PDA

View Full Version : Having a heck of a time finding a fifth.....

punkncat
03-05-2007, 11:37 PM
For those of you keeping score...lol. You may remember a while back my post about a sponsorship for the upcoming 08 CFOA season. "Our" team, to which I am actually a transplant, started like so many others with wide eyed ambition, and hopes of glory. I was picked up (as the fifth) by the team at scrimmage last year, right before this offer was made to us.

The team was made up of young guys in their 20's, a young guy in his teens, and me the old guy at 36...living a second childhood.

Life caught up to the team and the realities of getting together a roster of like minded, or at least tolerable people is more difficult than it seems. Two of the original players had life, jobs, marriage, and home catch up to them and for the most part eliminate their ability to play and practice with the team. Our youngest player had a friend who was interested and has scrimmaged with us but is very uncommited and unreliable.

In essence we are a team of three (and a half) looking to build up to 6 before next year.Our plan is to play a few of the local CFOA events this year in the beginner or rookie division and see what needs work, but cannot do this w/o a few more players.
We have an excellent base but cannot seem to find a few decent front players. Everyone who show intrest wants to play back. We have been unable to keep a few front guys longer than a scrimmage or two. When we DO happen to find a competent guy or two to step in, they are either too broke or have too much else going to be able to stay with the team. We have excellent teams to scrimmage with, well beyone our own ability, and what nice is that they don't mind helping us out.

I am amazed at how hard it is for us to find prospective players. I mean how many people WORK to try and get a sponsorship of any kind, and can't. Once you have it constantly having to worry about performing well in order to keep it. We have the once in a lifetime situation for a season and can't find anyone to fill the holes......

MisterBones25
03-06-2007, 08:45 AM
thats horible. where do you guys play?

mr.mag218
03-06-2007, 03:11 PM
http://www.giftsinternational.net/products/jackdaniels.jpg :cheers:

SummaryJudgement
03-06-2007, 03:38 PM
Yeah, where you be at?! I'm out of shape, un-employed, and car-less in LA. Other than that, I'd like to play :rofl:

punkncat
03-06-2007, 07:53 PM
Sorry I should have mentioned this is in the S Atl, Ga area. Not that I was intentionally polling here looking for a player. I just wonder what will entice these players to commit, and if other have a similar problem finding people that want to play, for real.

I really wish we could get Jack to play with us as the front man. He is so loose, but yet so rowdy at the same time. Perfect guy to have around...... :D

Cow123
03-06-2007, 08:15 PM
What fields do you practice at?

punkncat
03-06-2007, 08:59 PM
Mostly at Bville Paintball. We will be playing at Windy Hill, Dan's, and Classic in the next month.

CKY_Alliance
03-06-2007, 10:25 PM
We have the same problem..we have a solid 3, to 3 1/2...(dont ask how we have a half..) and it's just hard to find good,commited players..so this event we picked up 3 "free agents"...it wont be the same..and I dont think i will personally play as well not knowing the guy shooting lanes for me or the guy holding down my left tape....You guys aren't to far from me..we play SCPFOA..if you ever wanna play one lemme know..I'm sure next event we will need atleast one or two players..

Oh have you made this exact post before?...I had a strange feeling of familiarity while reading the post...And by familiar I mean I felt like I have read the exact same post before.