PDA

View Full Version : A problem I'm unable to solve

sTaLa
03-08-2007, 09:48 AM
Last time I used it my mag worked perfectly. But I aired it up today and got a problem. It chuffs... a lot.

My setup is an XValve with the Lv 10.

I know I have the right carrier because it doesn't leak with no shims. And I know I have enough shims because the bolt reset everytime when I put my finger in the breech.

But it chuffs so much and can end up with 3 balls in my barrel... and after 3-4 shots all the balls will be shot a the same time... with a break for sure.

I don't know what's the problem with that mag, does any of you have any idea?

Thanks,
Alex

Edit:
I now have an E-mag pin. I began the day with the stock RT pin but it broke on me... So I installed the E-mag pin I had laying around. But it does the exact same thing with both pins... just thought it was worth mentioning it.

cyberave68
03-08-2007, 09:53 AM
Well i would say first off check your ball detent, If your feeding more than one ball at a time. Also you may want to put a little oil on the bolt where it goes in the powertube tip. My o-ring in mine needs oil every time i play or i get the chuffing too....(kinda like bolt stick)
My 2 cents worth hope it helps

sTaLa
03-08-2007, 10:07 AM
It's not the ball detent because it doesn't double feed unless I pull the trigger:
1. I pull the trigger;
2. It chuffs and a ball goes into the barrel;
3. An other ball gets in front of the bolt (So I end up with more than one ball in the barrel).
4. And keeps going until all of a sudden the gun shots.

About the oil, I oiled it twice through the inlet air. I might try it with the power tube.

DaFin
03-08-2007, 10:13 AM
I would check the reg piston, make sure that it's clean and lubed with no foreign matter in there like pet hair or blades of grass, etc.

What happens without paint? Is the paint relatively round and a decent match for the barrel?

cyberave68
03-08-2007, 10:28 AM
What type of body do you have? SS or ULE? depending on the type of dentent. If there is more than one ball feeding it still may be the detent. If the detent is week, the weight of other paintballs could keep a small feed going? It has happend to me before, and of course the detent was the last thing i checked...

4. And keeps going until all of a sudden the gun shoots.

As for the gun shooting? Do you mean it shoots by itself?

I also remember that every now and then i have to take my ON/OFF out and put oil on it directly. I actually put DOW33 on my ULT to keep it from sticking when i shoot it...?

sTaLa
03-08-2007, 10:46 AM
I have a warp body.

And it will never double feed unless I pull the trigger. I can shake the gun as much as I want... it won't double feed. It "kind of" double feeds after I pulled the trigger and it chuffed.

4. And keeps going until all of a sudden the gun shoots.
I meant: One ball in the breech. Pull the trigger, chuff, and 2 balls in the breech. Pull the trigger, chuff, and 3 balls in the breech. Pull the trigger, fire, 3 balls (most of the time broken) out of the barrel.

The bolt moves, therefore pushes the ball farther into the the barrel. Hence, it lets a place for a new ball in the breech. That's why it "kind of" double feeds.

I'll try to directly oil my RT on/off.
Thanks.
Alex

athomas
03-08-2007, 01:12 PM
You are running at a setting that doesn't have quite enough air pressure to power the bolt forward. Increase the velocity setting. If the new setting causes the gun to shoot at a higher chrono speed than you want, change to a shorter bolt spring and rechrono.

sTaLa
03-08-2007, 01:57 PM
You are running at a setting that doesn't have quite enough air pressure to power the bolt forward. Increase the velocity setting. If the new setting causes the gun to shoot at a higher chrono speed than you want, change to a shorter bolt spring and rechrono.

That makes sense... I'll try that. Thanks!

Pneumagger
03-08-2007, 02:07 PM
Try using your lightest spring OR cranking up the velocity piston. If you have the strong spring in (red i think) the bolt might not even fire under around 285 fps. It's entirely possible your psi got accidently turned down or something.

To determine if it's the LX alltogether, you could install a Level 7 bolt to see if it still chuffs.

Spider-TW
03-08-2007, 04:31 PM
Make sure your input pressure is good.

I have put away a bottle and backed out the reg to keep the spring unloaded. When I got it out months later my mag (which was working fine the week before) would only shoot right once every minute or so, until I remembered to crank the bottle back up. :tard:

warpspyder
03-08-2007, 09:24 PM
Just kind of an 'oh yeah' thing. I had this problem at the field once.

Problem was my on/off wasn't screwed in completely. If your gun can't get air it won't shoot.

Probably not it, but I'll post it just in case.