PDA

View Full Version : Tac-one

FIST2CUFF
03-07-2007, 05:51 PM
Hello all. I have posted a few questions before and have been given great help and for that I say "Thanks" Now I have yet another question. As stated before I am still a noob to AGD markers but learning. Now I am a scenerio player and I REALLY like the Tac-one. A Tac-one warp left mainbody with a warp feed would be the BOMB to lower my profile. I have checked out the other frames (pro classic, minimag) and really like the Tac-one warp left mainbody!! My problem is that even though I really like the Tac-one I really do not like double triggers. My question is can I use a carbon fiber grip frame instead of an intelliframe? Is this freakish to the point I will be banned from the forum :wow:

mclaggan123
03-07-2007, 05:59 PM
yes you can use the trigger frame and no you wont be banned. my friend put a benchmark trigger frame on his.

olinar
03-07-2007, 06:01 PM
i hvae got the exact set up actually and it really adds to the scenario feel.plus i am using mine with an adjustable and i find i can bounce alot better with a single trigger.

Spider-TW
03-07-2007, 06:17 PM
The market is pretty good for the intelliframe too!

FIST2CUFF
03-07-2007, 06:58 PM
i hvae got the exact set up actually and it really adds to the scenario feel.plus i am using mine with an adjustable and i find i can bounce alot better with a single trigger.
You mentioned an "adjustable" What type of trigger are you talking about?

Thanna
03-07-2007, 07:28 PM
I think Olinar meant adjustable tank regulator to bring the psi up to 900+. :D

FIST2CUFF
03-07-2007, 07:37 PM
I think Olinar meant adjustable tank regulator to bring the psi up to 900+. :D
AAAAHHHHHHH OK. Thanks for the help fellas!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Thanna
03-07-2007, 07:41 PM
Although the intelliframe wouldn't be too bad to have as a grip on a bullpup mag mod. :cool:

DSR75
03-07-2007, 07:42 PM
I use a classic frame on my tac one. I was using a grip styx single trigger frame for a while too.

olinar
03-07-2007, 10:20 PM
ya im using an adjustable tank. it really helps gain the speed that is lost when using a mechanical marker. its actually very controllable and great for recball but i believe its illegal for tournament use.

FIST2CUFF
03-08-2007, 07:03 PM
Just wanted to say that I took the plunge and ordered a Tac-one today. :dance: Man I cannot wait!! :bounce: Also wanted to say thanks again for all the great help!! :headbang: :cheers:

peeeto
03-13-2007, 08:52 AM
i'll be getting a TacOne soon also, and am similarly interested in single-trigger...

does anyone know if AGD can/will sell the marker with single trigger frame right off the bat? (with or without associated price reduction - i'd be willing to pay the full regular price for not having to go through the hassle of selling the intelliframe, buying single, installing, tuning, etc...).

when i order mine, i'll be calling to ask them that, but just wanted to ask here first, in case anyone had any thoughts...

PeterZ
03-13-2007, 04:56 PM
I hope I am not coming in at a bad time but I just had to add my 2 cents...

Let me preface this by saying I am a mag freak! I've had Shockers, AKA Excal, an Ion... NONE compare to the feel and shooting quality of the mag.

That being said, I think the warp left (or right) Tac One body is a total waste of time and money! While I applaud AGD for their fine, fine markers, I boo this particular body. The issue, I feel is that you only get ONE RAIL out of a warp tac... the top one. AND it is pushed all the way up front. Being a scenario player myself, I felt AGD should have thought about this a bit more and NOT just pumped out a marker that looked cool. Scenario players want cool looks AND function. If you have a warp left Tac then your left rail is useless due to the warp input and the right is useless due to air hosing. If you wanted to rig something to the right, you could but it would be real ugly. So, you say we are getting something from a warp tac... a lower profile. True. But, it is obvious that AGD didnt do a redesign to accomodate the warp, they just slapped the input on the side of a tac body!

Not to mention it... THE TACS ARE HEAVY!!! Yeah, I said it. I think that to be a great scenario player you have got to be fast. Speed does not come with weight and is not only for the speedballers! A Tac with a warp feeder... DAMN HEAVY! I have a warp fed ULE and it still is weighty. Mind you, I am milling the tac that I own (vert fed) down to a mini tac one to get it down in weight a bit. I used to use the tac mainly at night scenarios because I love mounting a light and red dot. I still will but not until I bring down the weight.

