PDA

View Full Version : Which barrel?

paintbattler
01-03-2002, 01:59 PM
Vote for the barrel I should get.

[NA]WARLORD
01-03-2002, 03:38 PM
How do like your present barrel, if its a good barrel why not stick with the Quality you know, but i only use Smart Parts barrels, so my opinion is biased :)

The Mag Man
01-03-2002, 04:49 PM
I think Smart Parts barrels are just plain looking and Ceramics are just down right ugly. I'd go with the 14".

Rynoboy06
01-04-2002, 08:30 AM
I have a JJ two piece with both 10 and 14 inch tips on my Z grip RT. There was a day when I broke a detente and borrowed a 12inch SP all american. I have to say I thought it was a marked improvement, but it might have been the paint I was using. When I have to buy cocker barrels to put on and extreme/sfl/C&C extreme I'll be getting a smartparts AA.

[NA]WARLORD
01-04-2002, 12:03 PM
Rhynoboy, if your gonna drop that much on a new marker, get the Freak system, and just get an All American tip, Then you will have the best of both worlds......

Rynoboy06
01-04-2002, 05:43 PM
You're probably right. Rough on the wallet to get both at once though. Maybe I could wait for the AGD barrel that has been prophesized. Or buy a used/inexpensive AA until the AGD barrel comes out... Questions,questions. :eek:

AllAmericanMag
01-05-2002, 01:35 PM
I love my 16 inch All American.

paintbattler
01-05-2002, 11:11 PM
so..i guess ill get a SS AA, but should i even get another barrel? i have a SS tear drop and it does fine. should i get another?

[NA]WARLORD
01-05-2002, 11:41 PM
Get the new All American, its got interchangable tips like freak, so if ya want a different length go buy a different tip, and walla, different barrel :)

paintbattler
01-06-2002, 10:37 AM
yea, ill get that..where can i get it?

giblit
01-06-2002, 08:35 PM
just save for a freak thats what im doin right now. it may take a long time but t will be worth it in the end

drx975
01-06-2002, 09:06 PM
J&J = quality. I know little about the AA barrels, but my friend has one on his shutter and its very quiet but not quite as accurate as my J&J 2 piece 12 inch on my tipp98. Same paint was used. I would go with the J&J combo because it is extremely tolerant for all types of paint, as long as the paint is fresh. I wouldn't spend $200 on the freak, because its just a barrel. Think about it, you could be using that money for something better. As long as you match the paint to bore size, everything will work very well.

alf
01-06-2002, 09:58 PM
get the freak..its worth it

the J&J ceramic shoots through breaks nicely, that might be a good "starter" barrel till you get your freak kit, its about $45 or so

[NA]WARLORD
01-07-2002, 01:55 AM
Just about anybody that carries the Freak will have the new All American. New AA is usually around 80-100 $$, But Freak is anywhere between 150-225$$, My sponsor has a kit called the freak junior, WHICH IS AVAILABLE FOR ANY MARKER, not just m98 and spyder, for 159.00, and gives choice of 2 inserts, which IMO you really only use 3 at the most (.689&1 each up or down) It saves u a lil cash. But unless you do Tourneys the total Freak kit, to me, is a waste of money. Also if you buy one get a stainless back as the aluminum ones have been known too snap in some different markers, i.e., end breaks off in marker leaving only threads, however I dont forsee this as a problem with the twist lock automags use.

vaypourus
01-16-2002, 02:26 PM
Yell at me now....I am not a fan of the freak. I did not see an obvious improvement in accuracy over my All American or the boomstick the kid had. It was louder too.

I have both a J&J Ceramic and an all american. Both are great barrels. I use my J&J with older paint, becuase it will shoot clean and doesn't have as much porting as others(which is really nice in the event of a ball break). I prefer my all american over the J&J though...it is super quiet and accurate as any other barrel I have tried.

[NA]WARLORD
01-16-2002, 02:39 PM
I agree, as i have the old style All American I use right now. If you use the Freak, get an All American tip, its quieter than the Freak (Teardrop) tip. But it does give you the versatility to make your barrel shorter.