PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have Emag software 4.?

MANN
03-03-2007, 12:10 PM
I am looking for a copy of 4.2 (i think) if anyone could email me a copy of it, or post a link it would be greatly appriciated

Thanks

Beemer
03-03-2007, 12:47 PM
It was never officially released and is not for distribution. Therefore you wont get it legally.

3.2 was the last release by AGD.

MANN
03-03-2007, 12:51 PM
can i send my xmag to agd to have them install it?

Beemer
03-03-2007, 12:55 PM
Yes or to Tuna. My X-Mag came with 3.2. What do you have?

edit. For 3.2 version only. Not 4.0

MANN
03-03-2007, 12:57 PM
Ive got xmod on it. Its great, but overkill. I can only use semi so I figured I would load that. I like the shot "pong" that 4.2 has.

Beemer
03-03-2007, 01:00 PM
Just set it to Semi then. What is a shot pong?

MANN
03-03-2007, 01:03 PM
I have 4.2 on one of my microEmags, and it has a shot option that flashes solid blocks across the screen upon firing. Im not sure what it is called, but its kinda cool, and someithing to look at. I would just use the version on my Micro, but it has a custom startup screen that I dont want

Loguzzzzzz
03-03-2007, 01:53 PM
What good does it do to email you a copy?

If you have the means to load it then you should have the means to download it from the gun you have and reload it to that gun and to any gun you wish.

I have the X mod programmer and have reloaded many different versions of AGD software to my E / X mags. Currently I have X mod Beta 1.7x. I prefer it to Beta 1.8.

That being said, email me a copy so I can try it on my gun .. :D

MANN
03-03-2007, 03:03 PM
I have a programmer, but the only version of 4.2 I have loads up and says "beware of the man with the golden gun" I am selling the golden gun, but wanting to keep the software for my xmag. I know that i can just use that, but would prefer to just have one that says 4.2 or whatever it says.

MANN
03-03-2007, 03:05 PM
Currently I have X mod Beta 1.7x. I prefer it to Beta 1.8.

What is the difference? I have only used 1.8

Loguzzzzzz
03-03-2007, 04:41 PM
What is the difference? I have only used 1.8
1.8 allows the adjustment of the ramp, but you have to load each ramp interval on the gun, it is a different version of 1.8x each time. It cannot be toggled through the switches.

RRfireblade
03-03-2007, 11:03 PM
I have a programmer, but the only version of 4.2 I have loads up and says "beware of the man with the golden gun" I am selling the golden gun, but wanting to keep the software for my xmag. I know that i can just use that, but would prefer to just have one that says 4.2 or whatever it says.

Hee hee , I remember programming that to say that. Gold anno'd Micro right ?

MANN
03-03-2007, 11:08 PM
Hee hee , I remember programming that to say that. Gold anno'd Micro right ?

yep. is it hard to change it to say something else. I have had ee clases. i am assuming that its hexidecimal coding??

RRfireblade
03-03-2007, 11:18 PM
Not hard if you know how to rewrite that section of the code , I guess.

If you can't figure it out , cover shipping and I'll change it for free.

Tao
03-03-2007, 11:57 PM

no AGD will not install any software other than 3.2

Tao
03-03-2007, 11:58 PM
I have 4.2 on one of my microEmags, and it has a shot option that flashes solid blocks across the screen upon firing. Im not sure what it is called, but its kinda cool, and someithing to look at. I would just use the version on my Micro, but it has a custom startup screen that I dont want

if you have 4.2 on that you should be able to take it off and save it with the Xmod programmer

Chaos_Theory!
03-04-2007, 03:28 AM
Im pretty sure you can flash fosh your board with 4.xx code if ya have an Xmod programer. Lorne has all the flash versions on his site for DL if i remember correctly.

Tunaman
03-04-2007, 08:07 AM
Yes or to Tuna. My X-Mag came with 3.2. What do you have?No. Neither AGD or myself will install this software.

Beemer
03-04-2007, 10:07 AM
It was never officially released and is not for distribution. Therefore you wont get it legally.

3.2 was the last release by AGD.

Regarding 3.2

Yes or to Tuna. My X-Mag came with 3.2. What do you have?

Since those posts are in order his question is about 3.2 install.

No. Neither AGD or myself will install this software.

I know, I said it was never released and not for distribution[4.0] You still do 3.2 dont you?

Sorry for the confusion. :cheers:

MANN
03-04-2007, 10:52 AM
if you have 4.2 on that you should be able to take it off and save it with the Xmod programmer

I know I can. Like I stated earlier I just dont want the startup screen.

Im pretty sure you can flash fosh your board with 4.xx code if ya have an Xmod programer. Lorne has all the flash versions on his site for DL if i remember correctly.

He does not have 4.xx on his site. At least I cant find it.

Tuna/other knowledgeable people. Why would AGD not load 4.2 on my marker. Is there something wrong with that software?

BigEvil
03-04-2007, 11:03 AM
I know I can. Like I stated earlier I just dont want the startup screen.

He does not have 4.xx on his site. At least I cant find it.

Tuna/other knowledgeable people. Why would AGD not load 4.2 on my marker. Is there something wrong with that software?

4.xx was recalled by AGD IIRC for bouncing issues. Forget it even exists. If you have a programmer then use the Xmod. It is far better.