All in all, I hope AGD is listening and I will be the first in line to buy a ULE Tac body thats warped with a top rail that extends from the front to the back of the marker. Also, They can bail on a rail on the air hose side (waste) and on the warp bodies input side, please have the rail AFTER the warp input, before the barrel. That would allow me to mount a scope up top where it belongs and a tac light on the side. I cant think of something I would need mounted behind the warp port... either a scope or a light would be blocked by the port itself!

Oh yeah... If you are making a gat where you have the capability of mounting a tac light with a pressure switch, you might want to make a rail where I can actually mount a pressure switch! On the one hand I applaud the lighter rail design, on the other the scoops in the rail do not allow mounting a velcro sticky (usually on a flat surface) where I can plant my light switch by my thumb (above the foregrip). For this, I would rather the RPG Shadow rail... lighter and better manueverability in foregrip placement (but an extra 85 bucks). Some people also like a single trigger... Maybe AGD can offer a build a mag section on their site and people can make their mags as custom as possible to fit their needs! THAT would rule and give AGD an edge over all other companies out there, imho.

BOTTOM LINE: dont make a scenario gun just because the demand is there and it is a cool market! People in the scenario world expect their gear to have functionality that enhances their game play... we DEMAND it! The Regular tac one is okay... but if you want to make a better gat LISTEN TO SCENARIO PLAYERS and their needs and how functionality effects their game play. Trust me, I will buy it if it is well made... I am a grown man with a great job and plenty of spending dough! heheheh :rofl: Scenario ball may be the cool new thing for companies to cater to...THATS GREAT, I play scenario! BUT dont do it and not have your stuff together! R & D people!

I LOVE YOU AGD, REALLY I DO. AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED YOU ARE THE GREATEST MARKER MANUFACTURER OUT THERE PERIOD. But that doesnt mean you cant improve right? If you want me re-design the tac body I will! Just give me a couple when you are done! :cheers:

Drego
03-13-2007, 10:45 PM

Let me preface this by saying I am a mag freak! I've had Shockers, AKA Excal, an Ion... NONE compare to the feel and shooting quality of the mag.

That being said, I think the warp left (or right) Tac One body is a total waste of time and money! While I applaud AGD for their fine, fine markers, I boo this particular body. The issue, I feel is that you only get ONE RAIL out of a warp tac... the top one. AND it is pushed all the way up front. Being a scenario player myself, I felt AGD should have thought about this a bit more and NOT just pumped out a marker that looked cool. Scenario players want cool looks AND function. If you have a warp left Tac then your left rail is useless due to the warp input and the right is useless due to air hosing. If you wanted to rig something to the right, you could but it would be real ugly. So, you say we are getting something from a warp tac... a lower profile. True. But, it is obvious that AGD didnt do a redesign to accomodate the warp, they just slapped the input on the side of a tac body!

Not to mention it... THE TACS ARE HEAVY!!! Yeah, I said it. I think that to be a great scenario player you have got to be fast. Speed does not come with weight and is not only for the speedballers! A Tac with a warp feeder... DAMN HEAVY! I have a warp fed ULE and it still is weighty. Mind you, I am milling the tac that I own (vert fed) down to a mini tac one to get it down in weight a bit. I used to use the tac mainly at night scenarios because I love mounting a light and red dot. I still will but not until I bring down the weight.

All in all, I hope AGD is listening and I will be the first in line to buy a ULE Tac body thats warped with a top rail that extends from the front to the back of the marker. Also, They can bail on a rail on the air hose side (waste) and on the warp bodies input side, please have the rail AFTER the warp input, before the barrel. That would allow me to mount a scope up top where it belongs and a tac light on the side. I cant think of something I would need mounted behind the warp port... either a scope or a light would be blocked by the port itself!

Oh yeah... If you are making a gat where you have the capability of mounting a tac light with a pressure switch, you might want to make a rail where I can actually mount a pressure switch! On the one hand I applaud the lighter rail design, on the other the scoops in the rail do not allow mounting a velcro sticky (usually on a flat surface) where I can plant my light switch by my thumb (above the foregrip). For this, I would rather the RPG Shadow rail... lighter and better manueverability in foregrip placement (but an extra 85 bucks). Some people also like a single trigger... Maybe AGD can offer a build a mag section on their site and people can make their mags as custom as possible to fit their needs! THAT would rule and give AGD an edge over all other companies out there, imho.

