PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on the CCM Series 6?

MMaglpc
02-28-2007, 11:31 PM
I am looking into getting one, but I have never shot a cocker of any kind. I already have a phantom, but that gun is just so good looking I want to buy it. Anyone here on AO know what I should expect in regard to pump stroke, efficiency, stock barrel bore size, weight, maintenance, and lastly the upgrades to make it stock class? Thanks a lot!

Davinci
03-01-2007, 12:07 AM
I am looking into getting one, but I have never shot a cocker of any kind. I already have a phantom, but that gun is just so good looking I want to buy it. Anyone here on AO know what I should expect in regard to pump stroke, efficiency, stock barrel bore size, weight, maintenance, and lastly the upgrades to make it stock class? Thanks a lot!

Pump stroke...Second to none, extremely smooth and light.

Efficiency..Out of the box, not great, they tuned for the pump stroke, not efficiency. I got 200ish out of a 22ci on average, after some tuning I am approaching the 400 mark.

Stock barrel is a 2 piece (1 sizer back , usually .690, and a front) Aluminum

Weight (mind you mine has a AKA Sidewinder on it, which is heavier than the CCM reg by an ounce or two)
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-2/653550/Series6a.JPG

Maint...Keep your barrel and bolt clean, a drop of oil in the vert ASA every case or so. Clean and lube your reg if your consistency starts to suffer.

SC Upgrades...currently not available, the feed neck threads are proprietary and no one has made a SC feed that will fit them......Yet!

MMaglpc
03-01-2007, 12:13 AM
I think I am sold! Once I can scrape together funds! I had the money but a deer hit my car and deer don't have insurance so there went my S6 money! I will be using a 45/45 on it so I think efficiency should be ok with a CP reg.

3DSteve
03-01-2007, 12:38 AM
they are very nice guns...
CCM's ss-25 (the precursor to the s6) had a convertable feed system, but they're a good deal heavier.

trevorjk
03-01-2007, 03:10 AM
they take for ever to ship! jerks :(

(going on 1 month)

SpecialBlend2786
03-01-2007, 03:23 AM

(going on 1 month)

K that's weird, everything I've bought has gotten to me quick :(

trevorjk
03-01-2007, 03:27 AM
ive been told they are backordered.... err at least thats what they are telling the boss down at the pbstore

latches109
03-01-2007, 04:36 AM
ive been told they are backordered.... err at least thats what they are telling the boss down at the pbstore

super smooth, super comfy and pricey. I know timebomb on pbn has one.

neppo1345
03-01-2007, 03:46 PM
Lets just put it this way.

If it had a hole big enough....

cyrus-the-virus
03-01-2007, 04:17 PM

I would deffinetly shoot .70 paintballs.

behemoth
03-01-2007, 04:29 PM

Tim, the detent hole should be big enough for you.

SpecialBlend2786
03-01-2007, 08:45 PM
Tim, the detent hole should be big enough for you.

....ouch

don miguel
03-01-2007, 08:56 PM
CCM is great for everyhting, the series 6 is BEAUTIFUL. thier customer service is great too, if you ever have problems, aks for Rod the tech, and you will get some of the best over-the-phone tech-ing :D ever.

bentothejam1n
03-01-2007, 10:16 PM
im surprised don hasnt posted pictures of him and his series 6 having teh buttsecks....

hvacman250
03-01-2007, 10:23 PM

(going on 1 month)
I ordered one on Tuesday, they had ZERO assembled. They built me one, shipped it today (Thursday), it will be here tomorrow.

Your shop has no pull :D

hs2000
03-01-2007, 10:45 PM
im surprised don hasnt posted pictures of him and his series 6 having teh buttsecks....

^don has an SS-25, not a S6

Love mine by the way. Super light, especially with my 13 cu.

aqua_scummm
03-01-2007, 11:29 PM
It's overpriced for a sniper.

Damn nice sniper, sure, but overpriced

hs2000
03-01-2007, 11:31 PM
^Your dead wrong there. It's worthy EVERY penny. It's the best open class pump ever made. I'd kill a man before I gave mine up.

