PDA

View Full Version : Paintball Financing

G Squat
02-28-2007, 02:49 PM
Can't afford the gun you want? Soon TCPaintball.com will be offering financing on all markers. Its prettymuch impossible not to be approved. As an example of payments; a new rail will cost you $14.00 a month. :wow: Sure the financing company raises the interest and you'll pay more overall, but at 14 bucks a month who cares? Expect financing to be availible some time this month. I dont know about you, but Rogue's Platinum package will be mine. :dance:

RabidFuzzle
02-28-2007, 03:09 PM
If true, this is bad........ Very bad.....

Fuzz:bounce:

G Squat
02-28-2007, 04:18 PM
It is true, but why is it bad? Bacause there'll be noobs shooting Egos? If that is the case it shouldn't matter. A noob with a thousand dollar gun isnt any better than a noob with a 98. But a noob with a thousand dollar gun is more fun to shoot.

-B-
02-28-2007, 04:48 PM
Its bad cause people like me will say "Hey 14 a month isn't bad I can afford that" about 35 times.

PumpPlayer
02-28-2007, 04:52 PM
It's called a consumer loan. You can get it right now from any bank and probably at a better rate.

And considering that most paintball retailers accept credit cards anyhow, why should they need to offer in-house 3rd party financing? This is just a sales gimmick.

That said, debt spending FTW! :headbang:

PumpPlayer
02-28-2007, 04:52 PM
What's with the triple posting action?

PumpPlayer
02-28-2007, 04:53 PM
Maybe my internets thinks my post count is too low... :rolleyes:

Lohman446
02-28-2007, 08:00 PM
Wohooo, flood the market with cheap repo markers for me?

sixtoes1313
02-28-2007, 08:21 PM
I can deffinently see this going downhill. Just becuase theyre be newbs trashing markers and a lot of payment/debt problems. If you cant afford the marker straight out then dont buy it. Same way with almost everything i think, accept like a car or house. Always easier that way.

Pneumagger
02-28-2007, 08:32 PM
I think it's great... but I see one huge problem:

How many people with any sort of high end gun do you know that keep a gun for an average of 2+ months? Sure there are a few people. Now I ask, how many of these people are kids and how many can't afford them?

We're going to end up with kids trying to sell used 6 month old markers for almost MAP pricing :ninja:
Helluva way to keep people in paintball and spending money. Either keep playing paintball, or lose a 1000+ investment.

Dewok82
02-28-2007, 09:12 PM
What are you gonna do when an underage kid defaults on his payments?

There aren't many collection actions possible when it comes to those under the age of 18.

Are you going to make their parents co-sign for the financing? Good luck with that.

Village_idiot
02-28-2007, 09:23 PM
What are you gonna do when an underage kid defaults on his payments?

in most states you have to be 18 to enter into any sort of leaglly binding contract. If the lender is willing to let an -18yo walk away with their money, I dont think they can really even expect for it to come back. They'll be certain an legal adult is signing the contract. I know parents who would sign the contract with the expectation that the kid will be the one paying. Heck, judging from the number of people i see walking in and out of the local Rent-A-Center on the 1st and 15th of every month, i expect a lot of adults getting in on this sort of thing too.

trevorjk
03-01-2007, 03:15 AM
if i buy a used gun on Ebay that has a Lein on it, what do i do? do i have to take over payments on top of buying said gun?

pennywise
03-01-2007, 05:05 AM
Wohooo, flood the market with cheap repo markers for me?
That about nails it.

Desega
03-01-2007, 11:55 AM
I still stick to the rule of pay for the whole gun when you buy it.

cyrus-the-virus
03-01-2007, 12:01 PM
A credit card company sent me an offer for a credit card when I was 12, why not give other kids loans :tard:

The world is full of responsable young adults who will go out of their way to make their payment. :rolleyes:

AlphaPaintballRef2
03-01-2007, 01:56 PM
Great...yet another way to perpetuate the epidemic of Americans spending more than they earn.
I like Lohman's outlook on it though. Cheap markers never hurt anyone. On the flip side though...would you really want a repo gun owned by some teenager who couldn't pay $14 a month :tard:. Who knows what could be wrong with it