PDA

View Full Version : Been a long time thought I'd pop in and ask a question at the same time.

FutureMagOwner
03-09-2007, 08:37 PM
I doubt anyone remembers me but I saw a post in another forum (pnation if you must know) that reminded me that I haven't been on here or a few other forums in a long time, and I figured I'd post to see what people have been up to.

I also have a couple questions, I have not played in probably over two years now I'd say so I am completely out of date and behind on the times. I don't have any interest in any of the new stuff that is being sold. From what I can tell from the products the game has continued down the path that ruined the game in my eyes, but I figured I'd give it another try maybe just once. My question is is that I want to make a mech cocker using 2k2 body and some of the best parts from that period of time (Eclipse frame, etc) and I was wondering if there are any stores that sell the good stuff anymore for mechanical cockers? I have do not have any interest in any electronic guns or any other guns really for that matter, and to be honest I want it more to play around with now that I am an engineering student than anything, but I'd love to have the same sweet autococker that I had way back when I bought mine in april 2002. The problem is all the stores I used to go to either sell a much more limited stock than in the past, or went out of business, or sell all these cheap looking over priced doohickeys that have zero appeal to me.

Chronobreak
03-09-2007, 08:49 PM
your best bet is searching bst misc sections or use tools like dealfinder to find the aprts your looking for.

they should be enarly dirt cheap by now.

i dont know of any dealers that keep the older items instock

Caboose
03-09-2007, 08:49 PM
Cocker parts are definately on the low right now. PE discontinued all cocker parts. KAPP is gone. Shocktech is gone (pretty much). Belsales still produces!!! WOOOOHOOO. Uhh... WGP is crap now. Compulsive carries cocker parts, I'd check them out.

Most all aftermarket cocker companies are either out of business or just don't make anything anymore for cockers.

mag_lover05
03-09-2007, 08:51 PM
what you have is still probly the best out their....

originalspyderxtra
03-09-2007, 09:06 PM
welcome back, and welcom to the grim future. the age of mechs ruling the land is sadly gone and taken over by the electros.(its true what they say in the movies, electronics will ruin the world) its fairly hard to find mech parts except for ebay or shochtechusa.com. there just about the only plce that has everyhting in stock. they actually have a huge surplus and there are very good deals there. i myself got my hands on a cold fusion but that project failed when i fell in love with mags and just couldent get the cocker working properly. but there are many people selling rare or just cool mech cockers for dirt cheep. id pick up one of those and have some fun. there is light for the mechs though, there was the development of the pneumag and supposed development of a similar trigger for cockers but the cocker frame was never really released in detail or produced. however i have figued out a way to make the cocker frame (yeah i love engineering too, im going to college fro mechanical) and i hope, but doubt, there is a real market for it. unfortunatly people now a days just want to pop in a battery and waste paint. though there seems to be some spreading of the rec/senerio sceen and the demand for mechs has been on the rise. the only thing you really can do is play and promote that mechs are just as good as electos but you dont need to spend lots of money on batteries for your gun and super fast hopper (i have a halo myself but my cocker just wasnt working well with my revvy when i picked up an eblade). ive been trying to get my friend to realize he was much bette off buying the mag he wanted than his ion. which he spend a ton of money making it milsim and could have bought a warp tac one and emag lowers for lees than he payed for his ion. idk why everyone is so influenced by hype but we have to live with it. well thats my help/rant, good luck with your cocker project, just remember to have fun and dont give up on it, it can get frustrating at times.

Remington
03-09-2007, 09:43 PM
Thanks for poppin' in to say "hi" Future, been a long time! Good luck with the search, and like Chrono said, your best bet is probably in the Buy-Sell-Trade section of a forum like AO or PBN.

:cheers:

Cow123
03-09-2007, 09:53 PM
Hooray for mech cockers! (http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k246/Yawn_Monkeys/Paintball/DSC02176.jpg?t=1173495943)

Good luck finding parts, and if you find a hammer(new, preferably stock weight) send me a PM. I need a new one.

Smoothice
03-09-2007, 10:06 PM
I picked up a complete 2002 autococker for $25 and an old PGP.

The sweet deals are out there. Check the bst's and offer up.

Russ
03-10-2007, 12:12 AM
Actually, I do remember you...and I haven't played in almost 4 years! :sleeping:

Don Carnage
03-10-2007, 07:00 PM
Welcome back to Paintball.

Other than ebay scores, ANS and Palmers make good cocker stuff.

From what I've heard, cockers are slowly beginning to rebuild their fan base. A lot of players are getting disenchanted or sick of the all-electro hype and want good guns that they can work on themselves without having to send it off to a tech. Pumps are also beginning to have a resurge of fans.

Where I am, it's not too hard to find large groups of people who play with mechinical-only guns. There's even people around here that run scenario games where no one is allowed a hopper and must load one at a time. The trick is to find like-minded players in your area so you have a good time, and to make a good impression on newer players so that when they're ready to make the big investment they go with a mag or cocker instead of something else.

bryceeden
03-10-2007, 07:30 PM
Does anyone know what happened to System X? They used to have some nice stuff.

Cow123
03-10-2007, 09:16 PM
Does anyone know what happened to System X? They used to have some nice stuff.
Didn't they get sued for their Autococker ripoffs?

GT
03-10-2007, 10:35 PM
I remeber you. If you are intrested I have a raw Jackal RDL Kit. One of the last made, If you are intrested shoot me a price. Check Palmer's as they still make cocker parts.

Russ
03-11-2007, 09:15 AM
ANS still makes some nice 'cocker parts...and the GenX-5 is a sweet gun for little money. My Son still shoots his GenX-3. Great gun :headbang:

ANS Extreme (http://www.ansxtreme.com/)

turbo chicken
03-11-2007, 10:12 AM
Palmers has come cocker parts ... they are on the expensive side of things but can definately help with performance :)