BOTTOM LINE: dont make a scenario gun just because the demand is there and it is a cool market! People in the scenario world expect their gear to have functionality that enhances their game play... we DEMAND it! The Regular tac one is okay... but if you want to make a better gat LISTEN TO SCENARIO PLAYERS and their needs and how functionality effects their game play. Trust me, I will buy it if it is well made... I am a grown man with a great job and plenty of spending dough! heheheh :rofl: Scenario ball may be the cool new thing for companies to cater to...THATS GREAT, I play scenario! BUT dont do it and not have your stuff together! R & D people!

I LOVE YOU AGD, REALLY I DO. AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED YOU ARE THE GREATEST MARKER MANUFACTURER OUT THERE PERIOD. But that doesnt mean you cant improve right? If you want me re-design the tac body I will! Just give me a couple when you are done! :cheers:

PeterZ is right, the Tac One is by far the heaviest gun I have played with, but it looks great and quality of manufacture is not only simple but practical for milsim look and feel. I have a vertical centerfeed and thought about the warp but decided against it and I haven't once been on the field that someone hasn't asked me what is that "gun" and I'm gleeful to tell them it is an automag. I do like what I hold in my hand when I walk onto the "field of play" with it. Unquestionably to me, it is mechanical and has it's own inherent problems but markers like this are the type of things I hope my children walk into my basement when I'm 6 feet under and in that moment, look up as I did in a similiar situation with my grandfather and know that the tools used years ago, are still relevant and functional to perform the task at hand. This is what the Automag means to me.

FIST2CUFF
03-14-2007, 11:07 AM
i'll be getting a TacOne soon also, and am similarly interested in single-trigger...

does anyone know if AGD can/will sell the marker with single trigger frame right off the bat? (with or without associated price reduction - i'd be willing to pay the full regular price for not having to go through the hassle of selling the intelliframe, buying single, installing, tuning, etc...).

when i order mine, i'll be calling to ask them that, but just wanted to ask here first, in case anyone had any thoughts...

Yes they can. That is how I ordered mine. It was considered a special build though and cost the same. Since that was the case I ordered it as normal and I paid the additional $40 for a carbon fiber grip. Since I was spending that kind of money the extra $40 is nothing.

Pullman
03-14-2007, 11:24 AM
Hey fist2cuff you ought to be able to get at least $60 for your intelliframe maybe even 80 since it will be brand new. Swapping the one for the other will take like 5 minutes. I personally think you'll prefer the intelli after trying it for a while, but I could be wrong. :D

FIST2CUFF
03-14-2007, 12:06 PM

Since this is my first AGD purchase I will get to see just how it will suit me. Except for holding a few mags I really have zero experience with them. I, like you, also also have a good job. I did alot of homework to find something that I feel will give me what I am looking for. I also liked the minimags but it was the lack of any obstructions on the top of the body that the tac-one warp body provided that won me over. I agree about the attachment rails on the body. I would like to see an extended section that would go forward under the barrel so that I could mount my flashlight there. That is all I really use at night. I really did not like the qloader so the warp feed also won. As already stated I am getting a single trigger grip frame which AGD will install for you if you order it. It seems everyone wants a double trigger to use their marker as a paint hose. I really do not understand that but to each his own. That is what is done on the speedball field but I do not really like speedball. Not knocking you speedballers so don't take offense!!! As far as "heavy" is concerned, I did tote an A-5 with a flatline, flashlight (at night), low pressure kit, shoulder stock, and a 92ci/4500 tank on the drop. Now that was heavy with a capital "F" if you follow me. Now I have a remote and have the tank in my vest. Anyway I also checked out the rap4 and similar stuff but they really did'nt grab me. Basically I had a huge interest in AGD since I first seen them. The combination of reliability, accuracy, and aesthetics is hard to beat. Unfortunatly I also agree that alot of companies are not quite getting it right in the scenerio based world. Most scenerio based markers seem to be geared toward speedball. Hopefully that will get better! My tac is supposed to be here today about 5-6pm my time. All in all I feel that I will be pleased with my decision. That of course will only be discovered after I throw some paint at the next game I go to. It was a tough decision and I am sure there will be some things I will not like but I really wanted to try out a better grade of marker and could not think of a better brand. Thanks for your reply! You sound like you enjoy scenerio as much as I do! Later bud.

