PDA

View Full Version : 100 Mexican trucking companies

lather
02-27-2007, 07:31 PM
How hypocritical.... I guess its okay to cripple our national security as long as it benefits big business.

President Cheney/bush insist that their administration is protecting us from possible terriorist attacks, so how exactly does allowing 100 Mexican trucking companies access to the entire USA help our security?

http://www.amo-union.org/Newspaper/Morgue/1-2002/Sections/News/border.htm

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=2278564&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312

paintballfiend
02-27-2007, 07:37 PM
Money makes the world go round, duh. :rolleyes:

teufelhunden
02-27-2007, 07:45 PM
How hypocritical.... I guess its okay to cripple our national security as long as it benefits big business.

President Cheney/bush insist that their administration is protecting us from possible terriorist attacks, so how exactly does allowing 100 Mexican trucking companies access to the entire USA help our security?

Canadian trucking companies have had access to the US for years.

Believe me, the trucks aren't going to help terrorists get into the country. It's already easy enough.

FARMER00
02-27-2007, 08:57 PM
Canadian trucking companies have had access to the US for years.

Believe me, the trucks aren't going to help terrorists get into the country. It's already easy enough.
my dad owns a trucking business and we have been going to the states for about 15 years and your gouvernment really screws things up with business, we were one of the first carriers to get that card thingy for easy transport across the border yet it still takes us the same time to cross, and it cost us tens of thousands of dollers to get this and it means nothing

skife
02-27-2007, 10:04 PM
Nafta

MaD_SaM
02-28-2007, 11:12 AM
The DOT estimates covering every one of the 7 million Mexican trucks would require about 32,000 inspectors

At least they will be getting a few thousand jobs out of it. Then again I don’t see how this affects you all the way out there in Hawaii. I can’t remember the last time they found terrorist surfing on the beaches of Maui.

lather
02-28-2007, 12:48 PM
At least they will be getting a few thousand jobs out of it. Then again I don’t see how this affects you all the way out there in Hawaii. I can’t remember the last time they found terrorist surfing on the beaches of Maui.

My mistake, I didnt realize any concern for issues affecting fellow Americans should be limited by geographic proximity. Is it too late to ask for my donations back from the Red Cross during Katrina and 9/11? :rolleyes:

Not to mention the fact my family and some close friends live on both coasts.

grEnAlEins
02-28-2007, 12:56 PM
I thought that this thread was gonna be a joke about how they all used one truck :spit_take But this is a serious thread :(

EDIT: On a serious note, I doubt this will help terrorists in the significant way most people think. They can probably get in already if they try hard enough. I doubt that these trucking companies are seriously going to entertain the idea of willingly smuggling terrorists in. That being said, I do not particularly agree with what is being done.

Raven001
02-28-2007, 02:21 PM

Brother, I can't see how this will affect your national security. The columbians can get cocaine into the US without using mexican transports. The near and far east can get heroin in via ports and what not. If a terrorist wants to get into the US, I'm sure they can find better ways than on a rickety mexican lorry. And besides, the threat is already here. McVeigh and Nichols were american and white. The 9/11 boys were in the US legally. No wetbacks there....

MagMan5446
02-28-2007, 02:47 PM
Oh God The Mexicans Are Ruining The World

paintballfiend
02-28-2007, 06:40 PM
Oh God The Mexicans Are Running The World
Fixed it. ;)

teufelhunden
02-28-2007, 08:55 PM
my dad owns a trucking business and we have been going to the states for about 15 years and your gouvernment really screws things up with business, we were one of the first carriers to get that card thingy for easy transport across the border yet it still takes us the same time to cross, and it cost us tens of thousands of dollers to get this and it means nothing

don't care. it should be tough to get into my country given how many psychopaths from abroad want to do me and my family hard. There's a "card thingy" that's supposed to make it easy to get in? Good, I hope it doesn't work.

lather
03-01-2007, 03:38 AM
Brother, I can't see how this will affect your national security. The columbians can get cocaine into the US without using mexican transports. The near and far east can get heroin in via ports and what not. If a terrorist wants to get into the US, I'm sure they can find better ways than on a rickety mexican lorry. And besides, the threat is already here. McVeigh and Nichols were american and white. The 9/11 boys were in the US legally. No wetbacks there....

I dont quite get your logic of, "Well its easy enough for terrorists to enter the US, whats wrong with giving them yet another easy way in?"

Mexico is not a very stable country, the influx of illegals seems to bear this out. I would think a terrorist cell would be able to move around a lot more freely in Mexico in prepartion for an attack on the US than say in Canada for example.

Recon by Fire
03-01-2007, 05:23 PM
My only question is: Who will pay the damages when an unlicensed, non-inspected, and uninsured, and untrained Mexican trucker runs over your family members in an auto accident?

:argh:

paintballfiend
03-02-2007, 12:10 AM
OH NOEZ!! THEM MEXICANS CAN'T DRIVE!!!

:rolleyes:

paintballfiend
03-02-2007, 12:14 AM
My only question is: Who will pay the damages when an unlicensed, non-inspected, and uninsured, and untrained Mexican trucker runs over your family members in an auto accident?

:argh:
Don't forget drunk. :p

Recon by Fire
03-02-2007, 01:59 PM
OH NOEZ!! THEM MEXICANS CAN'T DRIVE!!!

:rolleyes:

Yes, obviously they cannot drive...because they are are Mexican! :eek: No, being MEXICAN has nothing to do with it. You can sue an American company who has an untrained driver. It gets quite a bit more difficult when you have the same circumstance with a Mexican company with an untrained driver in the US.

Try taking the racist glasses off and broaden your view.

paintballfiend
03-02-2007, 02:50 PM
All I know is I've been Mexican all my life and I still suck at driving. :rofl:

Raven001
03-06-2007, 09:04 AM
I dont quite get your logic of, "Well its easy enough for terrorists to enter the US, whats wrong with giving them yet another easy way in?"

Mexico is not a very stable country, the influx of illegals seems to bear this out. I would think a terrorist cell would be able to move around a lot more freely in Mexico in prepartion for an attack on the US than say in Canada for example.

I don't see your opinion being voiced because you’re overly concerned with some nasty freedom-hating terrorist coming via Mexico on a truck to do you ungodly harm. If that were the case you would try to address how easy it is to get contraband into the US and how easy it is for nasty people to get into the land of the brave legally. I would also expect to see something addressing the home-grown threat to liberty etc.

You focus is on trucking companies, which makes me, suspect that your motives are related to loss of work for American truckers and the perceived threat to the American trucking industry.

As for all those illegals, they wouldn't be here if someone wasn't looking for a cheap gardener, construction worker, domestic worker etc.

Rooster
03-10-2007, 09:15 PM
If your job can be done by a Mexican, it should be done by a Mexican.