PDA

View Full Version : RT classic problems

Chobahk
03-05-2007, 08:10 AM
Okay I just got my RT last week and played with it this weekend and had some problems that maybe someone here can help me diagnose. First a little background, I bought my first mag (lvl 6) way back in the early 90s but sold it in 2001, so I am somewhat familar with the classic valve but its been awhile. As for teh gun, it is a RT classic with lvl 10 bolt. When I got it he had the hose running from the ASA straight to the valve. I aired it up and it worked fine. I took it home and changed the air path to now go through the gas through grip. Also I added the intelliframe (see my other post about troubles with that...) I had to drill out the back of the intelliframe to get it to fit on the marker. When I gassed it up everything sealed fine, and shot fine for 5-10 shots then on the last pull no shot just kind of a mushy feeling and then the trigger pin didn't snap back. I took the tank of and put it back on, the trigger pin popped out, but then mush...So I replaced the gripframe back to the benchy single trigger and the marker seemed to work but then I ran out of air. Now to yesterday... I got my tank filled and put the intelliframe on it, the marker fired 5-10 times then mush and no more firing...So back to the benchy and I played like 4 games with it and it worked fine (and man is it fun to play with mags....) Anyway, I loaned it to a team mate and he had the same problems the whole mushy last trigger pull then nothing, even with the benchy. I took it about and dropped oil into the on/off assembly, but no joy things still didn't want to work. So what I am asking now is where to start looking for the problem? I have some extra orings but not a full rebuild kit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

MANN
03-05-2007, 09:01 AM
It sounds like your sear pin needs to be shortened/lengthened (if those are words?) When you gas up your gun your sear should not touch your trigger. It should be ~ 1mm behind it. Benchmark frames and AGD frames are totaly different, so that would explain why the gun worked with one, and not the other. Check that, and get back with us.

:cheers:

Chobahk
03-05-2007, 09:16 AM
Okay I did some playing with it and can do more, the trigger rod (connected to the sear pin) is loose so that maybe why it worked for a bit then stopped... Okay thanks I will try it tonight and let you know.

MANN
03-05-2007, 09:21 AM
loose?? yeah thats not good. Try to tighten it, or put some locktite on it once you get it where it needs to be. That was my bad earlier. The correct work would be trigger pin. The sear pin is what the sear rotates on.

athomas
03-05-2007, 10:16 AM
...just kind of a mushy feeling and then the trigger pin didn't snap back. I took the tank of and put it back on, the trigger pin popped out, but then mush...
Sounds like level 10 bolt stick. Try the next larger carrier in the powertube. Do this without any shims to make sure no leaking is caused by the shims.

Chobahk
03-05-2007, 10:59 AM
Would that cause the intermitant problem I am seeing? If so I will need to order the parts as I didn't get any extra parts when I bought the gun.

athomas
03-05-2007, 04:22 PM
Yes, bolt stick due to a carrier that is too tight could cause the problems you are seeing.