FIST2CUFF
03-14-2007, 12:21 PM
Hey fist2cuff you ought to be able to get at least $60 for your intelliframe maybe even 80 since it will be brand new. Swapping the one for the other will take like 5 minutes. I personally think you'll prefer the intelli after trying it for a while, but I could be wrong. :D

I ordered my tac with the single trigger grip frame mounted and the intelliframe in the box. In the price I was already paying for the intelliframe so I figured I might as well get it. I plan to keep it. One day I may try it out. :shooting:

redmagik
03-14-2007, 05:50 PM
I have a tac one with the Intelliframe, xvalve, ule trigger, TSA Halo front man laoder, a 88/4500 tank, remote, Flurry Tac vest. I also run either a stiffi carbon fiber barrel, or for a lot of fun, an Apex barrel. Nobody gets by when I run the Apex...you can really reach out and touch someone. For stealth the stiffi is great...plus stupid light also. Have fun with your new tac...your gonna love it!!!

I have four mags altogether. AGD forever...my first gun was an automag classic. Still, have it, still rocks, like to see kids faces when they get tagged by a gun that is older than they are!!!!

Mechanical guns are great. I never worry about the weather. Good, bad, rain or sun, I can always rely on my Mag......

FIST2CUFF
03-14-2007, 07:10 PM
Well I got it and so far I am impressed. :dance: Unfortunatly I geuss there was a misunderstanding because my airline did not come so I have to wait until I can get one before airing it up. :( Speaking of the stiffi barrel I really like those myself and intend to get one. I already have an apex barrel that I tried on my A-5. I understand that you can use the end on any other barrel as long as the outside diameter of the barrel is large enough to fit snugly inside the apex end.

peeeto
03-15-2007, 03:35 PM
Fist2Cuff,

the UMS Apex Adapter (http://undergroundmodshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=47&osCsid=e46fe0950901b3a9c3562fb4321c5d74) is made for that. just a simple delrin sleeve.

i got one to use on my 1-piece J&J, and it fits perfectly. i also understand that, if you know the O.D. of your barrel, they will cutom mill an adapter for you.

robnix
03-15-2007, 03:53 PM

I just got my Tac in from Tuna. Your post had put the heavy marker fear into me until I took it out of the box to see. I don't think it's that heavy at all. I'll weigh it tonight in its stock config, just because I'm curious now.

Thanna
03-15-2007, 05:05 PM
At least it's not a pps typhoon nasty.... A friend of mine owns one and that thing is HEAVY.

FIST2CUFF
03-16-2007, 06:46 AM
Thanks for the tip but I already know about the UMS apex adapter. Although it is not as attractive I know a few fellas that just wrap electrical tape around the end of their barrel to get the correct thickness and it works great. As far as the Tac being "heavy" I have to admit that I think that is very humorous!!! Compared to some very high end markers it may be heavy but I will assure anyone that it is far from heavy!! Like I said in a prior post, I carried an A-5 with a flatline, low pressure kit, and a 92ci/4500 tank on the marker. That is called "heavy". It was much better when I put the tank in my vest and used a remote but even then it is still very heavy compared to the Tac. I am in the process of getting my Tac set up. Had to get some macro line and some elbows and get them painted. Also I did not like the angle of the stock warp feed bracket. Too far forward for my taste. I am in the process of modifing it :argh: so that it will put the warp feed closer to the grip. Just a question for anyone that can answer, I have a few sites that I would like to mention here that supplies paintball stuff but I was not sure if that would be a problem??? Please let me know.

robnix
03-16-2007, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the tip but I already know about the UMS apex adapter. Although it is not as attractive I know a few fellas that just wrap electrical tape around the end of their barrel to get the correct thickness and it works great. As far as the Tac being "heavy" I have to admit that I think that is very humorous!!! Compared to some very high end markers it may be heavy but I will assure anyone that it is far from heavy!! Like I said in a prior post, I carried an A-5 with a flatline, low pressure kit, and a 92ci/4500 tank on the marker. That is called "heavy". It was much better when I put the tank in my vest and used a remote but even then it is still very heavy compared to the Tac. I am in the process of getting my Tac set up. Had to get some macro line and some elbows and get them painted. Also I did not like the angle of the stock warp feed bracket. Too far forward for my taste. I am in the process of modifing it :argh: so that it will put the warp feed closer to the grip. Just a question for anyone that can answer, I have a few sites that I would like to mention here that supplies paintball stuff but I was not sure if that would be a problem??? Please let me know.

http://www.lukescustoms.com for warp brackets.

