PDA

View Full Version : Remote or Tank on the Gun???

Farlow
01-03-2002, 03:44 PM
I always liked running a tank remote. I now have an RT Pro. Is there any difference running the tank remote or having it on the gun? I have noticed most people have their tank on the gun. Have I been missing out on something all these years?

paintbattler
01-03-2002, 04:37 PM
well u havent missed out on nuttin but if you get a drop or a cradle it is juz as good as a remote. all a remote does is filter out the co2 and so u wont get liquid co2

The Mag Man
01-03-2002, 04:44 PM
I've use to run remote on my Automag but then I purchased a PMI perfect craddle. I love this a lot more than my remote because my gun is not always tetherd to me.

PyRo
01-03-2002, 06:50 PM
Most people have the tank on the gun. I don't realy know why that is, the only advantage i could think of is your not always attached to your gun, and easier to fill the tank.

PowderdToastMan
01-03-2002, 06:52 PM
i use a remote on my mag because i dont like to carry that hefty tank, i also think its easier to move around. some people say that a cradle is more comfortable.

drx975
01-03-2002, 07:45 PM
I don't think there is any difference, its just a matter of preference. I use a remote with my co2 for obvious reasons, but when I get HPA I will still use it because I like the way the gun feels. I picked up my friends evil autococker before with the tank on the gun and god is it heavy. I think if you play a lot of speedball it would be a better idea to go remote, because it will be easier to whip the gun around.

ShinyGuy
01-03-2002, 08:59 PM
Its mostly personal preference. I don't like having a big tank on my gun. Other people don't like having it on their back. With an RT you may have issues with the remote starving the gun but I know there are plenty of remotes that flow enough air so its not a common problem.