PDA

View Full Version : ULE trigger

hjater
03-03-2007, 09:07 PM
ULE trigger pull kit fits in Emag, Xmag and X-Valves, it should not be used in an Emag or Xmag.

WHY????????????????????????

Pneumagger
03-03-2007, 11:56 PM
ULE trigger pull kit fits in Emag, Xmag and X-Valves, it should not be used in an Emag or Xmag.

WHY????????????????????????

the emag sear assembly is quite a bit larger and more complex. It has another arm, another clevis, and a magnetic plunger atached (for the solenoid). Because of all this added mass, a ULT can deliver inconsistent results when trying to push all that that around at high cycle rates. The on/off is the device that returns the sear to the closed position, and if it does so with less force, that means it resets the larger sear with much less speed.

Force=Mass*Acceleration

Essentially, an emag sear assembly has more mass. A ULT on/off delivers less force. Based on the basic equation of motion, you have made TWO changes that BOTH decrease the acceleration. Your sear now NOTICABLY resets slower.

Can a ULT work in an EMAG or XMAG... yes. Bt your max ROF is going to be slower, and if your solenoid is not 100% smooth sliding, you run a high risk of the whole think locking up on you. Go for it if you like, you won't hurt any of your components if that what your wondering.
:cheers:

hjater
03-04-2007, 12:10 AM
Thanks Pneumagger......

Lenny
03-04-2007, 05:12 AM
Nuclear Fission! :D

/I wish I could be all techie and smart once in a while
// :cry:

Toll
03-04-2007, 07:37 PM
If you were using an Emag valve on a pnuemag, would the ULT kit still be less than ideal?

Joni
03-05-2007, 02:07 AM
The E-mag valve in itself is no different from the X-valve, just different laser engraving. So if the pneumag setup runs fine on ULT, using an E-mag valve should make no difference.

I have heard that some pneu installs do better on a RT on/off and others do better with ULT. I guess it depends...