PDA

View Full Version : Err... Problems.

Butterfingers
01-03-2002, 02:29 PM
For some reason my paintball gun is VERY inaccurate today I literally couldent hit a broad side of a barn. Meaning 10 foot spreads at 50 feet. Almost like breaking paint in the barrel.

My barrel is spotless, my bolt got a dousing in isopropyl alcohol. So I doubt oil on the bolt or barrel. Had anything to do with it.

I attribute to 3 possible things.

I installed plastic nubbins today. Could it possibly be imparting a spin on the ball?

I swapped out my stock bolt for an AGD foamie to better handle the brittle cold paint. I sereously doubt this is the case. I never had any problems with it before.

My paint is too big. All I have are .689 barrels. On the dial calipers the average measurement of the widest point of 20 paintballs measured .691.

The good news is that I didnt have one break today!

Feel free to add to my list... i would like to know more about my crappy accuracy.

Butterfingers
01-03-2002, 02:41 PM
Square peg into round hole...

the paint blows through easily if it goes in sideways...
Yeah they arent very round... Its another garage find, but not quite as old as my last batch that didnt make it past the hopper.

TheTramp
01-03-2002, 03:36 PM
It sounds like you figured it out. Sounds like the crappy paint is the problem. Out of round and too big.

RaV3n_Pa1ntba||
01-03-2002, 05:44 PM
i would also go with the normal barrel nubins...the plastics were made for the super bolt.

Omicron
01-03-2002, 06:28 PM
i think you can use teh plastic nubbins with any bolt...I'm pretty sure, but someone correct me if i'm wrong..

bunkerking
01-03-2002, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Butterfingers
Square peg into round hole...

the paint blows through easily if it goes in sideways...
Yeah they arent very round... Its another garage find, but not quite as old as my last batch that didnt make it past the hopper.
There ya go! guns don't like paint that is not round, or old for that matter. :rolleyes: :)

Dubstar112
01-03-2002, 07:59 PM
Most likley not the plastic's, I use them on all of mybarrels and Ive never seen any accuracy difference

TheTramp
01-04-2002, 10:24 AM
You can use the plastic nubbins w/ any bolt. The super bolt has to have them but they are fine for the rest as well.

Load SM5
01-04-2002, 12:31 PM
If the problems continue with a better paint then check your nubbins. I had to shave just a bit off the back of them so they did stick too far into the barrel with the barrel in the gun.