I find people who say CCM's markers are overpriced have either never shot one, or can't afford one.

aqua_scummm
03-01-2007, 11:55 PM
Shot a SS-25, have plenty of money. Honestly, for $600, I'd either go brass, carter, or a Kapp flame or something if I really wanted a sniper. (With a CCM kit of course, no doubt they are the best).

You're paying a lot for the name, and you don't even get the nicest millings or annos. Once again, damn nice, but not the best bang for the buck

cyrus-the-virus
03-02-2007, 12:09 AM
^Your dead wrong there. It's worthy EVERY penny. It's the best open class pump ever made. I'd kill a man before I gave mine up.

You can't really tell people what is and isen't the BEST marker is. I personaly don't like the frame on CCM pumps. a 45 frame would be awsome but as it is I'm not a huge fan.

PErsonaly I'd rather take that $600 and build a nice halfblocked sniper. but that's me.

hs2000
03-02-2007, 10:02 AM
^Yes, yes I can. I've built many snipers. And if you want to come even close the the light weight, good looks, smoothness, and include an autotrigger your going to spend over $500 (the price for a dust S6).

Plus your supporting the one signifacant company who is making new and inovative pump products (Have you seen their new "economy" pump kit?).

going_home
03-02-2007, 10:51 AM
Pump stroke...Second to none, extremely smooth and light.

Efficiency..Out of the box, not great, they tuned for the pump stroke, not efficiency. I got 200ish out of a 22ci on average, after some tuning I am approaching the 400 mark.

Stock barrel is a 2 piece (1 sizer back , usually .690, and a front) Aluminum

Weight (mind you mine has a AKA Sidewinder on it, which is heavier than the CCM reg by an ounce or two)

Maint...Keep your barrel and bolt clean, a drop of oil in the vert ASA every case or so. Clean and lube your reg if your consistency starts to suffer.

SC Upgrades...currently not available, the feed neck threads are proprietary and no one has made a SC feed that will fit them......Yet!

I traded an 05 Speed for one.
Its nice. About the same as my SS25 though, to me.
Hey what about this hitman mod I've been reading about ?
Someone said CCM is working on a replacement plate for the back of the pump
handle that will have the "hitman" 2 finger lever on it.
Davinci is this true ? What are your thoughts on this mod ?

Theres a sniper with a CCM autotrigger kit with the hitman mod on Ebay :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=004&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=140090754587&rd=1&rd=1

I already have two or I'd....... :tard:

Theres also one with a factory PMP hitman mod on there also:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=017&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=270094048636&rd=1&rd=1

I looked at their website and it has the pump kit on the home page, looks pretty cool.

http://www.pmpind.com

I was hoping CCM would come out with a replacement hitman mod plate for
the SS25 and series 6. Looks pretty useful and cool to me.
What are your thoughts guys ? Anyone shot one of these ?

EDIT: Just called Melissa at CCM. They are working on this mod now.
There are issues with the rod binding up or it would already be out on the market.
Should be selling in 4 weeks or so.

slasherdan
03-02-2007, 12:26 PM
CCM makes in MHO the smoothest pump.

The barrel kit is awesome.

I haven't shot a Series 6 but I love my SS-25.

The stock reg might need to be rebuilt but other than that ... the marker is nice.

I'm surprised that they didn't make the Series 6 SC convertable ... Really odd ...

aqua_scummm
03-02-2007, 01:15 PM
^Yes, yes I can. I've built many snipers. And if you want to come even close the the light weight, good looks, smoothness, and include an autotrigger your going to spend over $500 (the price for a dust S6).

Plus your supporting the one signifacant company who is making new and inovative pump products (Have you seen their new "economy" pump kit?).
He asked for an opinion. I gave mine. By definition an opinion cannot be wrong.

And I can build a very similar sniper for less than $500. The CCM gripframe is what kills it price wise.

cyrus-the-virus
03-02-2007, 01:19 PM
[QUOTE=hs2000]^Yes, yes I can.QUOTE]

NO, no you can't. Every body has diffrent opinions on markers. Some people prefer nelson style pumps or snipers. I don't like CCM pumps for 2 reasons.

