PDA

View Full Version : New Guy saying hello

vrmilionzx
03-07-2007, 10:57 AM
Hey All,
Just wanted to say hello. I just picked up an Automag (I think it is a pretty much stock 68), and just joined the forum. I have been doing a lot of reading, and learning here, and though I'd introduce myself.
Sorry, no silly newb questions at the moment, but rest assured, there might be some coming soon.
I have had a few markers in the past, but this is my first Mag, and my first "good" gun. I got really lucky, and picked it up for $50 locally. I thought it would have to be a project, but the damn thing works great as is! Just another testament to the resiliance of the Mag that I keep reading about on here. I will try to upload a pic as soon as I have some time.
Nice to meet everyone!

Robert

tech-chan
03-07-2007, 11:02 AM
Good to meet you, now go check this forum and see if you've won a 1000 dollars!
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=211583

cyberave68
03-07-2007, 11:09 AM
Welcome to the Gun Club.
May your Mag always shoot straight. Oh wait it's a Mag no problem there...

Tac-OneFun
03-07-2007, 11:16 AM
hardy har.

gj on picking up the mag. an oldie but a goodie.

MiniSpdRcr
03-07-2007, 11:19 AM
Welcome to the best family out there.

turbo chicken
03-07-2007, 11:21 AM
welcom ney guy ... there's lots of great people on this board ...

Kick off your shoes and grab a drink (points to the cooler in the corner) ... if your under 21 get a cola ... make yourself at home.

robnix
03-07-2007, 11:29 AM
Hey All,
Just wanted to say hello. I just picked up an Automag (I think it is a pretty much stock 68), and just joined the forum. I have been doing a lot of reading, and learning here, and though I'd introduce myself.
Sorry, no silly newb questions at the moment, but rest assured, there might be some coming soon.
I have had a few markers in the past, but this is my first Mag, and my first "good" gun. I got really lucky, and picked it up for $50 locally. I thought it would have to be a project, but the damn thing works great as is! Just another testament to the resiliance of the Mag that I keep reading about on here. I will try to upload a pic as soon as I have some time.
Nice to meet everyone!

Robert

Welcome to the club! $50.00? :clap:

vrmilionzx
03-07-2007, 11:39 AM
Definitely over 21, and plan on having a drink on friday :cheers: , when i take it out back to "tune", and see what it can really do.
I ordered an HPA tank from Mann, have a hopper at a friend's house, and all I need to pick up is a drop forward and an elbow. Then on Saturday, game on!
I took it by a local shop (Velocity, for those in San Diego), and they said it looks like it has a level 10 upgrade, which I also researched, and I am pretty excited about too! They were only unsure about one part, but I can't recall. I will see if I can get a good pic of it taken apart, and pick everyone's brains. I didn't do the finger test, but I stuck a pen in there, and it felt like it might still be hitting a little hard, so I'm not too sure. All I know is that the 15-20 rounds i fired to test it out after the first disassembly/oiling were all pretty much dead on my target.
Thanks for the kind welcome, and I will also see if I can figure out (however unlikely) if i scored the Ti valve.
Later!

Robert

Oh, and the $50 was because the guy had left it sitting in the back of his closet for "a long time" whatever that is. he said he'd built it from two mags that he had, and never used it. That's why I thought it might turn into a project/rebuild. But yes, the price was too good to pass up, even if it DID turn out to be a project!

georgeyew
03-07-2007, 11:53 AM
Welcome and I hope that you enjoy the marker. Soon you'll be obsessed with upgrading parts on your mag...it's fun.

paintballfiend
03-07-2007, 11:56 AM
Better late than never. Welcome to the AO Partay.

d4m4don3
03-07-2007, 12:32 PM
Welcome to the family. :cheers:

If you go to velocity then you should eventually run into some of the other mag users around there. There's quite a few in SD. :D

cyrus-the-virus
03-07-2007, 12:39 PM
Welcome to the forums.

play nice or we'll kill you......jk, enjoy the mag.

Smoothice
03-07-2007, 03:30 PM
Welcome to the family.

The best advice I can give you is to hide your wallet. The more you visit this forum the more money you will want to spend on upgrades.

Also if you are in the Socal area you should post on this thread:

Socal Players list (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=203780)

You should also try and make it to the next AO Socal day in S.D at Velocity

AO So Cal day (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=209419&page=1&pp=30)

Welcome!

originalspyderxtra
03-07-2007, 06:33 PM
welcome i pretty new here myself. i also picked up my first mag for 50 bucks. its a classic mag with intelliframe and 16 in allamerican twistlock. i love it to death almost as much as my cocker.

Ninjeff
03-07-2007, 06:44 PM
WELCOME SIR! :headbang:

ProblemKinder
03-07-2007, 09:53 PM
50 bucks?? i saw two old mags at my local shop (iowa) one for 400 the other for 300. (not sure if he realizes i can buy a brandy new one for like 350) 50 bucks is a steal!

yah i just saw those mags today, it was cool cuz i'd never seen a classic 68 in person until now.

BTW there's a ref at velocity paintball named Andy with a pretty nice E-mag i think he ordered it from the netherlands or something.

jenarelJAM
03-07-2007, 10:46 PM
50 bucks?? i saw two old mags at my local shop (iowa) one for 400 the other for 300. (not sure if he realizes i can buy a brandy new one for like 350) 50 bucks is a steal!

yah i just saw those mags today, it was cool cuz i'd never seen a classic 68 in person until now.

BTW there's a ref at velocity paintball named Andy with a pretty nice E-mag i think he ordered it from the netherlands or something.
I think the ones you're talking about are probably RT's.
His is a 68.
Still, for $50 I'd definately snatch it up, and I have no need or want for another marker at the moment.

ProblemKinder
03-08-2007, 04:03 PM
can a mag be an RT and have the 68 classic valve? i don't know much about the exchangability of the guns, i know one of the mags in the shop had the 68 classic valve, that was going for 300 :confused:

FlawleZ
03-08-2007, 06:14 PM
can a mag be an RT and have the 68 classic valve? i don't know much about the exchangability of the guns, i know one of the mags in the shop had the 68 classic valve, that was going for 300 :confused:

No. Actually what makes an "RT" an "RT" is JUST the valve. It must have an "RT" Valve, "Retro" valve, "X" valve, or "Emag" valve to be a legit RT. There are other variations and names for the "RT" valve, but if its a classic valve its not an RT Mag.

PumpMag
03-09-2007, 01:41 AM
vrmilionzx,

Welcome to AO! :)