PDA

View Full Version : The History Channel; Complete Awesome

PsychoBaller
03-03-2007, 03:01 AM
Army, where are you ya old dog? I watch this stuff, and I think of you, haha. Old = Awesome..... :D

I never really thought I'd ever say that. Anyways, The History Channel has gone through leaps and bounds in the last 2-3yrs. Has shows now-a-days that make me look toward the weekend even more (I know, I've lead a boring life, simply intelectualizing* myself..... that word was just copywrited).

--Gunny and Mail Call, freaking amazing show. The Ultra Firing Range out in the Western US episode... everyone firing the biggest guns, tracer bullets at night!... simply awesome.

--Documentarys on massive amts of current army/war technology;
M3, Modern Marvels...-Dog Fights...... (where is my Nintendo, I must break out TopGun :cool: )

-About to start showing, The Dark Ages (any history majors that missed this chapter... you'd be surprised how far we've come as a civilized world... :confused:

Others may wish to elaborate on the shows. Just wanted to get across my feelings of awesomeness, to the refurbished Hist. Channel.

-baller

(was a Rutgers Philosophy, and Religion Major; with a Strong Backround/minors in Phsychology and History. Low and behold, my brain is fry'd. Strong reason for drinking :rolleyes: )

:cheers:

Swampy
03-03-2007, 04:52 AM
I like when they do the specials during the weekend. Like last Presidents Day Weekend, or they have the Band of Brothers Marthon weekend, I don't own the series and always have to miss a couple episodes for work or what not.

What I do miss is the show "Tales of the Gun" and one of their opening lines "To better understand the gun is to better understand history" ----- Something like that.

BigEvil
03-03-2007, 06:58 AM
I gotta agree with ya'.

(I have no life either, as im sitting here watching Heavy Metal)

Pacifist_Farmer
03-03-2007, 07:10 AM
I love the history channel.

But I have to mention, that the History channel is definitely serving up entertainment. Those "Dark ages" weren't nearly as dark as every one has always been told. They certainly weren't the best of times, but civilization was still advancing.

Not on the History channel but has to be one of the best shows on T.V. right now is "How it's Made".

paintballfiend
03-03-2007, 08:27 PM
I used to never miss an episode of Modern Marvels...until we switched to dish and now I don't get the History Channel anymore. :cry:

bleachit
03-03-2007, 10:18 PM
I spent the entire summer before my senior year watching the History Channel. It owned then. Now its not so great, excluding Mail Call and one or two others.

/back in '99

warpig13
03-03-2007, 10:58 PM
-About to start showing, The Dark Ages (any history majors that missed this chapter... you'd be surprised how far we've come as a civilized world... :confused:

I like how they got the Death Metal band Suffocation to do the commercial for them.

That made me :D

But the International History Channel>>>>>>>>>>History Channel.

Kyle.Kimber
03-04-2007, 11:42 AM
I heart the Hisotry channel and Discovery.

bentothejam1n
03-04-2007, 01:08 PM
anybody watch the history of sex? :rofl:

gimp
03-04-2007, 02:07 PM
anybody watch the history of sex? :rofl:

Hahaha, I watched part of it. I like the old Egyptian home pregnancy test. It involves putting an onion 'somewhere' and seeing if the girls breath smells like onion. If it does, then she's pregnant.

paintballfiend
03-04-2007, 09:55 PM
Hahaha, I watched part of it. I like the old Egyptian home pregnancy test. It involves putting an onion 'somewhere' and seeing if the girls breath smells like onion. If it does, then she's pregnant.
What if the girl just had bad breath? :p

warpig13
03-04-2007, 11:06 PM
It involves putting an onion 'somewhere' and seeing if the girls breath smells like onion.

How could putting an onion in her mouth help :rolleyes:

thecavemankevin
03-06-2007, 11:34 AM
I could watch modern marvels on just about any subject....i love that show.

Muzikman
03-06-2007, 03:45 PM
I honestly bought a Tivo just so I could record the History channel. It is just about the only channel I watch.

tech-chan
03-06-2007, 04:56 PM
Now I'm gonna have to go look at that show, if it shows you the history of sex it can't be all that bad...

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

PsychoBaller
03-06-2007, 11:47 PM
Barbarian WEEK this week, AWESOME!!!