PDA

View Full Version : Shortening PF Tube

chadlh
03-05-2007, 05:58 PM
I was wondering if it's possible to shorten a left PF tube so that it doesn't stick out as much? I'll be using a Q-Loader so I guess it won't need as much tube sticking out to still work. I'm getting a RT Pro and am sort of pre-planning the layout and trying to figure things out.

Thanks for your help

Chad

MANN
03-05-2007, 06:20 PM
I do it to all of my "loaner guns" I just use a pipe cutter, and then dremel the inside to make it smooth. It gives it a even cut, and is quick and easy.

chadlh
03-05-2007, 07:36 PM
Seeing as I've never had an automag in hand and am still learning the mechanical workings of it... I was wondering if the other side of the tube (think it has a black cap/plug??) can be made a little more low profile or is that the ball detent?? Still figuring this all out... Can't afford a warp left body I'm so doing the best I can to sort of make it look slimmer.

ta2maki
03-05-2007, 07:39 PM
I do it to all of my "loaner guns" I just use a pipe cutter, and then dremel the inside to make it smooth. It gives it a even cut, and is quick and easy.

Hey that's a great idea. I've been using a 14" chop saw, quick, but not as easy.

FARMER00
03-05-2007, 08:13 PM
http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=211549

not an RT but u can still do the same