PDA

View Full Version : upgrades for a Tac-One

RDSBandit
03-01-2007, 07:31 PM
I plan on getting a tac-one here in the next couple of weeks, and I was jsut wondering for the tac-one what were the best upgrades? What makes them the best? How much do they cost? And where can I get them?

The tac-one I am looking at is the warp feed right one you can get from the AGD website. I plan on getting a warp feed, ULE trigger kit (installed).

So with that information, what are yalls views/ideas/comments on what I should look at getting as upgrades for my new marker?

Doobie
03-01-2007, 08:03 PM
Can't beat a good barrel kit. The ULT is awesome with an X-valve. You may want to invest in an adjustable reg for it as well. You can really dial in the "reactivity" of the trigger with one. May I suggest a Centerflag Dynaflow? I love it on the Tac One.

don miguel
03-01-2007, 08:10 PM
I plan on getting a tac-one here in the next couple of weeks, and I was jsut wondering for the tac-one what were the best upgrades? What makes them the best? How much do they cost? And where can I get them?

The tac-one I am looking at is the warp feed right one you can get from the AGD website. I plan on getting a warp feed, ULE trigger kit (installed).

So with that information, what are yalls views/ideas/comments on what I should look at getting as upgrades for my new marker?

the tac one comes with many good stock features, the only thing I would upgrade is the feedneck. The stock barell is a j and j, but a barell kit (like doobie said) is a great thing. I reccomend the PIPE kit. Also, look at the BST section of this forum, because you can always find great deals on automag parts here.

Tao
03-01-2007, 09:17 PM

Well there isn't much for upgrades, with AGD stuff it is good as is. Only thing would be a barrel kit or a y grip.

Tac-OneFun
03-02-2007, 01:54 AM
i have a tac one and the only upgrade i have right now is a two piece CP barrel. It works great.

If i were you, i would put 5-6 cases of paint through it before getting trigger upgrades/reg adjustors. You have to really break in the Reactive Trigger before you will see it start really performing properly.

I wouldn't mind having a y-grip thoough :)

RDSBandit
03-02-2007, 03:24 PM
Ok so I see that yall recomend a barrel kit, a tank and reg, and the y grip.

Barrel kits - what do yall suggest? I know this is going to be a personal prefrence sort of area though, But not having played in the past couple of years i am kinda out of the loop as far as what is out there. So any info would be very welcome.

Tanks and regs - again I think this is going to be a personal prefrence area. but still lets hear what you have to say.

Y grip - I know what this is. I just have never handled one, so im not REAL sure I would like it, i like the idea of it though, i just dont know how it would feel though. those of you who have one, could you try and explain what its like, did it take alot of getting used to? does it help in all types of games? Im used to woods ball, so i do alot of crawling and laying down and such, does it perform well in situations where you laying down and stuff, I know it would be great for speed ball. But is it an all around type thing?

Thanks for the help so far.

Robert

Tunaman
03-02-2007, 03:43 PM
Just make sure you buy it from the RIGHT place... ;)

Tac-OneFun
03-02-2007, 07:37 PM
like i said, make sure you break it in before adding anything on.

nevtangle
03-02-2007, 08:14 PM
like i said, make sure you break it in before adding anything on.
That is so true, my xvalve really didn't start to perform until I had at least 6 cases through it.

going_home
03-02-2007, 09:24 PM

Forget the warp feed. they are big and clunky and make the marker terribly off balanced.
Get a Qloader if you have to have a warp feed body on it.
You can mount it under the barrel to the foregrip like this :

http://www.specialopspaintball.com/shop/product_detail.asp?SKU=100+0010&CAT=106203

RDSBandit
03-03-2007, 02:28 AM
mmmm.........so the warp feed is bad then?

How does the qloader load? do you have to buy different cannisters for it every time, or do you just refill them with balls? how bulky is it being out there on the end of your gun like that? I have looked that those but, /shrug i dont knwo anything about them.

