PDA

View Full Version : Pneumag firing problems???

cyberave68
03-07-2007, 10:46 AM
I'll try to keep it simple.

X-valve with level X and ULT and intelli with pneu's installed.

When dry firing the gun shoots pretty darn fast and I can walk the trigger pretty good. Now when I add paint and fire, I get what seems to be short stroking? It also seems to have an ON/OFF problem. After shooting about 500-700 dry shots the on off seems to stick. If i oil it it goes away for a bit then starts right back up. I have a halo b with the bone pack and a speed wheel. I don’t think I am out shooting the loader. I did break a couple of balls in the end of the barrel which leads me to believe the short stroking? Any ideas what might change between dry fire and with paint? Any info/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Cyberave68

RobOpel
03-07-2007, 12:26 PM
I could be wrong but Ill give you what I think of right off the bat.

For the shortstroking w/ paint, try adjusting your lvl 10. It sounds like maybe your spring could be too strong or you could just need to up your velocity. I assume since its doing something odd w/ short stroking you havent been able to chrono effectively.

As for the ULT, what Ive found to work really well with mine is white lithium grease, like shocker lube. I got a big tube of the stuff at home depot for like $7 or something

I was having similar problems with mine last time I played with it, except my bolt was sticking forward (first time Id aired up the xvalve/lvl10/ult combo). All I had to do was put a good deal of grease on the on/off, change to a stronger spring and up the velocity by a bunch. Everything worked flawlessly after that.

HTH

Rob

cyberave68
03-07-2007, 01:19 PM
Thanks RobOpel,

I do have DOW33 on the ULT. Did that after i posted. Dont know if that will fix anything yet due to i'm out of air(Go figure) I havent checked the chrono speed yet? Guess I'm off to the feild tonight to test it with a possilbe spring change....

Pneumagger
03-07-2007, 02:52 PM
try tossing an rt on/off in there. if your prolem's the on/off - you'll find out right there.

Also, be sure your trigger stops aren't too short. If the pull is barely minimal, your starving the MPA-3 @ high ROF. Same goes for the LPR, you should have a confident positive pressure going for you