PDA

View Full Version : ULE feedneck threading question

LFD92
03-01-2007, 03:46 PM
While my Mag is at Gruntbull getting anoed, I'm looking for a new clamping feedneck.

I went to the local shop today to have my tank reg swapped out and I stated to ask about Angel threaded feednecks. WHat I was told kinda surprised me so I want to ask the forum.

I was told that unless the marker was specifically an Angel, even if the feedneck had Angel threading an (pardon me if this is wrong) Impulse/Universal threading would work.

I know that the differences between the Angel (downward rounded) threads and Impulse threadings, but is this true? I plan to bring my Mag in when it gets finished because the shop owner whants to see it anyway, but I don't want to cross up the threads trying other types of threading.

Anyone know for sure?

I know the manuals and readings say Angel, so don't offer that up as your arguement please.

thanks!

LFD92
03-01-2007, 04:44 PM
Will it work? Yes. Is it advised? No.

I wouldnt call Impulse threading Universal. Its like using a standard(inches) screw into a metric hole that are very close in size. It is VERY sloppy, and you dont get the nice fit you should.

And since Angel threading is very fine(as opposed to course) you run the risk of damaging the threads should you ever take a hard dive.

Use lots of loc-tite. Good luck.

You are just the one I would hope to respond. That was the answer I was looking for.

impure
03-01-2007, 11:16 PM
just use a feedneck for an angel. it works well. i actually just got my feedneck in for my mag today and put it on the ule body tonight and it fits nicely. i got the trinity adjustable feedneck. it works really well and is well built i would suggest this feedneck to anyone looking for one. :headbang: