PDA

View Full Version : RT Z-Grip Trigger Pin Removal

Daniel Morse
01-03-2002, 10:21 AM
How do you remove the trigger pin from an RT Z-Grip? I am replacing the silver trigger in a Z-Grip with a black trigger but I do not know how to take out the trigger pin in order to remove the trigger? What tools do you recommend using in order not to scratch the Z-Grip? If you describe pushing the pin through using right or left directions please specify from the viewpoint of holding the gun in firing position so I know which way to look at the gun to determine which right or left you are talking about. One other thing, do I have to remove the safety assembly? Thank you very much. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :(

TheBigRaguPB4L
01-03-2002, 10:33 AM
what's up guy. you guys ever figure out what was up with your brother's gun? anyways. i've never taken out the trigger on the zgrip, but i would assume it's the same. i looked at it and it really didn't look any different. i usually use a small headed phillips head screw driver and a hammer. i'm sure you can tell if the screwdriver is small enough for the hole. just make sure it fits and bang away. all you have to do is be careful and not move the screwdriver around while you're banging so you don't scratch anything. and as to which side, i don't think it matters. the one time i changed triggers, i had the barrel facing left as i looked down on it. then banged it out. hope it works, don't screw it up, hahahhahaha.

Daniel Morse
01-03-2002, 11:17 AM
His barrel was getting stuck because of the retaining pin. It was screwed too far in and there was dirt affecting the retaining pin spring. It's fixed now. Now I want to put in a new trigger on his gun but I was looking for a cleaner approach to removing the pin instead of that mad scientist $#%@. Anyways you going to Coram this Sat. or are you still playing woodsball? I'll be there with Jason.

Anybody have more sane approaches to switching triggers in Z-Grips?:p :p :p :p :eek:

TheBigRaguPB4L
01-03-2002, 11:22 AM
cut the trigger then supper glue another one back on? hahahahahhaha. ummmmmmmmm, i really don't see any other way to get it out. make sure you use a little oil too so that it comes out easier. saturday i'm working but sunday is when i'm playing. wether it's going to be at the field or else where is still the question. i still have to make a few phone calls to find out. if you're going saturday, i might stop by for a little while. depending on when i get out of work the night before. i don't know yet. i'll let you know tomorrow.

Daniel Morse
01-03-2002, 07:02 PM
bumpedy
bump
bump
:o :p :mad: :rolleyes: :confused: :eek: :cool:

Army
01-03-2002, 11:01 PM
Daniel, using a drift punch the same diameter as the trigger pin, drive the pin out with blows from a smallish hammer. If you do not have a punch set, grind off the point of a nail, just be sure it is the same dia,eter or a tiny bit smaller than the pin.

You must drive the pin from RIGHT to LEFT. Right side is on the right when you are holding it normally.

When the pin comes out, you will see the knurl on one end, that is why you must drive it right to left. If you try to pound it out left to right you will ruin the hole in the frame. Of course, to put it back in you go left to right.

Take your time and re-set your punch after every hit, this will help prevent it slipping off and scratching the frame.

Good luck.