PDA

View Full Version : wire detent

natedogg
01-03-2002, 05:02 PM
why in the world did tom kaye decide to use this retarded wire detent....its got to be the dumbest design ever.....the classic mag is a work of art.....why top it off with this stupid piece of crap wire that never stays in place!!!!!...how do i keep it in place?????

p8ntballa
01-03-2002, 05:03 PM
well..umm do you have orings around it?

TITAN
01-03-2002, 05:04 PM
it should stay in play if you have have barrel o-rings on:confused:

natedogg
01-03-2002, 05:11 PM
are those the two orings that came with it?

TITAN
01-03-2002, 05:14 PM
they are the two orings that go on the barrel and hold the nubin in place

natedogg
01-03-2002, 05:16 PM
they seemed a little small tho...i only put one on the first time so i guess thats why it didnt seem to seal to well

Paintchucker
01-03-2002, 06:29 PM
I had a little trouble putting mine on too! Here is the trick I used to finally get them on. Take a short piece of coathanger wire and bend it into a v shape. Put the two ends of the wire over the end of the barrel and slide the O-ring on from the pointy end until it is over the groove in the barrel and then carefully slide the coathanger wire out!!!

Also, there are two types of wire nubbins. One has an end shaped like a P and the other one's end is shaped like a V. I recently got a new P nubbin in a parts kit and it kinda ate the end of my bolt (PTP bolt not the stock stainless one) and put a nick in the barrel. My recommendation is not to use the P nubbins... Use the V nubbins or the new delrin ones.

Omicron
01-03-2002, 06:39 PM
natedogg, don't call something "retarded" just because you can't use it. Ask nicely first...

:D