PDA

View Full Version : What's so special about the E-Mag rail?

Empyreal Rogue
03-07-2007, 02:54 PM
I've never owned an E or X-Mag, so I please treat me like I know nothing on either (Since I don't).

What is it that makes the E-Mag rail so special? Why are only certain rails compatible with the frame and battery pack? Does that have something to do with the sears (R/T vs. E-Mag)? If this is the only issue, could a R/T rail be converted to hold an E-Mag sear? Like, say, an Omega Rail?

olinar
03-07-2007, 04:52 PM
all rt pro rails will work with an emag, because you need to have the sear pin screw in to the rail. an omega rail will work just fine.

Empyreal Rogue
03-08-2007, 01:41 AM
hmm... Wonder where I got that idea then.

No matter. Thanks.

Tunaman
03-08-2007, 05:42 AM
all rt pro rails will work with an emag, because you need to have the sear pin screw in to the rail. an omega rail will work just fine.No it wont. The Omega rail is meant for a mag sear only. ;)

Empyreal Rogue
03-12-2007, 03:36 PM
No it wont. The Omega rail is meant for a mag sear only. ;)

I knew I was right, but I needed to double check just to be sure. I'm glad I did.

If the E-Mag rail is longer to accommodate the battery pack, does that fact alone mean it would be impossible to convert an Omega Rail to work with an E-Mag?

captian pinky
03-12-2007, 05:15 PM
couldnt you just drill all that extra stuff out of the sear and then it would fit