PDA

View Full Version : R/T Classic Upgrade Part??

p8ntbal4me
03-07-2007, 12:41 AM
R/T Classic valve screw bushing shown here (http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=367&categoryID=9) on the AGD online store.

Its not listed for sale,... but a part none the less.

Where can I buy a few of these??

FlawleZ
03-07-2007, 01:11 AM
R/T Classic valve screw bushing shown here (http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=367&categoryID=9) on the AGD online store.

I'm sure if you contacted AGD, they could send some your way.

Beemer
03-07-2007, 01:28 AM

Its right here silly. :cheers:

http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=403&categoryID=92

p8ntbal4me
03-07-2007, 03:56 AM
Its right here silly. :cheers:

http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=403&categoryID=92

Thats the rail bushing for the front of the trigger frame.

I saw that one.

The one I need is the width (externally) of the Banjo Screw and the width (interally) of the diameter of a standard valve/frame retaining screw.

,... and so the quest goes on!

BigEvil
03-07-2007, 04:58 AM
Call them.

Chronobreak
03-07-2007, 01:45 PM
Thats the rail bushing for the front of the trigger frame.

I saw that one.

The one I need is the width (externally) of the Banjo Screw and the width (interally) of the diameter of a standard valve/frame retaining screw.

,... and so the quest goes on!

i thought they were the same...ones used.

and there isnt a bushing on the front...

also i assume your using a regular valve now? since you need the banjo/gas thru for classic rt's

GT
03-07-2007, 03:33 PM
I'd have to check but I think you can use a lvl10 spacer?

originalspyderxtra
03-07-2007, 03:47 PM
so from what im reading basically all you need to make the r/t compatable with anyhting is a brass spacer. but ive been told that r/t rails arent compatable with other bodies. are they specally making ule that fit the r/t rail for this service?

Chronobreak
03-07-2007, 04:01 PM
so from what im reading basically all you need to make the r/t compatable with anyhting is a brass spacer. but ive been told that r/t rails arent compatable with other bodies. are they specally making ule that fit the r/t rail for this service?

modding a ule to fit is not difficult at all

all you need to do is make a rear sleeve(optional i think) and mill the front frame mount to a circle isntead of an ovaly rectangle

originalspyderxtra
03-07-2007, 04:07 PM
i see, not to hijack but i could do the same using a minimag body, i had a tread made but didnt get a way to mod, pm me so we dont clutter the thread.

now im thinking if i called them they could do like a combo, like i could send my valve and get the valve wap price for the x-valve? or just have the mod done to accept regular bodies cause i wanted to put my minimag body on my new r/t

p8ntbal4me
03-07-2007, 05:54 PM
I called AGD today.

I was told that they are not in stock, they have been out of stock for a little while now.

I am to call them back next week on Wednesday and see if they have arrived.

I might not have purchased one yet,... but at least they gave me a reason and an solution before hanging up the phone! :)

I'll post back here with more info.

p8ntbal4me
03-07-2007, 06:01 PM

With this part, it takes up the space from the outside of the Banjo screw to the outside diameter of the field strip screw we use today.

Think of it as a wide shim or bushing.

With this part you can not just upgrade your whole R/T.

You still need to use a newer valve, and you cant use the air route or hard line ports on the side of the R/T rail like it came stock from AGD.

You must run the hardline (swap it out for macro line) from the front gas thru fore grip into the new valve.

In addition to being able to upgrade your valve use on the R/T, you can use the Intelli-frame of something else common to todays AGD stanards.

One thing I want to point out. You cant just throw a X-Valve into a stock classic R/T SS body without modifying the body to take the valve.

I had an extra body that was given to me for my EP Kit testing, so I cut the back of the body off and made it to fit a new valve (took about 30 seconds)

AGD offers an "RT Exchange Upgrade Option" on the online store web site.

I want this part because it will make the gun I built work as is.

Paintchucker
03-07-2007, 06:08 PM
Try looking at the specialty parts in the nuts and bolts section of a hardware store. I have seen very similar things...

In the mean time, will the original banjo bolt screw work? I am not sure what that looks like where it screws into the valve.

If you can't find one, you could always find a straw of the correct diameter inside for the screw and wrap a little tape around it for the outside diameter... It would look a little ghetto but would function okay. :rolleyes:

p8ntbal4me
03-14-2007, 05:26 PM
Edit:

I called back today and they have the parts.

I snagged up 3 just in case.

Anyone wants some of these,.. might wanna call and get em!

----------------------------------------------------

I called AGD back today as they requested.

The part I am seeking will be ready tomorrow. Im gonna snag a few for a project later on.

They are not exactly what everyone was thinking as far as a Power Tube Spacer,.. but simular.

In case anyone wanted to mod their R/T from the old days, this may be something you'll wanna snatch up!