

:-)

Mind'sEye
03-12-2007, 08:10 PM
My Predator Emag board refund came today. Ironically, I had a chance to play with my new toy this weekend. It's basically my old Emag uppers (X valve, Exile body, Shadow rail) on Devilmag lowers. The Predator Morlock performed beautifully and I still have a lot of respect for the product. :)

BigEvil
03-12-2007, 08:17 PM
The Predator Morlock performed beautifully and I still have a lot of respect for the product. :)

QFT.

The products were never the problem IIRC. :tard:

Oh, a little OT, but I hear you and your daughter-in-law have a special birthday gift lined up for you son? :D

A-Tach-One
03-12-2007, 08:20 PM
QFT.

The products were never the problem IIRC. :tard:

Right just that we had to kill the boogeyman to get our monies!

Oh, a little OT, but I hear you and your daughter-in-law have a special birthday gift lined up for you son? :D
lol

Mind'sEye
03-12-2007, 11:14 PM

It's difficult to shop for the man who has "EVERYTHING". I think we're leaning towards putting the money into an eXorcism. :rofl:

Rudz
03-12-2007, 11:43 PM
It's difficult to shop for the man who has "EVERYTHING". I think we're leaning towards putting the money into an eXorcism. :rofl:

lol, yeah like what cant the guy buy himself, lol

i still say we get eric drunk out of his mind and get arrested, cmon we never have fun.

rifleman wi
03-18-2007, 02:50 PM
soo. am i one of the only ones who actually has a emag board pre-ordered still?

p8ntbal4me
03-18-2007, 08:18 PM
soo. am i one of the only ones who actually has a emag board pre-ordered still?

There are 13 of us. You and I are the only ones I know of on here so far.

ProblemKinder
03-18-2007, 08:40 PM
you realy dont know what he's talking about? :spit_take :eek:

i don't either. :confused:

st6212
03-22-2007, 02:34 AM
Haven't posted in a long while, so here's my first for 07:

https://www.predatorelectronics.com/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=32&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

Rudz
03-22-2007, 02:41 AM
so we raise enough rukus and boards appeared, ok mr chris brooks, get them devilmags out...

etjoyride
03-22-2007, 05:05 PM
I hope i get the money before they're all gone...

Rudz
03-22-2007, 05:17 PM
to late, theyre already discontinued..lol jk

etjoyride
03-22-2007, 05:27 PM
^that's just cruel :eek:

Anyone want to buy me one :D

LinearGoose
03-22-2007, 10:17 PM
I had the money like 2 weeks ago. O well i got a dm3 instead.

txaggie08
04-25-2007, 08:46 PM
So have they started shipping or no?

st6212
04-26-2007, 12:49 AM
Yes, they already started shipping.

I received mine about 1-2 weeks ago and I'm in Australia.

chettacheez
04-26-2007, 06:31 AM
I've already got 2.

BigEvil
07-01-2007, 08:12 PM
Looks like they are gone off of TAG's site. Anyone know if they will be making more?