PDA

View Full Version : Leaky Mag - Help an old timer out

JEDI
03-08-2007, 09:22 PM
I haven't picked up my Mag in a few years. Now, when i air it up, it leaks down the barrel. If I wiggle or push in on the bolt it stops, but upon firing it, or moving it around it leaks. Ok, here's the set-up. I forget some of the part names so please bear with me:

(Tuna Built) ULE Body, X valve, Level Ten bolt, bumper, medium spring with two finished flat ends...

Interior: Valve Tip is of the "wrench flats" variety (not the loosen with dime type) with one O-ring on it. After that is two small shims, then a spacer with one dot and two lines. Remove that, and there appears to be one white plastic washer.

Ok, the on/off assy. (ULE trigger type). From the outside - flat outer piece with one O-ring, then one shim, then lower half with a lower O-ring. On/off pin down the center.

Like I said it been some time since I used the Mag. Any help (or proper naming of parts :D ) would be greatly appreciated. Its a really nice all-black TunaMag that I'd love to see work again

ps. who makes the rail with the 3 cuts on either side, on the back end?

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
03-08-2007, 09:33 PM
I guess to start off, how do all the Orings look? I know when I picked up my mag after 3 years the orings were brown dry and looked like they were falling apart. If you're LX bolt is having a snugish fit/smooth move with the power tube then I am thinking to look first at your On/Off assembly.

To start Oil everything then air it up and shoot it a dozen times and see if it still leaks.

Tunaman
03-09-2007, 12:28 AM
Take out all of the shims in the L10 first. Let us know if it still leaks. If so. Check the carrier oring(white) and maybe go one size smaller carrier using the same oring...

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
03-09-2007, 12:48 AM
Yeah, What Tuna said :D

Madmarx
03-09-2007, 06:14 AM
As above^^ and OIL is your friend. ;)
Good luck and post how you make out.

JEDI
03-09-2007, 08:17 PM
Yo!!! Tuna! Hows it going man? Ok, let me give these tips a try. Thanks guys!

rob123456789
03-09-2007, 08:50 PM
I think youre talking about a thrasher rail made by rogue but it is no longer in production (I think)

Madmarx
03-10-2007, 10:14 AM
The Thrasher rail has the "cuts" on the front and back, he said just the back.

JEDI
03-10-2007, 06:56 PM
The Thrasher rail has the "cuts" on the front and back, he said just the back.
Maybe the Omega rail? Does that sound familiar?

JEDI
03-15-2007, 11:41 AM
Take out all of the shims in the L10 first. Let us know if it still leaks. If so. Check the carrier oring(white) and maybe go one size smaller carrier using the same oring...
Would one size smaller be just two lines, and no dot on the carrier?

A-Tach-One
03-15-2007, 02:16 PM
Would one size smaller be just two lines, and no dot on the carrier?
Yes sir you got it.

JEDI
03-22-2007, 09:02 PM
Ok, two questions now. I have a tight carrier with one groove, no dots. It barely leaks... barely. Question one: will oiling it and shooting it a lot eventually wear it in, and stop the leak? Question two: Theres no shims at all, and the bolt cycles/returns fine. Do I have to have shims in there?

I cant imagine going even tighter on the carrier.

Tunaman
03-23-2007, 05:08 AM
You might try changing the oring to a new one and starting over looking for a SNUG not tight fit on the bolt before installing the carrier...