Miscue
03-04-2007, 01:31 PM
The versions of 4.x that are floating are not 4.20... either 4.0 or 4.1 probably. 4.x was never officially released. Unless there's been a breech of trust... 4.20 is only in the hands of a couple of people in the AGD circle.

4.20 is made obsolete by XMOD, which is available. 4.20 has a fix for the "full-auto" noise problems created by the marker that the older versions did not account for. I also explained the situation to Lorne, and I believe he has also taken care of it with XMOD.

So... use XMOD. It's better! :p

I also asked Lorne to not make 4.x available. It is AGD's software, not mine. TK did not want it released for legal reasons.

Miscue
03-04-2007, 01:37 PM
Not hard if you know how to rewrite that section of the code , I guess.

If you can't figure it out , cover shipping and I'll change it for free.

You've been loading 4.x for people? Urm... eh? Please use XMOD instead. :)

Miscue
03-04-2007, 01:40 PM
Ive got xmod on it. Its great, but overkill. I can only use semi so I figured I would load that. I like the shot "pong" that 4.2 has.

That was stripped from 4.20... only the older ones have it - it's a quick way to identify what version of 4.x it is. It was cool though! Cylon/Knight Rider mode...

MANN
03-04-2007, 01:45 PM
The versions of 4.x that are floating are not 4.20... either 4.0 or 4.1 probably. 4.x was never officially released. Unless there's been a breech of trust... 4.20 is only in the hands of a couple of people in the AGD circle.

4.20 is made obsolete by XMOD, which is available. 4.20 has a fix for the "full-auto" noise problems created by the marker that the older versions did not account for. I also explained the situation to Lorne, and I believe he has also taken care of it with XMOD.

So... use XMOD. It's better! :p

I also asked Lorne to not make 4.x available. It is AGD's software, not mine. TK did not want it released for legal reasons.

Thanks for the input. I have been reading some of the old threads from 04, and found the reasons that it is not availible/not around. (search is a very powerful function :p ).

I liked having the mod 2(or maybe 1 whichever one has the blocks going back and forth) function, and thought it would be nice for something to look at.
Thanks for your work with 4.2 it is nice, and imo a good software regardless of safey issues. :cheers:

MANN
03-04-2007, 01:46 PM
That was stripped from 4.20... only the older ones have it - it's a quick way to identify what version of 4.x it is. It was cool though! Cylon/Knight Rider mode...

huh. I thought mine was 4.2 so in reality its 4.1 or 4.0. thanks for clearing that up.

Miscue
03-04-2007, 01:52 PM
yep. is it hard to change it to say something else. I have had ee clases. i am assuming that its hexidecimal coding??

How the data is represented on screen depends on what you're using to edit the .hex file... such as the AVR Studio... which if I remember will display in ASCII too.

Miscue
03-04-2007, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the input. I have been reading some of the old threads from 04, and found the reasons that it is not availible/not around. (search is a very powerful function :p ).

I liked having the mod 2(or maybe 1 whichever one has the blocks going back and forth) function, and thought it would be nice for something to look at.
Thanks for your work with 4.2 it is nice, and imo a good software regardless of safey issues. :cheers:

Hey... I blame the hardware for that. :) The marker has a noise problem... sending false trigger inputs to the HES sensor when the solenoid is powered/magnetized. The original software did not take this into account, because it was an unknown/misunderstood problem at the time... on a marker without a magnetically sensitive switch... it would have worked perfectly.

BigEvil
03-04-2007, 02:02 PM

Lornecash can probably do that for you. He does custom versions and boot screens.

Miscue
03-04-2007, 02:09 PM
Lornecash can probably do that for you. He does custom versions and boot screens.

I'll keep that in mind. :rolleyes:

RRfireblade
03-04-2007, 03:08 PM
You've been loading 4.x for people? Urm... eh? Please use XMOD instead. :)

I don't load anything but 3.2 'for people' ;) X Mod is not AGD tested OR approved either as far as I know.

Programming a start up message is a whole other story and hardly anything to worry your pretty little head about IMO. :D

Miscue
03-06-2007, 11:09 PM
I don't load anything but 3.2 'for people' ;) X Mod is not AGD tested OR approved either as far as I know.

Programming a start up message is a whole other story...

Hurm... available AGD software doesn't have full alpha-character set or scrolling text. :confused:

RRfireblade
03-07-2007, 09:29 AM
Hurm... available AGD software doesn't have full alpha-character set or scrolling text. :confused:

Yeah , that's true. Then you don't get scrolling text if you have AGD software. ;)

I have and will program whatever they have to say what ever is possible with thier current software. I don't have any problem with that.

I like and have used Xmod myself but Lorne makes it available to the masses and doesn't benefit from the sale of it from others so it wouldn't seem right for me to promoteand gain from it , in addition to as I said , I haven't seen approval of it from AGD on thier markers so I won't subject myself to the liability till then.

Tracker
03-08-2007, 03:27 AM

ya know i seem to recall a dust black Xmag floating around town with "paintball makes me horny" as the startup screen :D, no idea how that got on there :rofl:

Tracker

Miscue
03-08-2007, 04:58 PM
ya know i seem to recall a dust black Xmag floating around town with "paintball makes me horny" as the startup screen :D, no idea how that got on there :rofl:

Tracker

Hehe... no idea!