PDA

View Full Version : Leaking X-Valve...

SithSteve
03-01-2007, 12:58 PM
Hi all,

I am having an issue with a Mag I just received from ClassicMagger. From what I understand everything was brand new on this marker, including the X-Valve (reverse) and the level 10. I tried to air it up today (using HPA) and I immediately noticed a leak from the side on the valve (see pic):

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e119/sithsteve/X-Valve.jpg

The gun was firing, but the leak was constant no matter how I adjusted the regulator nut. Why is this happening? What needs to be done? I REALLY need help with this as it is my 1st mag and I'm a bit lost on trouble-shooting.

Thanks!

lasrsktr
03-01-2007, 01:49 PM
Hi all,

I am having an issue with a Mag I just received from ClassicMagger. From what I understand everything was brand new on this marker, including the X-Valve (reverse) and the level 10. I tried to air it up today (using HPA) and I immediately noticed a leak from the side on the valve (see pic):

The gun was firing, but the leak was constant no matter how I adjusted the regulator nut. Why is this happening? What needs to be done? I REALLY need help with this as it is my 1st mag and I'm a bit lost on trouble-shooting.

Thanks!

I had this issue with my brand new x-valve as well..

It it caused by the orings on the reg pin... you can remove and replace them..

!st try to oil them a bit and see if that will seal the leak.

SithSteve
03-01-2007, 02:07 PM
I'll give it a try and post the results... Thanks!

SithSteve
03-01-2007, 02:21 PM
Internals were dry... I oiled them and tried to air-up again... still leaks from same spot!!!

Next suggestion please... :tard:

d4m4don3
03-01-2007, 02:36 PM
Turn the velocity adjustment down a little? Maybe its too high?

lasrsktr
03-01-2007, 02:37 PM
Internals were dry... I oiled them and tried to air-up again... still leaks from same spot!!!

Next suggestion please... :tard:

change the orings... as sometimes the are not perfect.

remove the c-ring first...

SithSteve
03-01-2007, 03:01 PM
That will have to wait until I order/get the X-Valve parts kit. I didn't think I'd need something like this soooooo soon?!?!?!

Then again, I guess it serves me right for thinking that something BRAND NEW WOULD WORK like it's supposed to!!!!!! :mad:

I'm still open to any other suggestions...

lasrsktr
03-01-2007, 05:30 PM
That will have to wait until I order/get the X-Valve parts kit. I didn't think I'd need something like this soooooo soon?!?!?!

Then again, I guess it serves me right for thinking that something BRAND NEW WOULD WORK like it's supposed to!!!!!! :mad:

I'm still open to any other suggestions...

send it to AGD for a free rebuild... .

All i can say is things happen... orings are not all made exactly the same... some work some don't....

It happened in my brand new valve as well... swapped out five different oring sets before i found the right set up...

Also the reg pin orings need oil.... not just a few drops in the asa... Try putting a few drops directly on the reg pin.(requires removal)

Tunaman
03-01-2007, 07:42 PM
change the orings... as sometimes the are not perfect.

remove the c-ring first...You dont have to remove that c clip...try just swapping the orings with the others in the valve...if you dont have spares.

SithSteve
03-01-2007, 08:17 PM
You dont have to remove that c clip...try just swapping the orings with the others in the valve...if you dont have spares.

Can you be more specific... or provide instructions/images to help?

(Again, Mag noobie here!!! :rolleyes: )

SithSteve
03-03-2007, 02:13 PM
Well, I found out that one of my local fields has a guy that is in fact a certified AGD tech. The only issue now is that he NEVER seems to be there?!?!?

I hope I get this resolved at some point soon!!! I'd like to actually play with the damn thing!!! :mad:

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
03-03-2007, 03:53 PM
My new RTP oh 6-7?!?! years ago had a problem where it wouldnt shoot, I opened everything up oiled everything, and found it it was actually my asa that was not long enough to depress my tank pin so it was starving my mag from the get go. Good luck finding the problem! (check your velocity too)

SithSteve
03-03-2007, 08:24 PM
I'm using a Crossfire 88/45k tank that is pre-set to 850psi output. As far as I know, these are the most consistant bottles out there (as far as re-charge rates go).

Also, my ASA is CP. It's brand-spanking new.

I'm not too sure what my velocity is... 1. I haven't put any paint thru the gun. 2. I have no access to a chrony.

Plus, I was told by the seller that they aired-up the valve and made no other adjustments to it (besides what was recommended by AGD).

I'm gonna give this guy at the local field another chance to get back to me, otherwise, I'm gonna try to contact AGD directly. If I have to send it in, so be it, at least I know it will be fixed right!!!

Maybe I'll get to use the gun before summer??!!!??!!

SithSteve
03-08-2007, 12:47 PM
I took it upon myself to get this figured out, so I called AGD this morning and spoke with one of the techs there. He told me to replace the two o-rings on the reg. valve pin assembly.

I removed the c-clip... slipped off the o-rings and the spacer... swapped the old o-rings with new ones... slid everything back on the pin... replaced the c-clip.

I aired it up and it seems to have fixed it!!!

Now its just a matter of getting everything adjusted juuuuuuuust right!

lasrsktr
03-08-2007, 01:00 PM
I took it upon myself to get this figured out, so I called AGD this morning and spoke with one of the techs there. He told me to replace the two o-rings on the reg. valve pin assembly.

I removed the c-clip... slipped off the o-rings and the spacer... swapped the old o-rings with new ones... slid everything back on the pin... replaced the c-clip.

I aired it up and it seems to have fixed it!!!

Now its just a matter of getting everything adjusted juuuuuuuust right!

read my first post... i answered your questions there... but :clap: for AGD's tech service...

SithSteve
03-08-2007, 02:33 PM
Yea... you're right :tard: I guess reading it translated differently vs. hearing it. Especially since I'm not 100% familiar with the names of the parts yet!

Thanks Anyway! :cheers: