PDA

View Full Version : How to get Dealer logos off my car?

trevorjk
03-03-2007, 03:24 AM
ok so i recently purchased a "new to me" new car. 03 Lancer OZ Rally... anyways, the dealership i bought it from put there decals everywhere, floor matts, liscence plate holders, and decals.

so my concern is, how do i get the dealers logo off my car? i believe it is some sort of all weather Vinal sticker. but its not just one sticker, it is each letter as 1 sticker.

so the question is
so how do i go about taking this off WITH OUT distorting the paint in anyway, scratching the paint in anyway, and leaving any residue in any way?

Chaos_Theory!
03-03-2007, 04:39 AM
Autozone or the like should have stuff for that sort of thing. If ya cant find it there try a hardware store.

Swampy
03-03-2007, 04:44 AM
Blow dryer

kruger
03-03-2007, 04:47 AM
Yup, a blow drier. Just heat up the sticker and then pick at it until you get it started. Then it will just peel off.

CaptaiN_JacK
03-03-2007, 05:00 AM
Blowdryer and...Goop-Off I think it's called? We have some at my parents house--it's like a 20 year old bottle and I don't even know if they make it anymore, but it works amazing at removing sticker residue. They probably have it or something like it at your local hardware store for <$5.

edit: if you do get sticker residue remover, read the warnings to make sure it won't ruin the car finish (but I doubt it would).

bornl33t
03-03-2007, 06:11 AM
if it's a plastic emblem with that foamy tape underneath use mono-filament string (fishing string) and goof-off ( don't rub too hard with the goof-off it will take your clear coat off)

Pacifist_Farmer
03-03-2007, 07:19 AM
Any of the above should work, if you take it to a body shop they would possibly use an eraser, a big spinning elastomer wheel, fast but if the person using it isn't very smart it will take paint off.

PyRo
03-03-2007, 08:22 AM
In the future when you buy a car from the dealership tell them you want the stickers removed before you buy the car. I can't see them loosening a sale over that.

Draken
03-03-2007, 09:53 AM
depending on the sticker, you might be able to use a pressure washer, thats how i got mine off of my impreza, took it to the car wash and just took them off with pressure, no marks, no residue...careful though if its on plastic because you can cut the plastic that way

trevorjk
03-03-2007, 12:56 PM
thanks guys, i have some "goo-gone" and a blow dryer at my moms house. ill give these options a try tomorrow night.

thanks

robnix
03-03-2007, 01:01 PM
ok so i recently purchased a "new to me" new car. 03 Lancer OZ Rally... anyways, the dealership i bought it from put there decals everywhere, floor matts, liscence plate holders, and decals.

so my concern is, how do i get the dealers logo off my car? i believe it is some sort of all weather Vinal sticker. but its not just one sticker, it is each letter as 1 sticker.

so the question is
so how do i go about taking this off WITH OUT distorting the paint in anyway, scratching the paint in anyway, and leaving any residue in any way?

I hate that. When I bought my last truck, I made sure that there would be no dealer logos anywhere as part of the deal.

trevorjk
03-03-2007, 01:07 PM
I hate that. When I bought my last truck, I made sure that there would be no dealer logos anywhere as part of the deal.

yeah i had completly forgot about that when i purchased my vehicle. im kicking my self for that now thoug... god i hate all the dealership crap on my car

calebh
03-04-2007, 12:18 AM
you could send the dealership a bill for advertising for them ;)

skife
03-04-2007, 02:38 AM
a heat gun and goo gone, just like everyone else is saying.

you could use some light acetone on it too, it would probably work but it takes a little bit of paint off, considering it is paint thinner :P