PDA

View Full Version : Hey Tom, can you help me with SFL questions ?

CFD323
01-03-2002, 03:29 PM
I just got off the phone with Bad Boyz Toyz (Kevin) down in Lansing. I was wanting to know if I could upgrade my stock Emag (serial #395) to an SFL Emag from Bad Boyz. He said they DO NOT sell just the SFL bodies and that I would have to buy the complete gun if I wanted to go with the SFL version. He also told me to contact AGD if I had any other questions. My question is this : Do you know if I will be able to upgrade to an SFL in the future ? It seems like Bad Boyz would have that answer but Kevin told me I would need to contact you for that info as they get the bodies from you guys and then they mill them out at Bad Boyz. Is the pre-milled body just an Extreme body or is it something different ?

The SFL looks like the biggest difference is the milled aluminum body. I know that it will also accomodate the ACE when it becomes available.

Thanks
Shawn

CFD323
01-03-2002, 03:32 PM
And speaking of the ACE, when will that be available ?

AGD
01-03-2002, 05:22 PM
The particular SFL body style is a Bad Boyz original and they want to sell them only as guns for now. Besides that there are only a limited number of bodies in the pipeline (<100) and they will all be sold as guns.

Once we get going on production you can get an Extreme body from us to upgrade your Emag. Yes you can upgrade to the ACE too!

Look for other custom bodies in the future, we will have some pics up soon of some ideas we are working on here at AGD.

AGD

Paul La Rue
01-03-2002, 05:55 PM
Are you saying that AGD will have custom milled Xtreme's available at some point?

Well, looks like I'll be waiting for one of those. ;-)

Johnny Bravo
01-03-2002, 10:23 PM
Tom,
If I bought an SFL w/o the ACE. Could I send it in to you guys to install one? If so how much would that be?

AGD
01-03-2002, 10:31 PM
ALL SFL's will be upgraded to ACE at no charge. They will be happening in the next few weeks.

AGD

CRASHKING
01-04-2002, 12:38 AM
so if what im hearing sfl will come with ace when u purchase the marker within the next couple of weeks????
ADG designes, makes, and sells the greatest guns in the world. (in my opinion and i dont even own a mag(yet))

whats so stupid is that those $1800 dollar angels dont have an ace sytem included

or am what im hearing is that u buy the sfl and u send it in to AGD to get ace put in????

deded
01-04-2002, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Paul La Rue
Are you saying that AGD will have custom milled Xtreme's available at some point?

Well, looks like I'll be waiting for one of those. ;-)

check this out

http://www.airgun.com/Europe/Xtreme.html

especially this part

The aluminum body reduces the weight of the marker by approx
2-3 ozs, but with the introduction of our new Cut & Carve version,
coming soon, we hope to reduce the weight even further

AGD
01-04-2002, 12:51 AM
Crash,

If you bought one tommorow it would not have the ACE and you would have to send it to us to get upgraded. If you wait an bit and we upgrade the SFL's still at BBT then you get one when you order it. We are considering these first 25 or so as pre production, THIS IS THE TEST PHASE! I don't want any crap about we should have tested them before we released it. All the testing we have done so far they work great. We have NOT tested it with all paints and temps etc.

Kila got the first one, Manny is getting the second and then we go through the rest.

AGD

CRASHKING
01-04-2002, 01:00 AM
kewl i was just wondering what the deal is with getting ace in the sfl's

i cant wait to get money to get one

thanks Tom your the greatest

this is the greatest paintball gun forum, u get answers from some of the best people that actually know what there talking about

CFD323
01-04-2002, 07:35 AM
How well do SFL's feed paint ? I talked to an AGD tech recently and he said there is definitely a difference between the powerfeed and vertical feed Emags, with powerfeed being better. He said it will be a moot point once the ACE's are out but until then, if I get an SFL is it gonna not feed very well when rapid firing since it
s a vert feed ?

Also, I assume with the SFL's, I still get the full warranty/customer care I get with a stock Emag right ? Any problems with it, I send it back to AGD and not Bad Boyz right ?

CRASHKING
01-04-2002, 11:49 AM
yeah thats another question i was wondering about

with sfl's if something goes wrong, who do we send it to AGD or BBT?

PaInTbALL zAcH
01-04-2002, 01:12 PM
all bbt does is put on the new bodies. You would probably send the gun to airgun designs because they still made all the functional parts

AGD
01-04-2002, 02:05 PM
You send the SFL's to us for fixing. The Extreme/SFL's are a whole different animal than the regular Emags/Mags and they do feed better with vert feeds but still limited to the loader. You will be hearing a lot in the future about CBG "Controlled Breach Geometry"

AGD

Load SM5
01-04-2002, 02:39 PM
I talked to Kevin this morning and ordered my SFL. He told me he was'nt even aware that the extreem type bodies were going to be offered with an ACE until yesterday when someone called and asked him about them...efdff I suppose.

CFD323
01-04-2002, 04:16 PM
What is different that the SFL's would feed better vertically than the stock Emags with powerfeeds ? That must be the "CBG" huh ;)

CFD323
01-04-2002, 04:20 PM
Hey LoadSM5, did your SFL come with a barrel or not ? I've heard some people say it comes with a matching boomstick but I forgot to ask the other day when I talked to Kevin. Did you sell your stock Emag ? If so, how much did you get for it ? I'm thinking about selling my Emag and getting as SFL too. Did Bad Boyz Toyz tell you what colors they have ?
Let me know how it compares to the stock Emag when you get it. I'm very interested in it.

CFD323
01-04-2002, 04:38 PM
Hey Tom, is the ACE gonna have to be adjusted for different paints all the time ? Sometimes I shoot a mixture of different colored paint and I don't want to have feed problems.

Thanks a lot for all the help !
Shawn
Emag #395

Load SM5
01-04-2002, 04:58 PM
The boomstick is extra and it does match. You can get an ultra-lite barrel but it's only $10 cheaper and only comes in black. I went for the boomer.

I sold my e-mag and stuff for $775.

Kevin did'nt say how many colors they had but it sounds like they have a good amount to choose from I went for the gun metal/pewter color and he asked if I wanted flat or gloss finish. It just sounded to me like they have plenty to choose from. They also sent it out today so they have them in stock ready to go. They're getting ready for a few big tourneys like Mardi Gras open later this month so they are getting their stock up.

I'll let everyone know how it works. Trust me. I'll compare it to my old E-mag.