1: The trigger frame
2: The backblock

Now if CCM made a halfblocked pump with a 45* frame, I'd be interested. But as it is I don't like it. I'd rather go out an build one myself. It would be cheaper too because I don't need an auto trigger.

hs2000
03-02-2007, 09:21 PM
...I don't like CCM pumps for 2 reasons.
1: The trigger frame
2: The backblock
Now if CCM made a halfblocked pump with a 45* frame, I'd be interested. But as it is I don't like it. I'd rather go out an build one myself. It would be cheaper too because I don't need an auto trigger.

If the S6's really nice trigger frame, and it having a back block, are your biggest complaints then that proves my point.

But let's end this, I can see I rubbed you guys the wrong way. I didn't mean to insult your sniper building skills, I'm sure you can build a sniper that's almost as good as an S6.

aqua_scummm
03-02-2007, 10:29 PM
If the S6's really nice trigger frame, and it having a back block, are your biggest complaints then that proves my point.

But let's end this, I can see I rubbed you guys the wrong way. I didn't mean to insult your sniper building skills, I'm sure you can build a sniper that's almost as good as an S6.
Your first sentence doesn't make too much sense... "if the S6's really nice trigger frame..." he's saying it isn't very nice, to him "and back block are you biggest complaints then that proves my point" How does that prove anything? We're dealing with opinion here, again, and once again, you are trying to turn it into fact. So cyrus prefers snipers without a full back block or an unusual trigger frame, thus it proves that for him the S6 is not worth it, if anything.

As for the second part:
I refuse to accept an apoiogy that seems to just try to end an argument with you getting the last, still negative, comment in. If you're going to argue us, don't try to pull a fast one on me.

I can build a sniper better than a S6 for the price, and it's not a matter of skills (screwing parts together is hardly a skill) it's a matter of knowing what you want and buying it, that's it. Like I said, the OP asked for opinions, you cannot claim someone else's opinion is wrong, it logically does not work. The only reason mine is better is because it matches me.

There is no better sniper than the S6. There is no worse. There is just preference. The OP asked about opinions, we expressed ours, stop trying to turn opinion into us looking like we are stating facts. If the S6 is the ideal Sniper for you, GREAT! Go for it! Grab 5! But don't tell us we are wrong for stating that there are better ones for us.

hs2000
03-02-2007, 10:49 PM
stop throwing a fit about it, I get it, your opinion, ect. I wasn't trying to "pull a fast one" on you.

and on a side note, I was saying that the S6 comes with a really nice trigger frame, I know he was complaining about but it's not something to complain about. Neither is a backblock.

I'll lighten up this thread with another pic,
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/9518/photo76xi6.th.jpg (http://img114.imageshack.us/my.php?image=photo76xi6.jpg)
That's mine, with a 13 cu and a winchester hopper. Even with tank and hopper it's as light as my VSC Phantom.

aqua_scummm
03-02-2007, 11:11 PM
It's something to complain about if you don't like them...

PsychoBaller
03-03-2007, 12:30 AM
I don't care much for the Front Foregrip ASA part... but otherwise a great looking Sniper.

I actually just ordered a S6 Grip Frame for a soon to be arriving MicroSniper... gonna look gooooood :D

-baller

cyrus-the-virus
03-03-2007, 01:54 PM
stop throwing a fit about it, I get it, your opinion, ect. I wasn't trying to "pull a fast one" on you.

and on a side note, I was saying that the S6 comes with a really nice trigger frame, I know he was complaining about but it's not something to complain about. Neither is a backblock.

I'll lighten up this thread with another pic,
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/9518/photo76xi6.th.jpg (http://img114.imageshack.us/my.php?image=photo76xi6.jpg)
That's mine, with a 13 cu and a winchester hopper. Even with tank and hopper it's as light as my VSC Phantom.

If you phantom it's TRUE VSC, I really dout that the S6 is lighter.

I don't like them, so too ME(you know me as in myself, and not you)it's somthing to complain about. Just because you like it deosen't mean it's not something to complain about. If you don't like somthing I'm sure you complain about it.

