PDA

View Full Version : lvl 10/ hyperframe/ ult problem

JJ8VAN
03-04-2007, 10:07 PM
Well, I had my Xvalve all tuned for my ULE mech mag, worked great, but now its on a twistlock rail with powerfeed body and a hyperframe. i decided to take one of the shims out of my ULT first because with my mech gun it was rediculously short pull (i couldnt even screw the on/off together fully because of all the shims).

Now when i shoot with the hyper it works fine shooting slow but when i really rip on it it will stop and the on/off doesnt reset. if i twist the barrel some (???) i hear a pshhhhh and then a click and its ready to shoot again. This happened at well over 2000 psi left in tank and the input psi was around 1100psi so i dont think air is the problem. also its not the batt because this is something happeneing with the sear not resetting... after a bit i can hear it 'pop' back into place

im not really sure where to start with this problem, level 10 or ULT .. i dont think its the hyperframe unless maybe sometimes the sear cant depress the noid enough and thus doesnt reset?

thanks
jj

flyingpootang
03-05-2007, 12:32 AM
For the bolt not reseting use the loosest carrier that dosent leak with 2 shims. Use a squigee about 1/4" awayfromthe face ofthe bolt and fire it. The bolt shoud hit the squigee and reset. If it dosen't add 1 shim at a time until it dose. If you use 3 or more shims in total you may need to use the next loosest carrier.

The ULT shims are for shortening the on/off pin. Start with 2 shims and the safety removed. With the marker aired and the bolt seated push the leg of the sear forward towards the trigger. If it moves forward subtract a shim. If it dosent move keep adding 1 shim at a time until the leg move forward when pushed or if it goes full auto remove 1 shim. Also note that once your properly adjusted there should be a small gap between the sear leg and the noid activation pin. It is adjusted by loosening the 4 grub screws ontop of the frame and moving the noid forward or aft. My settings on my Hyper Frame w/an X, L10, & ULT is 4/1/5. Also a trigger activation screw like the blade trigger made by matt at lukescustoms.com make the Hyper Frame a lot faster in semi...

athomas
03-05-2007, 10:25 AM
Sounds like a bolt stick problem. The barrel may be part of the cause if it isn't tight and centered in the body. Dye barrels were bad for this. You can correct it by wrapping tape around the barrel near the orings. This will help stabilize these loose fitting barrels and prevent rubbing on the bolt which causes bolt stick.

JJ8VAN
03-05-2007, 08:02 PM
ok thanks for the info. i never adjusted the noid position on the leg of the sear.. hopefully thats the problem. im goin to the field friday so well see then... if that doesnt work ill try to tighten the barrel fittin to stop bolt stick

thanks
jj