The reason why im considering getting the warpfeed body, is because of how I play, I site down the top of the barrel, thats just how I do it, so having a hopper mounted right in my way I think would mess me up. (not that im that good a player anyways, but every little bit helps) I really liked the 45 degree feeds you used to be able to get on auto mags.

any other help?

Robert

PsychoBaller
03-03-2007, 03:12 AM
Listen... I've been telling people to utilize the TUNA for years... DO IT ! :hail:

Additionally; Someone by now, should have built a PneuTac 1, with a Thrasher-esk Rail, and some other goodies from the like...

yeahh... thats the gooood stuff.

:cheers:

-baller

braaatz
03-03-2007, 07:39 AM
mmmm.........so the warp feed is bad then?

Robert

I use a warp and love it!
I would buy a warp bracket from Luke http://www.lukescustoms.com/page0002.htm.
This bracket tucks in the warp better and no modifications are needed for a hopper.
With the stock bracket you have to reach around the warp to grab the foregrip, and marker feels more unbalanced, atleast in my experience.
The warp is very reliable also, Ive only had to replace the drive belt, and batteries.
Ive been using the same warp since 2000.

madcrisis
03-03-2007, 07:51 AM
i love my warp except it eats batteries..... anyone have any solutions for tht?

RDSBandit
03-03-2007, 08:49 AM
Ok, utilize tuna, I know he has a website, (dont know how to get to the site though) but not to sound, i dunno, arrogant perhaps, but what is so great about him? What makes getting stuff from him any better then getting it elsewhere?

And those brackets look really cool too, they might be someting to invest in.

afortuna
03-03-2007, 11:51 AM
Ok, utilize tuna, I know he has a website, (dont know how to get to the site though) but not to sound, i dunno, arrogant perhaps, but what is so great about him? What makes getting stuff from him any better then getting it elsewhere?

And those brackets look really cool too, they might be someting to invest in.

Try here: http://www.tunamart.com/

EPIC_Vader
03-03-2007, 05:04 PM
I love my warp feed, although I thought about using a qloader on my warp left tac1, in the end the warp won since I could have more ammo in my loader, wouldn't have to deal with the rigmarole of loading q-pods, and is easier to maintain and clean.

Also, Madcrisis, intellifeeding your warp is supposed to extend battery life. (From what I've read that is)

RDSBandit
03-03-2007, 09:37 PM
Try here: http://www.tunamart.com/

Ok, see that. But he seems to have all the same stuff as the AGD site, at the same price, what is the benefit of using him? unless there is just something that I am missing.

PsychoBaller
03-04-2007, 01:04 AM
Tuna is da man. He is AO's premiere Automag Tech. Can Get you decent pricing on almost all AGD parts. Fix your stuff for better pricing. Simply "da man", for years here on AO. Almost an AO parameter constant, not going anywhere, etc... :dance:

Once upon a time, he was also the Tech for the all Automag Team BLACKCELL, I used to be on, back in the early years of Tournament.

Can't go wrong by using da Tuna, :cool:

-baller

Sprye Bane's Comm NCO
03-04-2007, 07:15 PM
Tuna has prices on his website, but if you email him you generally get a much better price and everything comes tuned up and oiled and very nice in general, and he's very prompt and just a great person and always willing to help.

I love using a warp, forcefeeds well and keeps my marker happy. never had any problems with it but i would like to try one of lukes adapters for them. (do you have to modify the hopper to get the feed tube through?)

Installing a battery switch can increase the life of your batteries if you leave em in a lot or want to turn em off between games/long walks in scenarios.

also doing the 12vt mod/ getting the 12vt mod from luke can increase battery life (at least for me) and speed up the warp significantly.

Lukes website is Lukescustoms.com (www.lukescustoms.com)
Tunamans is tunamart.com (www.tunamart.com)

like I said to the person who owns the luke bracket, did you have to modify your hopper?