PDA

View Full Version : If I open up my xvalve......

Carbon Blue
03-01-2007, 09:47 PM
Just like the title reads, if i open up my xvalve just to see what things look like mabey even add some oil to the regulator pin will I have to replace any parts such as regulator seats etc.? The reason I ask is because I did this to my regular classic valve and did not know that once the regulator seat is removed (when the valve is opened) that it must be replaced, because I did not replace it the first time the valve would chuff severely. Thanks for any input!

Thotograph
03-01-2007, 11:02 PM
its hard to say for certain if the seats will be comprimised if you disasemble your valve... if you don't have the o-rings to replace the seals then don't risk it. put a few drops in the asa if you think you should oil it... shoot it through with no barrel (outside) about a twenty times.

i think the classic valves did that when you ran co2 because the orings would expand...

Tunaman
03-01-2007, 11:12 PM
The reg seat oring will be fine and should last for years. Its imbedded dirt particles on the seat and oring that usually kills them. Always clean and inspect your orings . ;)

Carbon Blue
03-02-2007, 12:07 AM
thanks! looks like ill be opening up my xvalve soon! :D

Thotograph
03-02-2007, 02:18 AM
goodluck! if anything goes wrong talk to tuna because he's the man when it comes to mags. great advice about the o-rings... lol it reminds me of the really old low budget instructional video i got with my very first mag... so early 90's awesomeness. clean and inspect those o-rings son :cool: be sure to work in a clean environment with plently of space to lay things out.

Carbon Blue
03-03-2007, 01:22 PM
^^
thanks for the advice!