FIST2CUFF
03-16-2007, 10:22 AM
Already corresponded with him. He returned my email uber fast. I am definitly considering buying one of his brackets. I really was not sure if it was okay to post his site. I geuss its ok. I also have a site that will make custom length steel braided airlines. They have great customer service so if you need an odd length then check them out! www.paragonperformance.com

robnix
03-16-2007, 10:31 AM
Already corresponded with him. He returned my email uber fast. I am definitly considering buying one of his brackets. I really was not sure if it was okey to post his site. I geuss its ok. I also have a site that will make custom length steel braided airlines. They have great customer service so if you need an odd length then check them out! www.paragonperformance.com

Luke does some great AGD mods, and that's a great resource. Thanks!

Coralis
03-16-2007, 05:03 PM
Or get the intelliframe and cut off part of the trigger with a dremel or hack saw to make it a single that way you have a single trigger with an oversized guard so you can wear gloves and still have plenty of room.

FIST2CUFF
03-16-2007, 09:23 PM
Hey fellas, another question but I need a definitive answer not just an opinion, no offense. I understand the mag loves oil. Should I just use the Autolube that came with my marker? In the past with other markers I mainly used airtool oil (since it is a pneumatic device and it always worked well) and for grease I use smart parts sleek silicone lubricant. I have seen others use oil designed for firearms but personally I do not agree that it should be used for a marker. Thanks.

Coralis
03-16-2007, 11:14 PM
Air tool oil will work fine , though as a personal preference i use KC trouble free oil

Badmovies.org
03-17-2007, 08:26 AM
Air tool oil will work fine , though as a personal preference i use KC trouble free oil

KC Trouble Free is the only thing I will use these days.

FIST2CUFF
03-21-2007, 07:50 PM
I did have a few qustions but I deleted my questions because I will do some more homework before posting again about this.

FIST2CUFF
03-22-2007, 04:15 AM
Ok fellas. I understand that a roller lever switch can be installed in the intelliframe to trigger a loader or the warp feed. Can this also be done with the single trigger carbon fiber grip frame?

pennywise
03-22-2007, 05:15 AM
Ok fellas. I understand that a roller lever switch can be installed in the intelliframe to trigger a loader or the warp feed. Can this also be done with the single trigger carbon fiber grip frame?
It can be done but it requires the removal of excess carbon fiber from inside the frame--a.k.a.: Dremel.

There was a post many years ago by someone who was successful in doing this mod to his CF frame. You may be able to find the posts if you do a search; however, the pics are long gone.

FIST2CUFF
03-22-2007, 05:23 AM
I thought that may be the case. Well I will have to dust off the ol dremel tool and give it a try. :argh:

pennywise
03-22-2007, 05:29 AM
I thought that may be the case. Well I will have to dust off the ol dremel tool and give it a try. :argh:
Good luck!

Coralis
03-23-2007, 07:14 PM
not without modifying the inside of the trigger frame to all room for the switch

FIST2CUFF
03-28-2007, 09:26 AM
Hey all. Well I have my Tac set up and wanted to share a few pics of it. When viewing remember that I am a scenerio player. To some it may not be that attractive but to me it is a beauty!!! There are still a few things I need to do like some painting (may even paint/duracoat a camo pattern on it) but so far it is awesome. It has been a great choice although I still have to put it through the ringer at a big game. Hopefully that will be in mid April. :headbang:
http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/2055/rsiderw4.th.jpg (http://img54.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rsiderw4.jpg)
http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/239/rcloseak6.th.jpg (http://img54.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rcloseak6.jpg)
http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/9167/lsidehe3.th.jpg (http://img54.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lsidehe3.jpg)