I only like vertical frames on electronic markers because itt put's my hand in a really confertable postion to walk the trigger. However the CCM frame makes it really unconfertable to shoot(for me).

And I just don't like back blocks. I think they are ugly. sue me.

hvacman250
03-03-2007, 03:46 PM
If you phantom it's TRUE VSC, I really dout that the S6 is lighter.

I don't like them, so too ME(you know me as in myself, and not you)it's somthing to complain about. Just because you like it deosen't mean it's not something to complain about. If you don't like somthing I'm sure you complain about it.

I only like vertical frames on electronic markers because itt put's my hand in a really confertable postion to walk the trigger. However the CCM frame makes it really unconfertable to shoot(for me).

And I just don't like back blocks. I think they are ugly. sue me.
I have owned a true VSC Phantom, and now a Series 6. They are too close i weight to tell. The S6 is incredibly light, and thin.

It's different strokes for different folks, I guess, so I won't get in this argument about opinion, back blocks and frames.

I will say , however, you CANNOT build a Sniper as light and thin as an S6. Can you make one shoot as good? Absolutely. But without EXTENSIVE milling, a custom built sniper cannot compare to an S6.

peewee
03-03-2007, 04:34 PM

(going on 1 month)
You better call & speak with Melissa. Unless yours is a special anno or setup they usually only take two weeks.

peewee
03-03-2007, 04:38 PM
I traded an 05 Speed for one.
Its nice. About the same as my SS25 though, to me.
Hey what about this hitman mod I've been reading about ?
Someone said CCM is working on a replacement plate for the back of the pump
handle that will have the "hitman" 2 finger lever on it.
Davinci is this true ? What are your thoughts on this mod ?

Theres a sniper with a CCM autotrigger kit with the hitman mod on Ebay :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=004&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=140090754587&rd=1&rd=1

I already have two or I'd....... :tard:

Theres also one with a factory PMP hitman mod on there also:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=017&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=270094048636&rd=1&rd=1

I looked at their website and it has the pump kit on the home page, looks pretty cool.

http://www.pmpind.com

I was hoping CCM would come out with a replacement hitman mod plate for
the SS25 and series 6. Looks pretty useful and cool to me.
What are your thoughts guys ? Anyone shot one of these ?

EDIT: Just called Melissa at CCM. They are working on this mod now.
There are issues with the rod binding up or it would already be out on the market.
Should be selling in 4 weeks or so.
The hit man mod is very nice. Paul the owner of PMP was at our Epog event this last month & he was using it on his marker. very smooth & fast. PMP is another great bunch of guys that have very good customer service.

Davinci
03-04-2007, 04:55 PM
Without 12 gram or paint
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-2/653550/PinkVSC.JPG
Without 22ci tank or Winchester hopper

Shane-O-Mac
03-04-2007, 06:48 PM
I will say , however, you CANNOT build a Sniper as light and thin as an S6. Can you make one shoot as good? Absolutely. But without EXTENSIVE milling, a custom built sniper cannot compare to an S6.

Buy a BPS Full mill Twister, put your choice of pumpkit on it, and its as light, maybe lighter than an S6. For the same price as an S6, you CAN build as light and thin of sniper. if I had $600 sitting around I would build one to show you it CAN be done, easily.

The S6 is a nice gun, the change from the S5 style body to the newer style is much better. The integrated pumpkit is also a nice feature. The bad thing about them IMHO, is the laser engraving is a bit too much, a small logo is all that is needed.

Shane-O

Davinci
03-04-2007, 06:54 PM
Agreed, light Snipers are relatively easy to build. ;)
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-2/653550/05BlackMagicSniper.JPG

But it is nice for people who can't build them, to be able to buy one "off the shelf" that they can just gas up an go.

For me half the fun of a Sniper is the building/tuning/tweaking part. :D

hs2000
03-04-2007, 07:05 PM
...if I had $600 sitting around...

Dust S6 is only $500.

hvacman250
03-04-2007, 07:12 PM
Buy a BPS Full mill Twister, put your choice of pumpkit on it, and its as light, maybe lighter than an S6. For the same price as an S6, you CAN build as light and thin of sniper. if I had $600 sitting around I would build one to show you it CAN be done, easily.

