PDA

View Full Version : Pneumag Idea...

Papa_Smurf
03-04-2007, 12:41 AM
Summer is on it's way and while I dont have class(one more year till I get my Master of Business Admin!) I would love to have a project going on, and money for paintball is always nice.

I have built 6 Pneumag frames before. I was thinking about making a few at a time and selling them here to people that don't have the time or aren't comfortable doing it themselves.

Hypothetically speaking, if this was done on the Intelliframe platform what is an acceptable price? What would you pay for a readily available, pre-tuned, bolt on system.

Cost:
Intelliframe---------$119 new, around $85 used
Pneumatic parts----$ about 75
LPR------------------$20-$40

Total-----------------$180-$234+Labor

Zneaky
03-04-2007, 01:17 AM
I make my own, so i wouldn't pay for it...

Z

snoopay700
03-04-2007, 01:31 AM
I personally would make one myself.

p8ntbal4me
03-04-2007, 12:00 PM
The reason why no one offers this service now is fear of getting sued.

Not that your idea and sevrices are not good or something some AO'ers wouldnt pay for,...

... but in the world of patent holding jerks,... we dont have a product like this because someone is sitting on the idea already.

In a more happy mood, if it was avalible, I would buy 1.

cyrus-the-virus
03-04-2007, 12:06 PM
I'd buy one........if I wasen't already planning on making my Epneumatic frame...

sorry.

Try PBnation or specops.

bentothejam1n
03-04-2007, 01:13 PM
Summer is on it's way and while I dont have class(one more year till I get my Master of Business Admin!) I would love to have a project going on, and money for paintball is always nice.

I have built 6 Pneumag frames before. I was thinking about making a few at a time and selling them here to people that don't have the time or aren't comfortable doing it themselves.

Hypothetically speaking, if this was done on the Intelliframe platform what is an acceptable price? What would you pay for a readily available, pre-tuned, bolt on system.

Cost:
Intelliframe---------$119 new, around $85 used
Pneumatic parts----$ about 75
LPR------------------$20-$40

Total-----------------$180-$234+Labor
i fail to see how you get 75 for the pneumatic parts

wjr
03-04-2007, 02:54 PM
Pneumatic parts straight from the distrubutor:

MPA-3= $6
QEV= $5
Barbs= $.20 - .50
Hose= $.20 a foot
MSV-2= $11

That all = $25 give or take

I don't know if any of you remember, but I was going to have a pneumag frame made a while ago. I had the CAD and everything.

On;y problem was, the machinist tole me it'd be $200 a frame. :(

Cow123
03-04-2007, 03:18 PM
Pneumatic parts straight from the distrubutor:

MPA-3= $6
QEV= $5
Barbs= $.20 - .50
Hose= $.20 a foot
MSV-2= $11

That all = $25 give or take

I don't know if any of you remember, but I was going to have a pneumag frame made a while ago. I had the CAD and everything.

On;y problem was, the machinist tole me it'd be $200 a frame. :(

Hmm, so you meant to type 25 for the pneumatics and not 75?

To answer your original question, I would personally pay less than 200 dollars for it. If it was made by a real company that does it as it's job, I would be more at ease with the full price, and would be comforted to know I would be getting a great product backed with a warranty, etc. But from just some guy doing it(no offense to you and your technical skills in any way) I would probably just do it myself.

ProblemKinder
03-04-2007, 10:47 PM
can you do a Y-Grip? would you allow us to send you parts if we already have them for a discounted price?

mag_lover05
03-04-2007, 10:57 PM
pneumag frames are cool and all...but if you cant get someone out with an Xvalve and intelliframe...then you need to quit paintball.

that being said...i personally wouldnt buy one. but if i was into hosing paint, i would in a heartbeat just to stay away from batteries.

flyingpootang
03-05-2007, 12:50 AM
I would say around 150-175 since a LCE spyder frame and a T-board would be the same from lukescustoms.com It may be better if you offered a modding service for 40-50 (dremeled/drilled) 75-100 (milled) for labor only. and the parts would be supplied by the buyer.

Papa_Smurf
03-05-2007, 07:57 PM
I see...I wondered why nobody makes these in "production" or even really advertises that they will make them for you.

Yes...I did mean to type 25, not 75.

The whole patent situation is a bad deal, kind of ruins it for us tinkering types doesn't it?

Papa_Smurf
03-05-2007, 08:22 PM
can you do a Y-Grip? would you allow us to send you parts if we already have them for a discounted price?

Yes, PM me and we'll talk details.

p8ntbal4me
03-05-2007, 08:41 PM
Yes, PM me and we'll talk details.

Papa,... did u have to mill/cut any meat off to get stuff to "work" in the y-grip?

Papa_Smurf
03-05-2007, 10:04 PM
yes, some modification of the gripframe is required but you could get away with just drilling a few holes and tapping some of them.

If you want the LPR inside the grip it does get more involved.

Big Ben
03-06-2007, 08:44 AM
I am intersted, I have thought about making my own but paying for someone who has done it before seems like a fine thing to do. I will pm you.