PDA

View Full Version : Barrel Suggestions

emumikey
03-01-2007, 09:49 AM
Need some advice guys. Bought an edge kit for my cocker some time ago and haven't bought any barrels since. Last barrel I bought before that was one of the original boomsticks, when they first came out!

I will be getting a new paradigm from Rogue in a few weeks and would like to know what barrel you would recommend. I am trying to find a gloss black barrel that matches the theme of the marker pretty well (Pariah body, Chimera frame, dallara rail, RPG foregrip). I have done quite a bit of searching, but either I am not looking in the right places or there isn't much out there that fits what I am looking for.

The field paint that I typically use is around .689. I would like to just get one barrel, if I run into a paint/barrel match problem I will just use the edge kit on that particular day.

Any modestly priced barrels out there that fit this idea?

What does everyone think of the Un1tec barrels? They seem like a nice product for the price, but I am still not sure exactly how they work.

Others that I have found are:

CP One Piece
Redz pepperstick
Lucky 15

Thanks in advance...

Mikey

WillyB
03-01-2007, 02:11 PM
I would recommend the Redz Pepperstick. It is .689 bore, two piece, and cheap (usually around $50). I use one on my Ion and it shoots darts. The Lucky Un1tec is a pretty cool design too. The "control bore" is actually a single piece barrel with no threads on it and you screw on the back with the thread you need. Its pretty cheap too, I think an entire kit costs less than $100.

robnix
03-01-2007, 02:16 PM
Need some advice guys. Bought an edge kit for my cocker some time ago and haven't bought any barrels since. Last barrel I bought before that was one of the original boomsticks, when they first came out!

I will be getting a new paradigm from Rogue in a few weeks and would like to know what barrel you would recommend. I am trying to find a gloss black barrel that matches the theme of the marker pretty well (Pariah body, Chimera frame, dallara rail, RPG foregrip). I have done quite a bit of searching, but either I am not looking in the right places or there isn't much out there that fits what I am looking for.

The field paint that I typically use is around .689. I would like to just get one barrel, if I run into a paint/barrel match problem I will just use the edge kit on that particular day.

What does everyone think of the Un1tec barrels? They seem like a nice product for the price, but I am still not sure exactly how they work.

CP One Piece
Redz pepperstick
Lucky 15

Thanks in advance...

Mikey

I'm a big fan of the WWA Veritas and Equitas barrels. The Veritas barrels will take freak inserts as well.

d4m4don3
03-01-2007, 02:25 PM
Get a Palmers barrel, scare the heebeegeebees out of everyone. Plus its a brass barrel. :D

emumikey
03-01-2007, 02:32 PM
WWA's site says the Truth and Justice series is no longer available.

I cannot find a place that sells or has in stock the Un1Tecs or Redz

Thanks so far guys

cyrus-the-virus
03-01-2007, 02:33 PM
Since your shooting for a single bore barrel, I personally like the DYE Titanium boomstick. I had one on my E-mag and it shot darts with DXS Blaze.

Course for a base price of $190 new it better be good :D

DYE Ultralights are good barrels
Stiffi 1-peice barrels are also very nice
J&J barrels are good too.

surfbum
03-01-2007, 02:35 PM
i'm a big fan of the macdev matchstick kit

Tao
03-01-2007, 02:47 PM

CP One Piece
Redz pepperstick
Lucky 15

Thanks in advance...

Mikey

I like the lucky 15 as a kit since one piece makes all the difference....but for a single barrel it is a little long so not very gas efficient. All I can say is stay away from the two piece barrels no matter how high quality they are supposed to be.

Oh yeah Palmer has some pretty fancy single barrels.

cyrus-the-virus
03-01-2007, 02:49 PM
I like the lucky 15 as a kit since one piece makes all the difference....but for a single barrel it is a little long so not very gas efficient. All I can say is stay away from the two piece barrels no matter how high quality they are supposed to be.

Oh yeah Palmer has some pretty fancy single barrels.

why? Two pecie barrels are just as good as sigle peice barrels.

LFD92
03-01-2007, 03:02 PM

CP One Piece
Redz pepperstick
Lucky 15

I have used Lucky's UN1tec barrel since they came out 2 years ago, and I absolutely LOVE them. They are some of THE lightest barrel on the market and durable as heck. If you're confused baout the system, here's how it goes:

They are a 2 piece barrel, but not in the conventional sense.
There is the back which can come in almost any thread type and color. Then there is the bore, which looks like the entire barrel iself. The bore screws into the back and then the back screws into the marker. There is a video on the barrel from Lucky's site HERE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_v2yvg7qSk&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ebuyluckypaintball%2Ecom%2F servlet%2FCategories%3Fcategory%3DBarrels). It's pretty explanatory.

Now, I also have to plug my sponsor. The REDZ Peppertick is something quite good as well. You really can't beat the price and the quality. Not much of a plug, but better than nothing.

For the money and quality, I'd have to say Lucky. The best part is that no matter what marker you have, all you have to do is buy another back (for $14 + shipping you can't beat it).

FARMER00
03-01-2007, 03:21 PM
get the carbon fiber DW barrel, its cool, if not get an all american

you can NEVER go wrong with an all american

AZ_09
03-01-2007, 03:36 PM
Just what i was gonna say, go for an All American barrel. I loved mine when i had it. They go for about $30-$40ish new(i think).

robnix
03-01-2007, 03:38 PM
WWA's site says the Truth and Justice series is no longer available.

I cannot find a place that sells or has in stock the Un1Tecs or Redz

Thanks so far guys

Only the Spyder threaded barrels are out of stock. Cocker threaded barrels should be available.

LiveWire
03-01-2007, 03:44 PM
titanium longbow .684, thats all i'm gunna say... oh and its $170

kruger
03-01-2007, 03:59 PM
A very under-rated barrel is the stock DM3 barrel. It essentially is an un-milled ultra lite. And the best part is that people sell them anywhere from 5 to 15 bucks. I buy just about every one that I find. And, any time that I get a gun re-anno'd, it get a DM3 barrel anno'd with it. Unless, of course, you are into spending big bucks, then, go for the whisper. :cool:

MaD_SaM
03-01-2007, 04:22 PM
I am also going for an all Gloss Black ULE Mag, and the Stiffi looks really nice on it. I know it’s not Gloss black but it really does look nice on it. The stiffi ran me $103, and it feels like its not even on my Mag. I also have the CP one piece and that looks just as sexy. I can show you some pic’s when I get home.