PDA

View Full Version : My Nitro tank

ThePatriot
01-03-2002, 12:41 PM
A quick question about my flatline, its 68ci 3k psi and i got it filled for the first time yesterday, after it cooled down it was about 2.1k psi left, and i set the input pressure at around 750. My question....how many shots about will i get from this? this is my first nitro tank and im gonna play soon and need to know if its enough(the field doesnt fill nitro)

Thnx

Arman/XPM
01-03-2002, 01:24 PM
Hello,
It depends on what type of marker you have. If it is the Mag in your sig, then you should be fine. 2.1k will last you 3 - 4 hoppers, if not more.

paintballer187
01-03-2002, 07:14 PM
why did the pressure drop to 2.1k? if anyone else read this is that normal?

bunkerking
01-03-2002, 07:31 PM
I don't know if that is supposed to happen with the flatline or not, but the max flo that I use doesn't lose any pressure. By the way, what do you mean by "cooling down?"

IceCool32
01-03-2002, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by bunkerking
I don't know if that is supposed to happen with the flatline or not, but the max flo that I use doesn't lose any pressure. By the way, what do you mean by "cooling down?"

When nitro tanks are aired up, particles are pushed from a larger tank to a smaller tank, causing the particles to become compressed and they get "excited" and become hot. All nitro tanks cool down after being filled and the particles get less "excited", and you always lose a little pressure. This is why they're called "HIGH PRESSURE Air".

This is more noticeable in steel tanks, when filled too fast, they become alot hot to the touch.

bunkerking
01-03-2002, 07:39 PM
Sorry I was alittle confusing with my question, I know that the tank is warm or whatever and that it cools down after a sec, but I fill my own air at the fields compressors and I have never noticed the pressure drop, at all.

ThePatriot
01-03-2002, 08:00 PM
It didnt make sense to me either but when i thought about basic science...Particles expand when heated, and when i got my nitro back from the guy who filled it, it was quite warm....so it was expanded, and as it cooled off, the gas "shrunk" if u will, causing the pressure to not be quite as much.

IceCool32
01-03-2002, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by ThePatriot
It didnt make sense to me either but when i thought about basic science...Particles expand when heated, and when i got my nitro back from the guy who filled it, it was quite warm....so it was expanded, and as it cooled off, the gas "shrunk" if u will, causing the pressure to not be quite as much.

Exactlly. Not so mind boggling now huh? Most fields fill too fast, causing the particles to cool off faster, causing the pressure to drop more drastically.