The S6 is a nice gun, the change from the S5 style body to the newer style is much better. The integrated pumpkit is also a nice feature. The bad thing about them IMHO, is the laser engraving is a bit too much, a small logo is all that is needed.

Shane-O

How much would a BPS Full mill Twister cost? I've never heard of that one.

I'm building my 3rd Sniper as we speak, so I'm not anti-building. Its fun.

But as someone stated, picking up a super light, very comfortable Sniper, with the CCM quality is worth it.

I only paid $470 for mine, not $600. You can pull it out of the box and shoot it...literally. The reg and IVG is preset from CCM. My first 3 shots out of the box was 287, 292, 289, with an large bore barrel shooting good paint.

I respect everybody's opinion, but not everybody has the knowledge or time piecing together a Sniper. In that circumstance, you can't beat a S6.

going_home
03-04-2007, 10:36 PM
Just looking at the CCM site and noticed a new marker addition.
Series 5 right feed pump with auto trigger.

http://www.chipleymachine.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CM&Product_Code=CRFM&Category_Code=PMW

The price is not bad too.
Lets see, I have an SS25, I have a Series 6....
Does this mean I have to by a right feed too ?
:confused:

going_home
03-04-2007, 10:40 PM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-2/653550/05BlackMagicSniper.JPG

Why do you have Sidewinders on all your cocker pumps ?
Is the stock CCM reg sub-standard ?

aqua_scummm
03-04-2007, 10:56 PM
CCM regs are not substandard, but AKA and Palmers are better.

And agreed about most of the fun being tuning your own marker to your own preferance

slasherdan
03-05-2007, 12:19 PM
Without 12 gram or paint
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-2/653550/PinkVSC.JPG
Without 22ci tank or Winchester hopper

Okay this doesn't really proove anything except the Phantom when fully loaded it going to be lighter than the Chipley.

Also ... If you're going to compair the weights you also need to include the chipley barrel ... or take the Phantom's off ....

12 gram and 10 rounds of paint is next to nothing compaired to the wieght gain of a 22ci tank and a hopper of paint ... no matter how small ....

Don't get me wrong ... LOVE Chipley's ... Have one myself with my Phantom ...

Davinci
03-05-2007, 11:10 PM
Okay this doesn't really proove anything except the Phantom when fully loaded it going to be lighter than the Chipley.

Also ... If you're going to compair the weights you also need to include the chipley barrel ... or take the Phantom's off ....

12 gram and 10 rounds of paint is next to nothing compaired to the wieght gain of a 22ci tank and a hopper of paint ... no matter how small ....

Don't get me wrong ... LOVE Chipley's ... Have one myself with my Phantom ...

Thanks Dan, I would have NEVER thought of that. :(

I put them up for a quick reference, sorry if I didn't get it perfect for you. :cry:

I'm not Pro or Con to either marker, they both have their inherit advantages for whichever style you prefer to use them.

This whole thread turned into apples vs. oranges. Seems to be the running habit on the AO forums. I'm suddenly remembering why I don't spend much time here. :(

cyrus-the-virus
03-05-2007, 11:13 PM
because we like to rip biased opinions apart here :D

we also eat baby's, puppy's, and kittens.

Josh2Xtremes
03-06-2007, 12:21 AM
I've got 5 or 6 CCMs going back to when Jason Chipley was still around and I do believe that their work is outstanding. The 6 is remarkable. Smooth pump stroke (you can rock the gun back and forth and cock it) and the utmost in consistency and accuracy. Very light too. I finally got the chance to play a few weeks ago with my new Series 6 and I believe if people shot at me slow enough I could shoot their paint out of the air. ;) (don't flame me it's a freakin' joke) Ridiculous accuracy. Everyone else there was playing with semiautos and by the end of the day they all wanted pumps.

Phantoms are great, CCM makes an excellent, world-class pump also, you can't go wrong either way. They're all a great bunch of people keeping craftsmanship alive in paintball.

Just my two cents for what it's worth. Probably about two cents.
Josh
PGi / CFOA