PDA

View Full Version : How long do Xvalves Last?

RavishingEddie
02-28-2007, 11:24 AM
I was just curious as to how long or MTBF for an Xvalve. I have heard people say they had their Xvalves rebuilt, but do they have to be? If they do wear out what is it that goes? It is just that I see AGD valves like car motors they pretty much rock!

cyrus-the-virus
02-28-2007, 11:27 AM
I was just curious as to how long or MTBF for an Xvalve. I have heard people say they had their Xvalves rebuilt, but do they have to be? If they do wear out what is it that goes? It is just that I see AGD valves like car motors they pretty much rock!

10-20 years and a fire.

My valve has survived a fire and still works.

mclaggan123
02-28-2007, 12:20 PM
when they say its rebuilt that means they changed all the seals and orings mostly.

MANN
02-28-2007, 12:22 PM
10-20 years and a fire.

How did the rest of your emag/other paintball gear do?

cyrus-the-virus
02-28-2007, 12:31 PM
How did the rest of your emag/other paintball gear do?

My clothing stuff is gone.
The e-mag lowers have heat and water damage
My tank survived but I'm going to get it hydroed, and get a rebuild to be safe.
My tank cover is melted.
The valve works (so far) but it smells horrable every time I shoot.

That's about all I've found so far. Still missing a lot of parts, I woulda kept looking but because of the insation, soot and smoke smell I had an ashema attack... joy

I'm never going to be able to watch the super bowl again....

punkncat
02-28-2007, 01:24 PM
My clothing stuff is gone.
The e-mag lowers have heat and water damage
My tank survived but I'm going to get it hydroed, and get a rebuild to be safe.
My tank cover is melted.
The valve works (so far) but it smells horrable every time I shoot.

That's about all I've found so far. Still missing a lot of parts, I woulda kept looking but because of the insation, soot and smoke smell I had an ashema attack... joy

I'm never going to be able to watch the super bowl again....

If insurance is going to cover, I wouldn't worry with any of it, unless its rare/irreplacable.

Chronobreak
02-28-2007, 02:15 PM
..well the valve may last forever...

a rebuilt every year or 2-3(compelte rebuild) is probly common, with a little ULT or lvlX in btwn and the ocasional bumper replacement and normal wear parts..

Cow hunter
02-28-2007, 03:12 PM

I would imagine it would last forever. Its made of aluminum, and its anodized. The only thing that might need to be done is change O-rings and rubber parts.

Pneumagger
02-28-2007, 04:10 PM
Classic Valves ... forever
X - Valves ... One week less than forever.

Ace12GA
02-28-2007, 05:47 PM
Classic Valves ... forever
X - Valves ... One week less than forever.

:)

Dewok82
02-28-2007, 09:25 PM
Besides normal wear parts, like o-rings, I wouldn't worry about wearing out an X-valve. Even the o-rings, if purchased from AGD, will last a very long time (they use the good stuff).
The part that needs replaced most often (in my experience) is the bumper. I have found that if you superglue the bumper to the valve it lasts much longer.

Most of the very few "ruined" X-valves are a direct result of the user over-tightening the field strip screw and stripping out the threads in the valve. It may be possible to be heli-coiled, but I have yet to hear about anyone doing that.

SR_matt
02-28-2007, 09:30 PM
^^ you woundnt want to waste time or risk of more damage with a heli coil, better to go with a nutsert/threadsert, would hold much better
-matt

p8ntbal4me
02-28-2007, 09:39 PM
I'll put it in terms of the life of other guns.

AGD doesnt put crap or shovel ware out of into the paintball industry like some other companies do (no name droppig needed,.. its all opnion on what you shoot and what you dont)

AGD like only a few other comapnies are still here today and will continue to give us, the players, a quality product that works beyond the value of what you will pay for it in the life of the part.

Take care of it, lube it, clean it, replace parts when needed,... the thing will last forever " - " a week as stated by Pneumagger :)

No other gun/part company carries support from its factory and player base like AGD.

You can take any of that to test,... but I think you will find Im going to be right.

Look at this forum and look at some other ones. In here, player will provide you with support reguardless of your options on gun, age, years of playing experience, etc. We try to help you anyway we can.

I dont know many other places for guns and parts you can go where so much advice and support is offered. :cheers:

Tao
02-28-2007, 09:48 PM
10-20 years and a fire.

I assume it was an orriginal valve...an alluminium x valve will probably be finished in a fire, but that is about the only downside to it over an older valve :rofl:
I am not surprised that an automag valve would survive a fire, I bet all you needed was a parts kit since the orings were gone :rolleyes:

To answer the main question the valves should last forever if well oiled.

cyrus-the-virus
03-01-2007, 11:51 AM
I assume it was an orriginal valve...an alluminium x valve will probably be finished in a fire, but that is about the only downside to it over an older valve :rofl:
I am not surprised that an automag valve would survive a fire, I bet all you needed was a parts kit since the orings were gone :rolleyes:

To answer the main question the valves should last forever if well oiled.

Actually it was an E-Maxx valve (think X-valve only with diffrent lazer engraving). It was near the fire. I don't know if it was actually in the fire or not but it was black when I found it.

punkncat- I'm hoping the insurence will cover it. I will be very, very, very sad if they decide not too.

RavishingEddie
03-01-2007, 12:09 PM
Well guys, from your responses I have concluded that these valves last a long time.

Thanna
03-01-2007, 05:37 PM
Doesn't Aluminum have a very high melting point? Maybe I'm remembering it wrong. It's been a while since my last science class :p

SR_matt
03-01-2007, 06:09 PM
its lowerr than steel, 1220.666F for AL, its a rather low temp. steel wont melt till 2500ish

-matt

snoopay700
03-01-2007, 06:41 PM
10-20 years and a fire.

If it's an emaxx valve then that's probably more like ten, since the emag didn't coe out until after the rt, i think it was either 97 or 98, i can't remember.

personman
03-01-2007, 07:20 PM
If it's an emaxx valve then that's probably more like ten, since the emag didn't coe out until after the rt, i think it was either 97 or 98, i can't remember.
Xvalves did not come out until about 2002-2003ish. Therefore we dont really know.
Mine has lasted me a good 5 years without a SINGLE problem :) They should last just about as long as a stainless steel mag, and there are mags around from the 80s that still work great.

cyrus-the-virus
03-01-2007, 09:49 PM
mag's didn't hit the scene until the 90's. (91 if I remeber right)

I'm willing to bet, 20 years from now my mag will still be working right.

fire1811
03-02-2007, 01:33 AM
It will last don't worry.

I had a Classic RT in my closet for over 6 years. Never used or oiled it. I aired it up, it shot but had a few leaks. Changed 3 orings and it worked perfect.

There tanks don't worry.