PDA

View Full Version : on/off and barrel leak. help

spwz99
03-04-2007, 01:03 AM
I have a classic valve with a lvl 7 (.220 spacer) that is probably 6 years old. It has recently (last two days) begun leaking both down the barrel and from the on/off assembly. When I hold the trigger there is a very small leak down the barrel, but when I release the trigger, the leak gets much larger and seems to come from the on/off assembly. I have a Nitro Duck branded parts kit and have swapped out basically every o-ring in the gun to no avail. What could I be missing?

Thanks,
Steve

Coralis
03-04-2007, 12:58 PM
sounds like you need to replace the on/off orings and the power tube orings .... perhaps you just got a batch of bad orings in your parts kit , has happened to me once or twice over the years

or you could get a .225 spacer and try that

spwz99
03-04-2007, 02:47 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if the o-rings in the parts kit were bad. The reg seat that came in it doesn't 'snap' into place like its supposed to, and the white teflon o-rings are not quite the same as the original ones...I'm probably going to place an order with AGD today to get some genuine spares. I just need to know what all to order.

Coralis
03-04-2007, 04:37 PM
This is what you need agd parts kit (http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=7&categoryID=92) you could also order the oring separately if you wish

athomas
03-05-2007, 10:29 AM
I tried a cheaper aftermarket parts kit once. "Once" is the optium word there. I had nothing but trouble with the orings. The AGD orings are a much better quality oring.