PDA

View Full Version : colored X-valve

ProblemKinder
03-07-2007, 10:45 PM
where can I get a colored X-valve? i went to airgun.com and they didn't have a selection for colors, only regular or reversed. do i have to go through a different company? i though AGD made the colored ones.

flyingpootang
03-07-2007, 11:43 PM
AGD dose (did) manufacture colored vales. The current colors are black, black or black.

ProblemKinder
03-07-2007, 11:51 PM
i'm not sure if that was meant to be a joke or not. but it wasn't helpful.

Beemer
03-07-2007, 11:53 PM
i'm not sure if that was meant to be a joke or not. but it wasn't helpful.

No it wasnt was it. Talk to Tuna. He might be able to help you.

Thanna
03-08-2007, 12:15 AM
AGD used to make colored x-valves, but they do not make them now. At the moment the easiest way to get a colored valve is used.

ProblemKinder
03-08-2007, 12:41 AM
thanks guys! :D

Cow123
03-08-2007, 07:02 AM
Can you anodize it to get it to be a different color?

Geoff Call
03-08-2007, 11:17 AM
We still have a red one and a blue one brand spankin' new.

Geoff Call
Paintball Charleston

t0nnn
03-08-2007, 11:39 AM
like cow asked, can they be andodized?

candjpaintball
03-08-2007, 12:00 PM
We still have a red one and a blue one brand spankin' new.

Geoff Call
Paintball Charleston
how much ?

PBCapo
03-08-2007, 12:05 PM
like cow asked, can they be andodized?

As far as I remember it can be done, but part of it has to be removed for the process...i believe it was the pin that holds it into the rail (z-lock? i'm rusty...). I believe Tunaman has done it.

Chronobreak
03-08-2007, 01:28 PM
how much ?

pm him, this isnt the place for prices...

i would suspect $300~+

apparently the colors didnt sell as well as hoped(atleast certain colors like purple)

seems like nothing agd makes sells that well anymore...nothing but a slow ands teady demand.

but dont worry im sure you dont really want a colored valve, its all in your head, and you only want one because you cant have one. :cool: /false demand rant provided by RF

Geoff Call
03-08-2007, 01:37 PM
pm him, this isnt the place for prices...

i would suspect $300~+

apparently the colors didnt sell as well as hoped(atleast certain colors like purple)

seems like nothing agd makes sells that well anymore...nothing but a slow ands teady demand.

but dont worry im sure you dont really want a colored valve, its all in your head, and you only want one because you cant have one. :cool: /false demand rant provided by RF

Yeah, pm me. Should be regular retail for them if that gives you a clue.

Thanks,

Geoff Call

GT
03-08-2007, 01:56 PM
"false demand"

The problem isnt fals demand its hording by some and then upselling. I can't get a sluggo for less than 200 these days.

Geoff Call
03-08-2007, 02:06 PM
Much truth in this. We've had these guys chilling out for a while now from when they were first available to the public. If my pricetag dates are correct, 2001, but I'm sure that's wrong. They've been here as long as I have though and thats at least 2 years:)

Thanks,

Geoff Call
Paintball Charleston

GT
03-08-2007, 02:09 PM
Just think, you could have gotten them all day long for $150 when they were sold at retail.

For what the whole 6 months to 1 year that they were availible? Its the same idea as only making car parts for the current model year car. Either commit to the product or don't.

ProblemKinder
03-08-2007, 03:24 PM
i just wish i hadn't gotten into the mag family so late in the game, it looks like i missed out on colored valves and some pretty sweet DW Bodies/rails. i guess i might be stuck with my stock mag for awhile unless i can get lucky and find some parts people are willing to sell.

ahellers
03-08-2007, 03:38 PM
There is no need to keep your mag stock. Go to www.themagsmith.com , check out some of the parts there. :D

:ninja: :ninja: :ninja:
t

ProblemKinder
03-08-2007, 04:08 PM
yah i've been there, but i don't really care for those bodies too much. ever since i saw the karta.... :wow: it's all i've wanted. question though, that dallara rail, will it fit on my RT Pro, and does it allow me to screw my foregrip directly into it so i can get rid of that stupid silver piece of metal that my foregrip is currently attached to? :confused:

i think i'm going to get that viper trigger too, i think it looks pretty sweet.

ProblemKinder
03-08-2007, 05:56 PM
Cant say I blame you there. The Karta is very nice.

Yes, all the rails there, both DW and RPG, will allow you to get rid of that stainless foregrip mounting bracket.

The Dallara rail, if you read the features, uses the Automag/Minimag sear & pin. So youll need to purchase a set of those to use with the Dallara rail. RT Pro sears & axle pins only fit RT based rails like the Shadow and Recon.

yah i noticed that. i get confused alot, it said it used Automag sear & pin, i'm not sure what it means by automag, i always thought mine was an automag, but i guess the RT Pro is different from automag? I dunno, that's my biggest problem is i don't know enough about these guns. :confused: :confused:

so, the sear and sear pin on the magsmith's Parts page is the one I need? and those just drop right in my RT pro? if so i think i'll order the rail and parts right now, (my taxes came in!! :headbang: )

thanks for the help rogue! :cheers:

Tac-OneFun
03-08-2007, 05:59 PM
Much truth in this. We've had these guys chilling out for a while now from when they were first available to the public. If my pricetag dates are correct, 2001, but I'm sure that's wrong. They've been here as long as I have though and thats at least 2 years:)

Thanks,

Geoff Call
Paintball Charleston

aw geoff i wanted to get those... sike

DaFin
03-08-2007, 07:16 PM
Just think, you could have gotten them all day long for $150 when they were sold at retail. Its a shame they werent flying off the shelves at that price, maybe there would be more to purchase right now if they had ;)

If I could get a new, complete X-valve for $150 today, I would, red, pewter or even black for that matter. No joke either, I'll put my money where my mouth is. If someone has a new one they want to sell for that price, PM me.

/crickets

punkncat
03-08-2007, 07:30 PM
question though, that dallara rail, will it fit on my RT Pro, and does it allow me to screw my foregrip directly into it so i can get rid of that stupid silver piece of metal that my foregrip is currently attached to? :confused:

Take off the silver piece. Remove the foregrip from the silver piece. Remove the rail from the marker and note the almost drilled through spot on the front side of the rail (body side). Tap it on out, and you will be able to choose a forward or more rearward mounting location for the stock foregrip.

YW

Tunaman
03-08-2007, 07:36 PM
If I could get a new, complete X-valve for $150 today, I would, red, pewter or even black for that matter. No joke either, I'll put my money where my mouth is. If someone has a new one they want to sell for that price, PM me.

/cricketsI'll take 100 too... :D

DaFin
03-08-2007, 07:43 PM
Oi! My bad. :eek:

But I love crickets...

GT
03-09-2007, 08:41 AM
2002-2006= 3-4 years, which is commitment enough.

Hold on a second here. You are telling me AGD actually had something in stock for 3-4 years? I call BS. They may have "made" them for 3-4 years that doesn't mean they had any for sale.