PDA

View Full Version : Scenario Machine Gun

Pballwizz
03-08-2007, 10:35 PM
So, heres the story. I used to love speedball. The guys were like family, and some still are, but with the new generation (Im 17 but have been playing for at least 5 years, yet have nothing on hte vets, so dont go off on me about that :D ) of young rich kids, who, although they have talent, are cocky as all hell, and have a disposable income, Ive kind of lost that sense of community. But, what Ive noticed, is, at least around here, the woodsball guys are real tight knit, and theres an up and coming scenario/rec/woods group around here.

Now, a little more background info. I heard today, that the local field is, within a year, moving their speedball course to a indoor facility about half an hour away. Where the speedball course is now, is going to be made into a giant dirt mound, with pillbox's, and hopefully MG nests and stuff. If im right, it will be able to be assaulted from the surround woods, by crossing a creek (Im thinking beach storming style :headbang: )

Now, heres the point. Ive always loved the big heavy guns that just have a ton of kick and just rip paint. Right now, I have my aliased GZ timmy, which fits that persona. I love machine guns, although I have no experience with military or anything.

I want to make my timmy, or any other timmy, or any other gun like the gun I described, more milsim and "machine-gun-ish". Right now, what Im thinking, is:

Nice annoe job (maybe a nice faded one ((i.e. Shocker style)) or a camoflauge one)
A q loader somehow mouted like a clip on it*
A nice barrel with interchangeable breaches
Some kind of shroud to cover the LPR
Possibly a Spec Ops stock with a remote
or
An old school bottomline stock, with a drop to mount hte tank under it.

What the * designates is the Q-loader. Now, due to all Timmy's vert feed configuration, it would be tough to mount on realisitically. I was thinking of (Ive never owned a Q loader, so I dunno if its possible) to mount the loader on the feedneck itself, with a short hose running into the feedneck. Id have it at a slight angle, like a tip loading clip.

Ok, so theres my "story", now I need suggestions. How would you make a timmy more Mil-Sim/Machine Gun. Im sticking with the GZ platform, due to its rugged milling design.

Thanks for the read guys! I appreciate the help! :cheers:

/Hmmm...perhaps Dualies....
//Thread for real...

mag_lover05
03-08-2007, 11:31 PM
if you have seen Zak Vetters vids he puts the qloader into the feedneck...dont know if thats what your looking for... but a timmy with a N-yo face stock would be funny lookin. (stock with asa so you could mount tank)

Pballwizz
03-08-2007, 11:59 PM
Has anyone used the Lapco Drop + Stock? Can the ASA be flipped forwards?

And Mag_Lover- Thanks for the input!

ProblemKinder
03-08-2007, 11:59 PM
go buy a Tac and mil-sim it out. :shooting:

Pballwizz
03-09-2007, 12:10 AM
Nah, like I said in the post, I love the feel of timmys, and dont wanna give it up!

Don Carnage
03-09-2007, 12:28 AM
Has anyone used the Lapco Drop + Stock? Can the ASA be flipped forwards?

Yes, it can.

uluru
03-09-2007, 12:36 AM
Nah, like I said in the post, I love the feel of timmys, and dont wanna give it up!

You should go to Special Ops forums.
Generally this forum is more related to Automags, not "timmys" ;)

Pballwizz
03-09-2007, 12:45 AM
Yes, it can.

Thanks man. And I know its a mag forum, but there are people who have experience with other guns, lol. But thanks for the input so far guys!

uluru
03-09-2007, 01:09 AM
Thanks man. And I know its a mag forum, but there are people who have experience with other guns, lol. But thanks for the input so far guys!

No doubt about that, but, i'm sure you could get more advises on the special ops forums.
:cheers:

Thanna
03-09-2007, 02:36 AM
I'm not familiar with timmys but qloader has an adaptor to mount the socket directly to the feedneck. You could try looking at the qloader website to see if you can use any of their kits. Also RAP4 has some pics too to look at. Hope that helps.

custar
03-10-2007, 11:41 AM
englercustoms.com can do the work for you. Eric does some very impressive work on milsim markers. He used to base most of his work on Tippmanns, but he is now branching out more.

custar

tribalman
03-10-2007, 12:50 PM
Nice annoe job (maybe a nice faded one ((i.e. Shocker style)) or a camoflauge one)
A q loader somehow mouted like a clip on it*
A nice barrel with interchangeable breaches

to me it sounds like you want an x-mag for the breeches or an e-tac. to have changeable breeches on a timmy would cost you. do you have an after market feed neck? cause on my 2k2 (same gun different milling) i can take the neck off and there is still a little screw-on protruding part there for breeches, it's not like the angels where the breech screws into the gun. with that piece you can have a 90* and the qloader has a strap you can use to attach it to the barrel and having it extend downward. and you have your "clip" system!

and as far as shooting fast and dumping paint, i can do that on my old mech spyder. you just need to get used to shooting with a heavy(ier) trigger and you can rip on mech guns.

for the milsim look, i recommend Ariakon.