PDA

View Full Version : Shaving RT On/Off Pin

Shingo
03-07-2007, 06:59 PM
I have a 0.750" RT On/Off Pin and wanted to know which part of the pin I shave off to make it shorter...

Shave this end? > [[]]======
OR
Shave this end? > ======[[]]

My guess is the second one. Also, how much shorter should it be?

I'm running a Classic Valve with Lvl 10 and RT On/Off Assembly but only have 2 Lvl 10 shims in the On/Off.

Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks.

~Shingo~

wjr
03-07-2007, 07:28 PM
Shim, don't shave. That's my advice. :cheers:

Shingo
03-07-2007, 07:51 PM
To Shim or to shave... The problem is that I dont have any more shims to add to the on/off. And paying $8 for shipping 6 lvl 10 shims seem :tard:

Looking it over I'll shave this end > ======[[]]

I'll shave off 0.020" from the bottom of the pin since it's the same as adding 2 lvl 10 shims to teh on/off... that plus the 2 shims i have, would back up the pin 0.040". That's the same as 4 lvl 10 shims.

My metal file is calling to me... it's commanding me to "shave the pin... SHAVE THE PIN!!!" :eek:

~Shingo~

BigEvil
03-07-2007, 08:09 PM
probably wont do you much good in a classic valve, but you shave the part that contacts the sear.

Shingo
03-08-2007, 02:27 PM
BigE... why would it do little good on a classic valve if I shim the RT On/Off or shave the RT pin?

The point of the RT On/Off in a classic is to lower the trigger weight making it easier to walk. and the reason for the shims is to change the seal point of the On/Off. Basically adding shims is the same as shortening the pin... so if I dont have enough shims, i can always shave off the pin. Also, I thought that adding shims to the RT On/Off will reduce short stroking... Just like shimming the ULT upgrade.

Now I'm confused, anyone have info on this or provide some clarification?

~Shingo~